Swords of Xeen

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Swords of Xeen

Post by Zed5Duke »

I never heard about this game to this day, and now i known why- because its not official game, its MOD!

(from wikipedia)
Swords of Xeen is a fan-made game, released in 1995[1], using the Might and Magic V engine and graphics. It was released together with the other two Xeen titles on a compilation CD entitled Might and Magic Trilogy. It was also included with the collector's edition of Might and Magic 6.

The gameplay is similar to that of Might and Magic IV and V, but it uses some quirks of the engine, such as 'morphing' monsters (by using the regular animation of one monster and the attack animation of another). The game is significantly shorter than M&M IV or V - even though the world maps are all of the same size, Swords of Xeen has far fewer towns, castles and dungeons, and lacks the extensive Skyworld from M&M V. The game also contains a bug in the scripting, which allows the player to bypass many encounters by walking sideways

It can be download here: http://download.staregry.pl/get_file.cgi?i=2147

Many times i wonder about made my own game based on "world of xeen" engine and now i see its possible! Wow, but how it was made? Tell me if anyone known tools for modify such game.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Well. I have my hand on the pulse with the possible Xeen creation kit.

I have to shoot down your hopes though. There's NOTHING at the moment that will allow it happening. The old tools are nonexistant and the data is cleverly hidden.

I'm sorry to say that making a Xeen game ATM is impossible. I once tried making a Xeen-like clone, but I failed miserably since I couldn't get the mechanics right.

I advise you to check

http://wiki.worldofxeen.net/

for further updates on cracking the Xeen files and POSSIBLY developing working editors.