AMOS Basic clone from AMIGA 500 (1990's)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
jhice
Neophyte

AMOS Basic clone from AMIGA 500 (1990's)

Post by jhice »

Hi there,

Just for info, I did a start of clone called "AMOS Dungeon" in 1990's... It's a old stuff...

More info here, English/Français :

http://www.clancalendar.net/jhice/amos_dungeon/

Only the move system was coded, after hard time ripping and adjusting the bitmaps.

I added doors that goes to an outside world, so we could enter and exit dungeons, like in "Diablo". The game "Ishar" has been amazing me with his outdoor graphisms.

As you can see on the screens, the engine has been used to make a 2D game in split screen, with characters from "Hired Guns" a great multiplayer game (up to 4 players in split screen)...

All these portions of code did nothing but learn myself at coding. No finished games have born from these.
Selur
Apprentice

Post by Selur »

Hi

Sounds interesting. Can u add more screens ?

I'm working on similar project.
MatrixCat
Neophyte

Post by MatrixCat »

AMOS...brings back memories. I once coded a maze walk-about in BlitzBasicII on my A1200 (still works). In fact I'm now experimenting with coding the same mechanism in C for a PalmOS maze thingy.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Hi Jhice,

quote: "Bitmaps have been ripped with a "memory-rip" tool."

Could you tell me what this program is called and maybe where I can find it?

I could use something like that for some Amiga games I'd like to rip images from.

Thx,
Relig
jcguinez
Neophyte

Re: AMOS Basic clone from AMIGA 500 (1990's)

Post by jcguinez »

Wow, I totally forgot to reply here (new pseudo because of missing e-mail address), I was "jhice" the author of this post.

> Sounds interesting. Can u add more screens ?

I think not :)

> AMOS...brings back memories.

AMOS is back on PC under the name of AOZ Studio (same author François Lionnet, same features !)

More info here : https://www.aoz.studio/

> Could you tell me what this program is called and maybe where I can find it?

Sorry I can't remember, but it was a common software of that kinf=d. The difficulty was to get the right color palette, often the palette was "translated" not to say "totally messed up" :D

Thanksfully there are actually lots of graphics that have been dumped over the Internet since all that time.