[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ElTango75
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by ElTango75 »

Thank you for reloading, take time....

My learning is - saving saving saving, and restoring the game after securly solved a puzzle...because now my problem was the green pad under the golem pit, but i tried with a second screamer in cage, it took nearly 20min, till the second screamer was in the enlarger machine. And what was at the end, nothing the screamer only opens the room to the Techeye and a second way to the treasure room D.

It´s a little bit frustating at the moment....i found the Treasure Room, I got the key, i opened the RA-door, but no next Piece for the tower. I read in the forum several post, with a hint like: You have the solve the door.puzzle near the enlarger machine....but what door puzzle ? I see no door puzzle....

1. There is a switch at the quick reopening pits, but he only opens and closes the pits, though i decided to run, and came to the Great Hall, without the piece, went back to the Guild of Mage, but don´t found any door for the ruby-key. I think he is needed later.

2. In the thief guild, its horrible for me, because, every time I fall down, I´m in the prison from the human prisoner and have to reload the game, because, all doors are closed.......no key hole nothing.......or is there a trick ? The poison darts was to difficult to me, because i hate the hit and run strategy......so i decided to fill 4 flasks of vi position. Every time i was hit from a dart, i trunk a potion, till the darts end.....also a solution :-)
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

3. I forgot.....when opens the special yellow door (it lookes likes vertically yellow lines) ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You need the ruby key to get the piece for the tower.
It is...
Spoiler
behind a door in the room with the screamer enlarger. The door is right next to the enlarger. I mentioned it in my last post. Cast a fireball into the teleporter, and it will change direction. Work out which direction will hit the door and the fireball will destroy it.
Then throw an object the same way so that it lands on the pad. This will close the pit. The ruby key is here.
The door to the tower piece is on the lower level in the area with lots of alcoves and scrolls.
I don’t know of any trick for the poison darts. I don’t know how you did that with vi potions. I think the darts are supposed to kill you instantly.

Extra tip: In the thieves guild, don’t do the “fun game” for the treasure room. You can only play it once (unless you reload), and the treasure is lost if you fail.
It’s very hard with just Alexei, but very easy if you have another character.

I don’t know what you mean about the vertical lines. Where is this?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi

Sorry, my failure to explain, that i have solved all the puzzles, also the ruby key, the bonsai cage, the only one screamer area, and the golem area, also the teleporter. Sorry.

My question belongs to this yellow door or is it a curtain....because i found the key hole in the area of the scrolls and alcoves, i can see it through this special curtain/door, but no fireball, no ZO, no Ice Bolt, it only gets a noice when i throw something, and you can see a blue electricity cloud for 1second. Nothing more....

My trick, when a poison darts hits.....i have more than 380 health points.....then I drink directly a potion, i have one in the left hand, one in the right hand, and one on the mouse, i don´t look to the lamps i see the inventar of Alexei.....and then directly drink the potion, Health point grow directly and you have time for the next dart :-) crazy......

Thanks for the tipp, sorry that i have so many questions, but on the one hand i´m goad to play the game till end, but on the other side, i don´t have that time every day, and it´s frustating, when you play 2 hours without any success. But Saumun you help best ! Thanks !!!
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Yeah, thinking about, and thinking and thinking......yeah i found it, it was the Dispell Magic !!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY .....third Claw found, now lets rock the guild of thieves !!!!!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Well done... you’re already close to the end of the thieves guild.

One more piece of advice... when you enter the tower, you’ll be trapped until you find another way out. There is food in there, but best to take some with you in case you get stuck.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

DONE - All guild finished - I am really happy !!!!

Before i enter the tower, a few things who are open for me:
1. Under Alexeis start room there is a door with a skeleton (i think to the tower) Inside a alcove lies the Mace of Albion. Wenn I put the mace, i see a cross X behind / inside the alcove. That cross i have also seen in Bramuds Cave in an alcove. What is that sign for ?

2. I saw in the "Well of fortune" the well and inside you need the moon key....waiting for, i think it lies in the tower

3. Alexeis bones - I was in the sewer and opened the door climbed up and where behind the tower....I am not Alexei ? What is with me ? Do I need Alexeis bones ? Because I also needed Axel´s one and so on....

4. At the beginning of the thieves guild there is a metal door......with a stone bolder behind....do you know where it is, and how to open that door ?

