dungeon generator utility

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
xarax
Neophyte

dungeon generator utility

Post by xarax »

For those of you that need a little inspiration for your dungeon designs, I found a nice little utility Jamis Buck's Dungeon Generator. You can use it online, or download the windows version for offline usage. There is also source code available (C and C++) for you tinkerers out there. The generator also makes a text file with suggested room contents.

A small caveat: The generated dungeon is not directly usable in DMJava, because the rooms have "thin walls", rather than the "thick walls" required by DMJava. Just adapt the generated dungeon by moving the doors to be between two solid walls, or add solid walls on either side of a door.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Dungeon generator

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Great link!

thx ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I had, oooh, minutes of fun with that! Reminded me of building Doom levels in DEU... was anyone ever into that? In fact, that reminds me of an automatic DOOM level generator I once used... can't remember what it's called, but was quite interesting...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Doom

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yeah, played a lot of Doom. Still do sometimes, actually ;) That automatic generator still around somewhere by any chance ??