Tower of Darkness / Dread

Custom dungeons for DSB
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
terkio
Mon Master

Tower of Darkness / Dread

Post by terkio »

A game from lenochware. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7sKGl ... view?pli=1

(alt link here -b.)

I had a go at Tower Of Dread. Using DSB 0.61 ( it was developped using DSB 0.60 ).
I found minor issues. A stair up that has no side right wall, the rendering looks wrong. You don' t see creatures that can attack you while going up and you cannot fight back.
A similar issue with a door and its door frame with no wall on a side, this seems intentional, the door works but the rendering is odd. When you are in the door, you do see a wall and the door frame on one side, on the other side you don' t see the door frame. There is more wrong at this door because of the missing wall.
Another stair up with no side wall on either side is extremely confusing, odd things happen when going up and down or sideways.

Well, stairs and doors do need walls on both sides.

Game over
Spoiler
Job done, Syra is free
Thanks lenochwareE for the game.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
the master
On Master

Re: Tower of Dread

Post by the master »

Is anyone playing this game. Stuck on a couple of things. Firstly is there any water anywhere. Second has anyone found the flower key. Third have reached Tower of Dread but need another Ra Key to go further.
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

I started this dungeon yesterday. Besides annoying invisible monsters (or just a bug?) it is quite entertaining. I am not finished with the dungeon yet.

As for the water: relatively near to the beginning, there is a hint on a scroll.
Spoiler
I didn't find any fountains, but there were (very) few puddles on the floor
Flower key: this one is hidden in a hole...just look around. To be more specific:
Spoiler
In the room where you have to push many buttons that remove walls there is a hole containing the key

I'm just behind the flower door, so no advice from my side on third question available yet..

Carry on dungeoning
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

Ok, I'm through.

the master, second Ra key is some way behind flower door

Thanks to the creators for the game!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Can you give me a clue to the second Ra Key. Been searching everywhere for it.
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

Alright..where are you stuck? I suppose you opened the flower door and searched the garden. Have you opened all the doors ("give me gold" or similar?) Did you find a square key yet? Or even a flask of water?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Yes I am through the flower key and have got right through to where there are three puddles which I am using to drink. There are what looks like 3 grated gates to get through but cant see any way of getting through them unless you have to bash your way through which I have tried. There is also another gate which I cant get through. One gate has a pit underneath it which I have been down and then got up again by going through the haze.
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

On your way to the puddles there is a lock for a square key. This key one is behind the three doors. I don't remember how I opened them, though - sorry. It could be they are operated by triggers on the floor. I don't remember any "special" action..