Firefly fans may enjoy this

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Firefly fans may enjoy this

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/13/821015 ... er-firefly

I figured if you hadn't already heard about it..
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Re: Firefly fans may enjoy this

Post by MasterWuuf »

OUCH! I fully expected to see Nathan Fillon, or at least Adam Baldwin, at the sink as he went to wash his hands (with the signed magazine tucked under one of their arms).

I guess I won't be looking forward to seeing this one.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Related, did you know it's TEN YEARS since Serenity the film came out? Thirteen since Firefly first broadcast!

Man, I feel super-old :|
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, I keep realizing how old I am, and yet have no perspective, really, about how long ago something aired.. songs and shows I still think are recent are nearly unheard of to my younger students.. Firefly being 13 means that some of my students would have only been 5.. yeah.. I know.. (and then I try to mention dungeon master... anyone under 35 is unlikely to have played it. )

Honestly though, when firefly came out, I didn't watch it. I didn't like the pilot, I shut it off half way through. It took about 9 years before I tried to watch the show.. only because it was on netflix :) but then I really enjoyed it..
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

cowsmanaut wrote:yeah, I keep realizing how old I am, and yet have no perspective, really, about how long ago something aired.. songs and shows I still think are recent are nearly unheard of to my younger students.. Firefly being 13 means that some of my students would have only been 5.. yeah.. I know.. (and then I try to mention dungeon master... anyone under 35 is unlikely to have played it. )
You tell me. I mentioned Walkman when chatting with my students recently (like "people walking in the streets with earplugs in their ears listening to Walkmans") and they were just " :shock: ".
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, the facebook posts showing things like Audio tapes and a pencil and it says "If you get the connection... you're old"...
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Man, I still can't believe Fox dropped a series from the creator of the massive hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. Jos is a genius on the small screen and Fox really dropped the ball on that one. I was really getting into the series, the story, and the characters when --- BOOM! it's gone!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, but they, like Farscape, managed to get a bit more from the creators after appealing the cancellation via petition. It was something at least.