The DM RPG Engine?

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
TIDLES
Neophyte

The DM RPG Engine?

Post by TIDLES »

Hi,

One question I can't find answered in the FAQ is has anybody broken up an explained the RPG engine of DM? As a non-traditional-rpg'er, I find all the stats a little confusing. I understand how the likes of weight restrictions and strengths can affect movement or the weildinging of heavy items. But I would have liked to have seen a DM specific pseudo code example of how the stats variables affect various actions or combat. Even somesort of tree diagram showing the dependency of certain actions on certain attributes would be useful. How does time affect these attributes?

This may work out to be more of a wish list than an info request at the end of the day as I don't think there is a short explanation for this side of DM.

Cheers,

Ian
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: The DM RPG Engine?

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, replied to the wrong thread
<a href="http://pub17.ezboard.com/fiansmessagebo ... 8.topic</a>
wanted to bring this one up to the top with it
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
TIDLES
Neophyte

... :0(

Post by TIDLES »

Ok,

I half expected this already Beowuuf, as I have had a good rumage aroung most of the fan/clone sites with no luck but I thought there would be no harm in asking. :P

I love the DM RPG engine, nothing has touched it as far I am concerned since it was written. The real-time character progression is a pleasure to watch (and play!). I have looked at CSB4windows source and it's a little difficult to follow. The source is almost a manual cross compile. All the 68000 registers,stack and op-codes are being emulated in 'C' line for line. Macros are used to quite a lot as well. This makes it a little hard to read but a very good resource none the less. I will try and make a simple turn based combat test program as a test bed for the RPG engine, if I can extract it from the source. If I succeed I will open it up to the community.

Any help is appreciated or if anybody has cracked it already... :wink:

Cheers,

Ian