book title I can't remember, please help!!

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

book title I can't remember, please help!!

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok, there is a book series that I can't remember the name of. Here's what I remember

I think there were 3 porgrammers who live in our universe but have the ability to cross to an alternate universe where magic exists. They use their knowledge as programmers to write spells like the would code. These spells are carried out by their little programs which appear to sometimes be represented by little goblin workers or something..

There is one point in one of the books where I remember one of them writing this advanced spell for making laundry detergent which would clean anything.. and some ninja like assassin was sneaking up behind him to attack but slips into the detergent and slides down the hall and down the stairs and out the castle :P

I think that one of the books had an image of an F-14 tomcat being chased by a dragon.

anyone know the book I'm talking about?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: book title I can't remember, please help!!

Post by Gambit37 »

No idea, but they sound great! :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Never heard of it - just tried a few Google searches with some words from your description and come up with nothing resembling it, sorry :(. The only book set that came up was something called "The Dance of Gods", and a look at a synopsis doesn't sound anything like what you've described. Can you remember any of the character names or anything?
Apprentice

Post by alandale »

I think you mean Rick Cook's Wizardry series. I only ever read the first one, Wizard's Bane. It was pretty good. "The Wizardry Cursed" has a jet and dragon on the cover.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yess!! that's the series. Thanks Alandale.. I think I remember us talking about it long long ago over MSN actually.. I knew it was a DM user I had talked to about it.. thanks thanks thanks!

now... next book..

This one has a more scifi theme to it, and it's set in the not too far future i think.. I think it's something like the fantastic Flynn or something like that..

The book has this guy who basically works the transport company, but rather than the usual hop on the metro and ride the train.. this guy can telelport people. So they all pile into a room and he teleports them. However this is some kind of mystery surrounding his life and his real birth parents.. and I think at some point in the book he's on a moon base or something.. can't remember it all. Any ideas?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

no guesses on that one eh? hmm
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Nope, no idea. Got any more? ;)
Then again, it's not even been 24 hours since you made that post - maybe someone who knows what it is hasn't got round to reading it yet ;).