5. I found out the JAR combination - I had three vases of each and tried every combination.....10min, but solved !!!!

6. For what do i need the hole keys....Key of B, Solid keys, and so on from Bramuds Cave, they only take place in my bags..... :-(
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

1. They are for the pumpkin game... but I didn’t do it, so I don’t know how it’s played. You don’t need to do it to complete the game. It is just an extra quest. You’ll find the pumpkin later.
Spoiler
2. The moon key is at the very end of the game.
Spoiler
3. You don’t need to do anything with Alexei’s bones. They’re just part of the story.
Take Azel’s bones to the alcove under the graveyard near treasure room ‘a’. There is a scroll there that asks you to bring them.
Spoiler
4. I’m not sure which you mean, but there is one in the thieves guild that can only be opened by a guild master. They’re all in the tower. Come back later.
6. You can throw all those keys away. You don’t need them again.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Thanks, so to the next challenge....tomorrow......the tower.....one look there, it seems crazy, many doors, no idea where to start, but....i was in the cellar....and the ghost killed me.....and i need to find a compass....i remember i had one found in a other save game, but where....because it is a door southwest......
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hmm, yes. I can’t remember where the compass is found. It would definitely be better if you had one.
The cellar should be your priority, because it leads to the sewers... and the sewers gives you a way out if you need it.
It’s quite tough though. The ghost is nasty.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Two hours playing.....in the cellar i found a compass, but I also don´t remember where i also found one inside the forrest and the guilds.

The Ghost Cellar is bad....I found the bad faces, read something about the red ghost and the wine, have 4 characters.....taff, but not fit, damaged all barels, found food, killed all the spiders and the rats saw the ladder, the "Trapped" sign, the "Phantom door" sign, the "teleporter" sign, the "Grate 1", Grate 4, and also saw the pentragram on the floor.....

but after 2 hours i don´t found out...

1. How to get through the phantom door ?
2. How to kill the nasty ghost ?
3. How to use the ladder ?
4. What kind of keys where used in the....i think 4.... key holes.... ?
5. I fully stuck in the cellar.......
6. What about the bad faces on the walls, i know them from DM, but don´t needed there....
7. The wax museum is cool.....but at the moment i only killed the blue/green little thief, and the knight, came to me.....i run, and flew :-)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
You can’t kill the ghost yet. The main thing you need to do is get the phantom key.
It will only appear after the ghost appears.
When you trigger the ghost, keep away from it and try to check the gor faces (bad faces). I think the key moves to different ones.
I find the best way is to wait at the face that is furthest north (close to the phantom door and the pentagram on the floor). Keep avoiding the ghost until the key appears near the face.
When you get it, go through the phantom door.

In the room through the phantom door, there is a map of the cellar on the wall, levers to open the grates and lower the ladders to the sewers, and barrels.
One of the barrels contains red ghost wine. If you fill a flask with it and put it in the alcove at the start of the cellar, you’ll no longer be trapped.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Done, a great idea with the ghost cellar map :-)

I found a secret....using in the guild of thieves the solid key from the Prison (yes, use invisibility) then you have the Chance to open the tresure room with a key. There is a hidden wall with a key hole near the fun game sign upstairs....

Now, I am no longer trapped, killing the ghost with the vorpal blade is now my mision :-)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Good going.

The sewers is...
Spoiler
quite a long level, because it incorporates some of the caves... but it means you can get out of the tower if you need to.
Now you can kill that wretched ghost :D
Be sure to break the boxes in the central room of the cellar. There is something there you’ll need.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Mission Control......need help

1. I used Grate 2 for the Vorpal Blade and came back to the Cellar and killed the ghost
2. I get the BRO rune and the EW rune - great !
3. I got a GOR Coin in the sewer - great
4. I stucked a long time at the switched doors, nearly 20min.....
5. I killed the green frogs by firing all my fire balls, great adventure using Grate 3
6. I found the rune band for the neck and the gear....
7. I was in the area where some water falls and a machine is.....in the mines....
8. What a crazy idea with the map....

1. problem: I am hungry, and run out of food, that could be my biggest problem, because i don´t found a way out of the sewer till now.
2. problem: What about the riddle "water 4 or so" in the grate 2, 4 "water switches and a machine" and sometimes two iron doors....i am stuck, with no idea
3. problem: Flood control 1 and flood control 4 opened with a ONYX key, i found two
4. Is there something behind the little vulcans in the mine ? I throw the hot stones into the machine and they where away....hope that was not a bug :-(
5. What about the phantom key ? I locked all the doors, what happen ? Is it the stairs to the tower who reopened ? Sometimes I filled up food from the screamers in the little garden, but they where to less to do not run out of food.....
6. Food, food, food, i need to go back to the guild of mage screamer area....to get food !!! but where is the exit from the sewers ?
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

7. I forgot.....how to kill the flames ? DES EW, nothing, Vorbal Blade......nearly 20min....nothing.....what kind of magic is needed written on the scroll ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

1. There are usually rats around the centre of the sewers, outside the room with the kua toa (frogs). Good for food.
Also, the sooner you open the gold key room the better.
Spoiler
Just east of the central room is a blue teleport. Enter it to get a gold key.
Close by is a fake wall. The gold key room is through here. There are screamers inside.
2. You need to drop the water pressure to zero to open the door.
Spoiler
When you first go there, 1 turn of each wheel will do it... but beware the silent teleport. If you’ve already turned some, you might have to mess around a bit to open it.
3. You need four.

