Screen shots of my game

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Taghor
Novice

Screen shots of my game

Post by Taghor »

Hey there, heres some screenshots of the game i said i was developing...im not very good at web design or graphics i know..im more into the programming and maths of the game itself please leave a message in the guest book or in this forum?

if wanted i could stitch up a brief alpha version...

Taghor 8) :twisted:
http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/dungeoneye/
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

So what do you aim for, a 100% EOB-clone?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Hey thats looking mighty nice, whats it being written in Taghor? My only critique is that the viewport a little small.

Is it like a DM/EOB Hybrid?
Regards,

Andy
Taghor
Novice

Post by Taghor »

well im trying to keep it simple..but i may have to write it in C++ which means i will probably write it in the dos version because thats what i was taught..or visual C++ if it isnt too different; so far its written in Visual Basic which im not that used to..you see, the problem i feel with most of theses clones all though they are very good, and probably better then the original Dungeon master/Eye of the beholder is...that its written in complex languages that not everyone can understand....

The viewport is one issue i have been trying to change for awhile and the only problem is...i cannot draw squat lol...the graphics were ripped from a program called Unlimited Adventures...its an old program made in the 90's it would let you create things like 'Pools of darkness' etc.. and unfortunatly in those days disk space was gold dust and the graphics were kept to a minimum...if anyone can tell me where to get or provide bigger complete graphics then i will change it..it wouldnt take me more then 20 minuites to do though...

Yes it is a EOB/DM hybrid....only due to the fact the story line system in eye of the beholder i thought was better...also i may change some of the stats...though im goin to keep the magic thing..and probably change how it works...and also add some new rune's to it

Also can anyone think of a Name for it? lol... ive thought of Eye of the dungeon.... Infinate dungeons... The Dungeon Masters Eye... but they sound pants...

oh and by the way ive just ripped out the combat routines..they were annoying me... i think im just not used to the easyness of VB and hard program things in that are already there...

Ile keep you posted

8) _-*-_Taghor_-*-_ :twisted:
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

The Eye of Chaos! Or just Chaos' Eye!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Taghor
Novice

Post by Taghor »

The Eye of Chaos sounds good...now off to paintshop pro to design an intro animation!!!
which i shall put on the site...ASAP lol

and im going to try to tommorrow to increase the viewpoint with some graphics...i may get some out of DMJava...sorry if it sounds like im a thief..but when i realise a alpha version ile try n fiddle around and make my own graphics

8) _-*-_Taghor_-*-_ :twisted: