Script language (DMul)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Script language (DMul)

Post by Wismerhill »

Hi,

Currently working on DMul (Dungeon Master Multiplayer), I'm thinking about implementing a script language to create simple movies, like the ones you typically see at the beginning of DMJava.

For the time being, I recognized some basic commands that allow to recreate the DMJava introduction movies: show an image, show some text, scroll an image, fade to black, fade to an image. Commands can block (wait until completion before going on), or not (i.e scroll an image and write a text at the same time). I'm currently implementing them as they are quite simple.

Maybe some of you have ideas on the matter ? I'm already thinking about sound oriented commands, i.e. playSound, playLoopSound, and music oriented commands, i.e. playMusic, stopMusic.

It should stay relatively simple as it should be useable by computer shy people. Or not. I don't know.

It could also be used by triggers during the game: game over sequence or an NPC encounter.
Wismerhill.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

This sounds cool, are you adding to DMJava or writing in something else?

A
Regards,

Andy
Wismerhill
Apprentice

Post by Wismerhill »

Hi,

This is a rewritting of DMJava to allow multiplayer and other stuff. I'll have a hard time keeping the save files compatible.
Wismerhill.