Which DM projects do you support? (main clones)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Which DM projects do you support? (main clones)

Post by beowuuf »

With RTC getting closer to a final version all the time, DMJava's latest patch due anytime now and CSB for windows quietly moving up versions (it IS a complete playable game), I just wandered which were known best and supported most.
Last edited by beowuuf on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sucinum
Pal Master

who isnt...

Post by sucinum »

registered?

btw, it seems, that only 4 persons use this forum recently, thats you, zyx, Ian and me (the team-dungeon-team)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Which DM projects do you support?

Post by beowuuf »

I think you'll find there is a higher amount of lurkers, and lots of people still aren't registered...zyx for one...
Hmm, that's odd since you come up as a junior member when posting...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

stupid me. theres a GIANT login button i never used, i just entered my user name and pw...now it works great...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I visit this board almost every day, as I do with all the other DM boards. I rarely post anymore as there's very little I can add - most of my free time is spent on my new DM website...

I support RTC mainly, and have assisted George where possible (sent him high quality WAVS, Hint Oracle font, relative creature strength chart, etc. etc.).

I briefly played DMJava, but couldn't get into it - it's all too disjointed, and the graphics are inconsistemt. It just doesn't feel complete for some reason.

Also briefly played CSB for Windows, but the emulated Amiga version is better, so I haven't bothered with it anymore.

I believe the other DM Clone is dead - nothing seems to have happened on that for months, ever since George started in earnest on RTC.

DM Legacy - I lost the URL so I haven't seen it for ages. Anyone know the web address? <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 7/8/01 10:05:13 pm
</i>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

DM: Legacy

Post by beowuuf »

I've only got the e-mails, no web addresses were included from what I could see.

And when you mention emulated Amiga - you mean you prefer the amiga version of DM over the atari, yes? If not, then how do you get the emulator to run as fast as CSB for windows! When I tried mine to play DM it was annoyingly slow compared to the PC DOS version and I gave up fiddling with it.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

amaprotu
Adept

Re: DM: Legacy

Post by amaprotu »

Heh I visit the RTC site about 4 times a day ( that I will admit to ).

I hardly ever post here cuz (this is gonna hurt my rtc credibility) I've never used DMute and still havn't beaten DM. I got to about lvl 10 or 11 I think in the PC version but I have a SB live and that means no sound. I also got stuck. I figured I would wait til RTC so I could play through with sound and make sure I didn't miss any keys or anything. =p
- Amaprotu
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, i think this more shows the crossection of people that visit dmweb rather than supporting the clones...
hmm, interesting that there are more votes for csb4win that dmj..guess mroe cross over between christophe's board and here than dmj board and here

Secret Journey
Novice

Post by Secret Journey »

:P

DM Java..I just couldn't get into it. Tried and tried..just couldn't.

I've not actually tried CSB for Windows so I should be quiet on that score for now.

RTC I downloaded months ago and played for a bit but the error where, if you clicked beneath the party icons the game would quit, annoyed me. I have been meaning to go back to it.....wasn't so sure about the spell books in the inventory allowing access to runes. Is it still in there? <p><p><font size=1><marquee>How's it feel when she's coming up roses, How's it feel when she's coming up sweet, How's it feel when it's all in spite of you, How's it feel when she's out of your reach?</marquee></font></p></p>