Help me name my game ! :-) ( + nice screenshots)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

What are the best names for this Dungeon Crawler ?

Dungeon Breaker
No votes
Dungeon & Sortileges
17%
Dungeon & Sorcery
17%
The Fall of The Dungeon Guardians
33%
Dungeon of The Lost Guardians
17%
<I'm not sure>
17%
<I have a super idea and I'm going to post it down>
No votes

Total votes: 6

manutoo
Novice

Help me name my game ! :-) ( + nice screenshots)

Post by manutoo »

Hello,

I'm just wondering what kind of name rings the best to your ears..?

Here some screenshots to get the mood of the game, click on them to see big size version : (it's still not final, only work in progress)

Here a bit of background about the story :
Basically : you're a new guard or staff recruit in a dungeon prison ; the 1st night you're there some bad & mysterious stuff happens, and when you woke up all the prisoners escaped. The warden is scared & hurry to runaway so he appoints you to get back the escaped prisoners and let you pick 3 other prison personals to help you for that while he's leaving through the dungeon lift with the remaining staff.
So you'll have to get the prisoners back & discover why they could have escaped in the 1st place.
In that story, "Dungeon Guardians" can both refer to your party or to the escaped prisoners who will now be guarding the dungeon (they'll be boss to kill, their mind having been corrupted by an ancestor "Dungeon Guardian").

Thanks in advance for your feedback ! ;)

Note: the Alpha version of my game can be found here (with older, basic art) => http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 71&t=29794 ; but I opened this new topic as it was cleaner to do the poll, I hope it's ok with the Forum Mods :)
Last edited by manutoo on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Help me name my game ! :-)

Post by Gambit37 »

The name depends on a lot of factors, especially your story. For example, without knowing more about the story, it's impossible to know if "The Fall of The Dungeon Guardians" is an appropriate title or not.

Perhaps if you could give a bit more story background, it would help people to decide on the name? Having said that, shorter names tend to have more impact and are more memorable.

Also, while I love the new screenshots, I think they do look a bit too much like Grimrock's style. You might need to modify your texture sets/lighting to avoid any confusion or possible issues with copyright.
manutoo
Novice

Re: Help me name my game ! :-)

Post by manutoo »

Gambit37,
you're right, I just updated the 1st post to add some details about the story !

About LOG, the monsters & user interface will be very different, so hopefully, confusion won't be possible.
Also, when taking separately, the environment textures & models themselves look different enough from LOG. But it's true that when they're all together, it doesn't feel that much different anymore. It's probably because I asked the artist to do an old dungeon with moss, so it's normal it kinda looks globally same when our eyes aren't checking all the little different details...