[Custom dungeon] Sukumvit's Labyrinth II [RTC] [Linflas]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Fighting munchers ?
If you are where I think you are, fighting munchers is hopeless.

There is a dragon armor piece nearby (deeper), though.
What Is Your Quest ?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

the 3 pieces are a bit hard to find... even for me when i playtest ! i always forget where i put them in the dungeon and i have to cheat with the editor to remember their location... :oops:

ahh... i must change the title of this post.. too much spoilers there.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Munchers were no problem, and stopped...dragons were easy, have darc and lyte armours, i never use them. The vorax axe is slow but powerful.
The knights were a piece of cake. Those damn one flying eyeclopsis have to be the worst, they just plain hurt you. Navigation is the toughest thing in Sukumvits Labyrinth, I wonder if it was a minator who made this labyrinth. I need to find a ruby keyhole and a saphire keyhole. There is a chest I can't get at and some golden armour, heading back there now to try to solve it, if I can find my way.
keep your gor coin handy
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

linflas wrote:ahh... i must change the title of this post.. too much spoilers there.
Maybe the discussion should be split in two :
- Download Sukumvit
- Discuss Sukumvit [Spoilers]
What Is Your Quest ?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yeah, good idea, i don't think i have spoiled too much yet
keep your gor coin handy
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

you... killed the munchers.. by hand ?! :shock:
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Linflas, I think you'll have to release Sukumvit IIc with a tweaked muncher room :)
(maybe something to restart generation when there's no muncher around)
What Is Your Quest ?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

hmmm...
honestly, i don't plan to release any new version unless someone discovers a really big bug but you're right, i could add a door so that he cannot reach the last green dragon without solving the chest puzzle.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Yeah, you're right !

I would rather have a go on Forest of Doom rather than a small bugfix in Sukumvit !
What Is Your Quest ?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I didn't know that was a bug. I just pushed the munchers back with poison. It seems munchers don't attack when in a poison cload, because they die to fast. I thought I was to do that, but strangely, I found a ring and after that it all stopped. I did wonder why I didn't get a chance to use the fireball trip plate to kill them, or I think that is what is there.
Forest of Doom is sounding like real fun guys :D
keep your gor coin handy
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

yeah, the "shoot them up" plate was the first puzzle idea i had when designing Sukumvit, i'm very disappointed you didn't have to use it : this is really a fun moment !
if you haven't seen Forest of Doom yet, check the alpha release !
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

alright, I will check it out linflas. if it's as good as sukumvit, it's going to be a great dungeon! I hope you keep the user friendly kind of dungeon at the start. I think that is very important to keep the player interested for non DM players.
keep your gor coin handy
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

First off, is there another Sukumvit hints/tip thread, for Sukumvit Version 1? I couldnt find it searching for 'Sukumvit'.

I'm stuck in a room with what used to be rats. I have two pits either side of a kobold, who I dispatched, and stepping on that square released lots of rats. I think I've started down the Emerald path. I just can't get out.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Funnily enough, I started Sukumvit yesterday evening, though I went with version 2b.

I'm not sure ian, but I remember a switch in a crack on the wall near the place you described. I didn't see it for a long time because of light problems. Maybe that's the solution for your problem.

I am stuck, too, on the Sapphire way. I have reached the "fourth row" and am now in a room with lots of Black Flames and teleporters. I can see two green switches which I cannot reach. One is behind a "wall" of teleporters, the other one is behind a pit. If I enter the pit, I get teleported back right in front of the pit. I can exit the room to the place where the EOB skeleton with the Onyx Key once was, but I don't know what I should do there. Any help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found a pit I hadn't entered yet that brought me to one of the green switches.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Old threads are in the general archive if you haven't already checked there. I don't recall much spoiler discussion though
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

And another one: I'm stuck below the muncher room, at the alcoves that require head, body, legs and feet. I tried the Tempest, since it seemd to fit the scroll, but no luck, and the armor of the Deth Knights also doesn't help...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

@ian : sukumvit 2 dungeon is almost the same as sukumvit 1. the biggest difference is dm2 wallsets/objects addition and the music/ ambient sounds and most important, the 1st version is unfinishable because of a big bug !
so, i strongly suggest you to forget the 1st version and restart from scratch in v2.
for where you are at the moment :
Spoiler
do not leave any monster on the plate and walk a little in the room...
@trantor :
Spoiler
there's a scroll near the 3 alcoves which reveals the nature of the creature
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I was looking for a solution in an old thread as I knew that the problems in the dungeon for this newest version that I'm playing would be the same.

