Working 3-D Versions yet?

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Working 3-D Versions yet?

Post by THE Materializer »

I've been surfing the web for new 3D DM clones, and everything is either incomplete, put on hold, or dead links. Everyone seems really excited about making these and playing these, but I guess its too difficult to complete. Does anyone know of just one 3D clone playable with monsters and everything working?

I know its probably a huge job making one of those, I'm still hoping to find one.
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-
Selur
Apprentice

Post by Selur »

I agree.
I think people should start with small 2d projects and then try full 3d.
But I didn't found any 2d clones :/
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Post by THE Materializer »

Well the 2d clones are actually easy to find, they're right on http://dmweb.free.fr, just check out the "Clones" section. Also listed there are a bunch of the unfinished 3d Clones I was talkin about.
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-

Post by Guest »

any new ones?
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Dungeon Maker is always look for help, If there was more people willing to help it project would move alot faster :p

www.dungeon-maker.com
Duckman
Adept

Re: Working 3-D Versions yet?

Post by Duckman »

Well if someone makes new links...
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What do you mean? Dungeon Maker is no more, the website vanished ages ago. The last post here was 4 years ago.

Please stop resurrecting old dead threads, unless you have something constructive to add.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Maybe Duckman was not asking about Dungeon Maker, but about 3D clones in general? I don't know, just a thought...
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The point remains: resurrecting old threads isn't helpful if you don't add anything constructive. It would have made more sense to actually post a link to something new.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not if it's a question, why start a new thread and push this one down when the materialiser points to the best source of clone links? Necroing threads is always iffy, especilly if you are asking something answered before
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

What I mean is this: It's pointless to raise a dead thread to ask a question that clearly no-one has an answer to. If this was an interesting topic, it would have received more attention in the last four years!

It would be more constructive to have found something new first, then resurrect the thread with the link to the new finding.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

the good thing is, you get to see some of the older avatars. Sadly these people have not posted for quite some time now.

maybe they have better things to do , I hope.

so, may I add that it is not easy to make it right everytime. Same goes for the thread here. Initially I was interested, in the topic of the thread then got slightly disappointed. anyway I would support Beo´s standpoint. I see however where you are coming from Gambit.
"It would be more constructive to have found something new first, then resurrect the thread with the link to the new finding."
it is the chaos of the forum you want to battle here, remember it is invincible and strikes in the most cunning (or heedless) ways! The labyrinth of postings is stygian! (maybe this makes no sense at all)
nevertheless this whole conversation(the new one) led to a new and interesting intermission I daresay. I shut up now.;)
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

I agree i am bit careless, but wasn't this theard about 3d dungeons, not resurrecting theards? Besides, if 4 years ago (which is fairly long time in terms of computer gaming) poaple have been wondering why there are still no 3d dungeons, I think it is now really some reason for the interested to talk about this.

Has the thing changed after 4 years (if anybody knows)? Is some new3d dungeon editor nearing completion?

Actually, are there any MAKERS of of those editors here in these forums?
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think entombed is the furthest progressed 3D dungeon programme, http://www.entombed.co.uk. The discussion thread was ressurected recently, but the alpha demo link thread is sticked at the top of this forum aswell. If you like what you see, perhaps private contact through whatever links have been given might inspire him to carry on, assuming real life isn't the issue!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Duckman, you're right this is off topic, but it made sense to raise the issue in the topic itself as this is a prime example --- and now, ironically, current!