Latest update (YADC)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Strangely
Novice

Latest update (YADC)

Post by Strangely »

I just updated my Dev Diary with the latest progress on my clone.

http://www.redmooninc.com/dungeon/

Progress is slow but steady.

<Edit>
Added another screen shot of some new meshes. Until I can afford the $4,000 for 3D Studio, the meshes will have to remain simple.
Last edited by Strangely on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Excellent Strangely.

Looking at your work makes want to learn programming more and more....just need the motivation(I have the time now).
Strangely
Novice

Post by Strangely »

Jardice wrote:Excellent Strangely.

Looking at your work makes want to learn programming more and more....just need the motivation(I have the time now).
I find nothing more motivating than seeing the results of my work on the screen. It makes the long hours of pulling my own hair out worth it. :D
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Heheh hope that was alot, wouldn't want you to go bald.

With the mesh part I say, unless you truly want to make some detailed meshes, just keep it simple. Besides it being comp. friendly and easy to use, it's not worth paying $4,000 just for a hobby.
Strangely
Novice

Post by Strangely »

Jardice wrote: With the mesh part I say, unless you truly want to make some detailed meshes, just keep it simple. Besides it being comp. friendly and easy to use, it's not worth paying $4,000 just for a hobby.
This is no hobby. The rest of my life is just the stuff I have to do so I can afford to do this. I've wanted to write a Dungeon Master game since I was 17. It's taken this long (16 years) to get everything in my life set up so I can take 6 months or so off between jobs so I can now do so.
:P
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

That good..Hope I can do that when I get a better job. that;ll be nice to get 6 months or so off between jobs.

You said it wasn't a hobby..does that mean that you make stuff like this for a living as well?
Strangely
Novice

Post by Strangely »

I don't do this for a living, unfortunately. Having to do things for a living is what keeps getting in the way! If I could photosynthesize I'd save a bit more money...
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Yeah that would be nice. :laugh:

Oh well..You need money to surivie in this world now...can't put that off.