OK, thanks. I'll have another look. I've walked around the room a few times now and haven't seen anything. Will look for cracks. The wallset is horrendous because it's full of button looking stones and cracks :wink: I do like it all though, linflas.

It would appear that Trant and I are psychicacally linked, if only I could spell it.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Ok, I figured out the puzzle in question (how stupid can I be when it is SO obvious?), but I only have two of the needed items, the legs and the feet. I suppose the remaining head and body can be anywhere, and are probably well-hidden... Do I need to get them to proceed?

I do have the Firestaff now, but am sadly lacking a diamond. Help please? :wink:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ahah ! great work :)
Spoiler
if you say that you need a diamond, that means you reached almost the end.
you don't need the armour anymore,
Spoiler
unless you want to fight the master of sapphire where there's a little speed puzzle there :)
for the diamond, there are 2 possibilities to reach it :
Spoiler
check the area where you found the first ra key or a champion mirror at the early beginning, which means that you need a skeleton key for it
i would be very happy if you wrote a little review when you have finished ;)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Version 2c released !
Get it here.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Kid_A pm'd me about a bug with the spell book, it seems that when moving it from a tile to another, i forgot to put the power runes into it by default. This mean that you cannot cast any spell...
Please do not play with the 2c version and wait for the 2d version i'll release this evening (GMT+1).
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Version 2d released ! Sorry for the stupid bug :?
Get it here.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

linflas wrote:Version 2d released ! Sorry for the stupid bug :?
Get it here.
Ahhh
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

linflas

Hey :):) , have been so busy, life has so many surprises, and the last month was crazy! I hope to see you in chat soon.
keep your gor coin handy
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

YES!!!! I just finished Sukumvit's labyrinth!! A very epic dungeon it is too. I almost cried when I reached what I thought was the end and I was told I needed a diamond, then thought I needed the Excalibur for the diamond puzzle but couldn't remember where it was, but it all sorted itself out in the end.

This is definitely one of the most satisfying dungeons I have played, I have a great sense of accomplishment from completing it and learning how to navigate around it. I started playing it yesterday and played two long 5 hour-ish sessions on it and finished with a game time of 7 hours something, with Lippo by himself. Loads of great puzzles and monsters, although the regenerating monsters can get annoying, especially the slime waves which are strong and slowly permeate throughout a lot of the dungeon.

I don't think I left any puzzles unsolved, which is a first for me in a custom dungeon, probably because most puzzles are essential. The only question I have is what is the cross key for? I found one early on but never found a lock. Except for the cross key and cross lock area where there is an equal amount of keys and locks so I still had my original key at the end. Oh yeah, you can also get the helm down the stair right at the beginning sneakily.

So, do you have an ETA on the Forest of Doom? :D

Edit: Also forgot to ask: Are all the spell runes in the dungeon? There are some I never found, but didn't need either. First time a played a game with the spellbook, put me off at first but I came to really enjoy finding the runes, especially FUL!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

thanks for your review anty ;)
Antman wrote:The only question I have is what is the cross key for? I found one early on but never found a lock. Except for the cross key and cross lock area where there is an equal amount of keys and locks so I still had my original key at the end.
that's an extra key : these cross keys are used to open one by one the 4 doors where the guards are instead of opening all of them at the same time when you pick up the ra key.
Antman wrote:So, do you have an ETA on the Forest of Doom? :D
ETA ??! what is that ?
Antman wrote:Are all the spell runes in the dungeon? There are some I never found, but didn't need either.
No, i only put scrolls for the needed ones.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

It's a brand of chips, but it also means 'Estimated Time of Arrival'.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

err.. tough question : maybe 2009 :roll:
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Linflas, I'm going to check v2d, it better rocks!

:wink:
What Is Your Quest ?