4. You did the right thing. You must put the pyros into the furnace to ignite it, but you need more. You’ll get them later.

Spoiler
Clicking all the locks in the cellar with the phantom key opens the treasure room in the cellar. Don’t forget the lock that disappears and comes back.
6. For food, see point 1 or go back to the screamer garden. Too late now, but better to play with 2 or 3 characters. Less mouths to feed.
You can’t get out of the tower until you flood the sewers and ignite the furnace in the caves.

7. You can’t kill the flames with spells or weapons. You’ll eventually find another way to kill them.
I don’t know which scroll you mean, but if it’s one with writing that’s too small to read... you already know the spell.
Spoiler
Des
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Thanks a lot, i decide to use a saved game and try with 2 characters because my second one is also tough enough. I lost to many time in the door riddle and fighting the flames.

1. when i put a character back in the mirror, will all health points and levels he gain lost ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’ve never tried to put anyone back in ToC, so I don’t even know if you can.
If you can, then under normal conditions of the editor they should keep their stats... however, this may not be the case. You can only try it.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Yes, putting back in the mirror keeps the skills after resurect!
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

The sewer is more than frustrating for me.....but hope that i came forward in the next days....
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Well... here is a hint to make it quicker, but you’ll miss a couple of items.
Spoiler
You can complete the sewer without going through the door puzzle. The ladders and grates let you get either side of them.
However, this means you’d miss a gor coin and morningstar.
Spoiler
Also, be sure not to miss the ladder behind the disappearing door in the southwest of the cellar.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Thanks for the hint, but i made all of your hints, I stuck searching for the 4th onyx key

one in the screamer room, behind the secret wall
one from a black monster
one from the kua toa (frogs)

I opened Flood Control 1,2 and 4 but also don´t know where the flood control 3 is......

I solved the puzzle with the water preasure, reduced it to zero so the door opens, but behind flood control 2 there is water on the floor to the electricity and i died :-) so only opened the flood control 2

1. So one key and one flood control is left
2. I saw the blue gem, hoping don´t need it yet, because i let the pickaxe in bermuds cave, but i have a saved file, directly before the tower starts
3. I saw a area where a fuse is needed, but i don´t have one found till now.
4. I think i have to kill the demon, behind the flames, but not sure. And hope the flames will killed from the flood ?
5. On the cellar map there is a ladder 3, but don´t know how to come there, could be that this is the solution....

Finally when i finished ghost cellar and sewer, i will play it again, because of my food problem :-)
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Just in this moment, i found behind the barrel near the treasure room a secret wall with the ladder 3 and the flood control 3, but without a key.

So question 5 solved but without a key......

But i found in the treasure room a wall with a question tag ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
1. The key is somewhere in the room with the electricity. Destroy the generator that you can see when facing into the room.
2. You can go back to extract the gems any time, once you find a way out.

3. You need to ignite the furnace in the caves first, then look for where a new monster emerges.

4. Yes and Yes.

5. You’ve found it now.

Also, I don’t know what the ‘?’ in the treasure room means... I never found out.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Thanks !

I found the map from the sewer at the wall, great ! And i found a treasure room when you use a chest in the mirror,great !
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Once you get that last key and open the last sewer control, you’re almost there.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Strike ! I solved after long time the sewer and came out....

1. Back to the guild of mages --> Screamer food and killing the 7 stone golems --> get a Gor Coin
2. Back to the Guild of warrior --> I found the second from 8 of the great circle riddle - give the horse water
3. Back in tower - i where in the library - and also found the shelf for the door book where in the room but everything stuck, only knights and small man
4. Killed the knight for the clock tower - crazy - i have 3 gears - one is left in the wax museum...but i don´t know what happen in the clock tower - it could be very crazy to remember all the times at what time what happen......but first i have to found the last gear
5. i solved the third great circle riddle - give the pentagram four candles in the ghost cellar
6. and found the fourth one - give the cursed bones in the fountain of the little garden
7. Scroll: Look like a king, what kind of cloth i need ? Is there special cloth
8. Found all 5 alcoves for the pumpkin game, but need the pumpkins :-)
9. Where in the guild of mage is the SAR rune ? I didn´t found it
10. I have a character who is Master Ninja --> But the door don´t open in the guild of thieves - do i need 4 characters or the highest master level called archmaster ?
11. Do i need the sun crest picture from the wax museum for the lord chaos, because he don´t like sun ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

3. You’ll find a
Spoiler
scroll in the wax museum
to help with that room.

7. Not cloth. Something you’ll find further up the tower. When you find it, it will be obvious.

8. It’s in the clock tower.

9. If there is one in the guild, I never found it. There is one further up the tower. You don’t really need it.

10. You need a guild master. You haven’t reached any yet.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Also, it would be worth reading all the books in the library.