EA on the house

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

EA on the house

Post by oh_brother »

Firstly, apologies for a post about EA. But for anyone who uses Origin*, it is worth looking out for the free games they give from time to time. They are only available for a limited period, but once you get them you can keep them for good.

They had Mass Effect 2 on recently, which is a great game especially if you get it for nothing (I had intended to post that here, but forgot). I got Dungeon Keeper recently (saves me digging out an old cd when I want to play it) and currently Theme Hospital is available. A list of previously available titles can be found here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ouse_games

* I don't buy their games anymore, but I still play my back catalogue.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: EA on the house

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, interesting. We still have our original Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital CDs I think :D. Even so, those kind of games aren't exactly expensive to grab from somewhere like GoG. But it's cool that they're giving away games like that...well, as long as they're not also using it as a sneaky way to get people to download their launcher thingy and spam them with stuff or something :P.
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Of course that's what they're doing, this is EA we're talking about. :P
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I get no spam from it, though I suspect it is certainly to keep people engaged in the hope that they will buy new stuff. Then again, I have managed to avoid doing that, despite having only a mediocre level of self control :wink: