Remember Dungeon master legacy ? Still alive and kick'n

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Dadoo
Novice

Remember Dungeon master legacy ? Still alive and kick'n

Post by Dadoo »

Hello !
For the third time, I rewrote dungeon master legacy from scratch.
The game is allways browser based, flash free and crossbrowser with mouse and key support on mozilla, firefox, Ie and opera under windows, linux and macos.
You can have a early alpha online at http://www.dungeon-master.info
The main engine is working well, there are just some walls, objects and doors, I just miss monsters but it will be quite easy to do.
The loading is really improved with a custom trick to avoid non loaded graphics to display an empty image frame.
I need some feedback before to continue, because I must take a way and may be discard options...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Thanks for your mail too, I've updated the Quicklinks at the top of the page with the new link.

The new engine looks promising, I'm amazed you can do all that with javascript!

I realise it's unfinished, however, my main comment would be that the walls are unconvincing -- they don't match the floor graphics and there is no sense of movement (because there's no alternate image for the opposite side). Will you be improving this?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I like the interface, it was very intuitive and user friendly
I only had brief goes with the previous versions, but didn't find it as easy to use...very promising!
Dadoo
Novice

Post by Dadoo »

Thanx a lot both of you.
I'll change the graphics for walls as soon as I'll find something better, web based means some limitations, but I'll try to have something 3d more realist !
Keep visiting from time to time... After the engine, the next big stuff will be to write a story for the game. I do not have all the talent so I will ask Dominique Brotot, a profesional fantasy novel writter...
Dadoo
Novice

Post by Dadoo »

Updated new walls.
I surely could improve the moving sensation but this will involve more graphics.

Actually the whole maze is drawn with only 9 graphic tiles (instead of many more with other 2d clones). I plan to have 6 more walls tiles to do the sense of movement stuff, does it deserves the work? The loading could be larger.

Tell me after seeing the new walls and I'll try to follow the main advides.

DD