Dark Crypt

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ocho
Neophyte

Dark Crypt

Post by Ocho »

Hello friends,

I live in germany and I'm not so good in english :oops:. Please forgive me.
But I like Dungeon Master an Co, especially Black Crypt and Eye of Beholder.

In a big project we have build our own dungeon game. This game is in german only. We want to translate this game in english, but before we do it, we want to know, how great is the interest in this work.

Our game is calling 'Dark Crypt'. Here you can create characters. Each character you can take in any adventure. And so you can visit more and more adventures with the same character until it is a great hero.

It would be very nice, when you can take a look on the screenshots or ask questions. There are a manual, but only in german (:-(
Same pieces of the game are translate already. Perhaps you can look and tell us your thoughts.

Best regards

Ocho
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hello Ocho and welcome to the forums :)

I'd love to look at your game, but you didn't provide a link...?
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

Greetings,

Do you have a link where we can look at the game? I expect there will be great interest!

Thanks!
Ocho
Neophyte

How silly I'm

Post by Ocho »

Oh... I have to hide myself for this error :oops:

But now I will correct this...

here the link:

Screenshots: http://www.word-of-allakon.de/Dark-Crypt/screenshots

Downloads : http://www.word-of-allakon.de/Dark-Crypt/down_2.php

To play an adventure, you have to download the basismodul first. Then you need the Update 1.2.1.2, because the adventures don't work with the basismodul. The update include the charactereditor too.
(The game includes a lot of grafics, which have to load in during the game. For this reason we have an installer. But this installer put the files for this game in the directory c:\ALLAKON ONLY! There are no one registry or things like this.)

You can switch to english, but not all words will be translated. If someone find a wrong translastion, please tell us please.

Thanks for your interesting :-)

We have a forum for questions. The most texts are in germany, but you can write all you want in english. We will answer all questions.

Best regards Ocho
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

The screenshots are impressive.
The size is impressive: 108 megabyte.

I installed it on D:\DC\ALLAKON but could
not get it to work at all, even after editing
the config.txt (The installer should have
done that for me, should it not?).

I moved it to C:\ALLAKON and it started
up but it said "There is no one adventure
to load".
Ocho
Neophyte

Adventures

Post by Ocho »

Yes, of course. It's right.

You have to put the game on c:\. Today it isn't possible to put the game in D:\ or E:\ or another. I think later it will be possible.

The game is great, it's right. It's because the big bitmaps. There are some reasons, we have to use some bitmaps. Sorry...

The game is running. It's good. But there are no adventures. We have four adventures at time. Later we will work out more adventures. Each adventure is a package on our HP.
There are:

Saisones Comeback
Melberts Labyrinth
Dark catacombs
Goblincave

http://www.word-of-allakon.de/Dark-Crypt/down_2.php

Goblincave is a very small adventure to look and learn all the gamefunctions. Each adventure you can upload on our side. the installer will be put all needed files in the right directory. You haven't to do anything, only tsrat the exe. So you can decide which adventure you want to play.
After it, you see the adventure-name in the list, where you haven't any adventure see before.

You can decide your own keymaps in the menu. So you can look, what the characters can do.

Each class and rass have special functions. One can break doors, see in the dark, use magic and so on. You can see the special functions in the charactereditor. How to use it, you see during the game in the small menu on the right side.

To learn spells you find some pages which you have to identify. When you have it, you put it in the right spellbook with a click. Then you can open spellbook an select with the right mouse butten the spell.

Best regards

Ocho
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

It looks great to me. I would love to play this game :)
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Post by Pirate Neilsouth »

Just to let u know that it was also posted here by me http://www.rage3d.com/BOARD/showthread.php?t=33929054 , to spread the word for your game!

I did enjoy the quick play through but i really hope u do a full english translation and make more adventures :)
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Post by Pirate Neilsouth »

:?
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

this game looks cool!!!
I keep my knees on you guys!!!
:D
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Roquen
Artisan

Post by Roquen »

I downloaded, applied patch. When I run I get a segmentation fault:

Code: Select all

00240EE1  sbb         esi,9 
00240EE4  xor         esi,dword ptr [esp+28h] 
00240EE8  imul        esi,esi,0 
00240EEB  push        dword ptr fs:[esi] 
00240EEE  mov         dword ptr fs:[esi],esp 
00240EF1  add         dword ptr [esi],edx    ; <--- esi is 0
Beastman666
Journeyman

Re: Dark Crypt

Post by Beastman666 »

Anyone got the new 3.0.0 Version running on Win7 ? It seems to have similar problems like some other games here but the others have resolved the problems (immediate crash after start). Perahaps you hav some tips for the programmers there?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

This thread is almost two years old. According to the profile page, Ocho hasn't even visited the site since then. You might be out of luck getting any answers.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

you could try the german speaking forum. There is a small english thread at the bottom of the page. *shrug