Psychoville

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Giradius
Apprentice

Psychoville

Post by Giradius »

Hello folks

Has anybody else here become a fan of the new BBC comedy Psychoville?

Created by 2 of the brains behind the League of Gentleman, this series follows in the Leagues rather dark and grotesque footsteps, fans of edgier darker comedy will enjoy this.
The series has quite a large web presence with fake Youtube accounts created for the characters as well as fake websites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoville

I doubt that anybody across the big pond has seen it yet (as it hasn't finished its run here yet) but if you can get onto the web site, you can watch whole episodes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l9n18
HELLO DAVE!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Psychoville

Post by Jan »

Thanks for information, I didn't know it. I'd really like to watch this, because I love british comedies and TV series and "britcoms" (starting with The Professionals, Yes Minister, Monty Pythons, Red Dwarf, and ending with IT Crowd, and many others). However, I don't seem to have a chance to watch this now.
Giradius wrote:If you can get onto the web site, you can watch whole episodes of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l9n18
This doesn't work. It says "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only" - that's normal, most of the BBC larger videos are available only for the UK.

Any ideas? I'd really like to watch it! :) For instance it was (and still is) possible to download IT Crowd from the web more or less legally (for your own use). Do you know if it's possible to do the same with Psychoville? I mean legally? :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I've been watching. It's good in places, excellent in others and bad in some, though it could never hope to top the marvel that was League of Gentlemen.

Last weeks episode was weak, though the Rope inspired one (with the almost single take) the week before was a piece of genius. I surely think that Reece Shearsmith is one of the best comedy actors of this generation.

@Jan: Send me your address in a PM and I'll mail you a DVD with all the episodes on when the series has finished :-) Not really legal though...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Gambit: Wow, thanks! That would be fantastic!

I've sent you a PM... I think. I hope I've sent it. Erm... did I? I'm not sure. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Thank you very much beforehand. But... erm... how do I cover the post expenses for you? I can send you some money by post too... or something else... just ask for something. :)
Giradius
Apprentice

Post by Giradius »

I think its great, although I know what you mean about some being weaker than others (my least favourite character is the Dwarf).

Psychoville is probably set in the same world as the League of gentleman, while the leaugue focuses on Royston Vasey and its "local" inhabitants, psychoville shows the rest of our green and pleasant land, with its angry clowns and deranged nurses.

You can probably find it on torrent sites, or if you give it a while, somebody might upload it onto youtube.

I reccomend you try and see the League of Gentleman if you have not already, its about life in the small town of Royston vasey in the north of England, and everybody who lives there is a bit peculiar.
One of my favorites has to be Papa Lazarou "HELLO DAVE"
HELLO DAVE!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Your MY wife Now!

@Jan: Not sure who you PMd, but it wasn't me! Don't worry about postage, I don't think it will be too expensive. Send me some snow or something. :-)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Gambit37 wrote:@Jan: Not sure who you PMd, but it wasn't me! Don't worry about postage, I don't think it will be too expensive. Send me some snow or something. :-)
Done. I hope. Erm. Must be the failing internet connection... :oops:

I know what I'll send you - won't tell now, and it's not going to be snow, or water, or air, or sunshine, or ice, or earth, or something - it'll be something more interesting. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Jan: Cool! :-)
Giradius wrote:in the north of England, and everybody who lives there is a bit peculiar.
At risk of being set upon by various members, I think you summed up northern England quite well... :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As someone currently living in southern england, I'd say the north is not alone
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I should point out I *was* only kidding. I wholeheartedly agree with you Beo. I sadly now live not far from Croydon. It appears to be inhabited by an alien species.
Giradius
Apprentice

Post by Giradius »

I went to Croydon once for a meeting, I thought it was quite nice.

Maybe that explains a few things :p
HELLO DAVE!
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

"Wuuf's big brother"