[Custom dungeon] Upside Down [RTC] [Adamski]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: [RTC] Project U-D: Upside Down

Post by beowuuf »

Mirrored link is now up there!
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I'm stuck in the 1st training area, with the green imp. I
Spoiler
killed him, get rid of his body, passed the barrel
. When I invert the gravity on this point, it looks like
Spoiler
I'm in another similar corridor (location of the teleport that appears on this point?): the items I left on the floor disappeared
. But it looks like there is nothing new there and that when I
Spoiler
cast the invert gravity spell again, no matter where, I do not actually change the gravity and am just teleported back to the original corridor
. Anyway, I don't know where is the reward and where is the exit...
On the pdf map, it appears that
Spoiler
the teleport should lead to the screamers room, but it doesn't
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I've not solved my problem and went through another passage. I now have a problem with the riddle marked 28 in the guide, it's the one with 3 keyholes, a barrel and a lever in the same corridor. I've found this post about it, and Adamski's answer below: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 90#p122437 . But even after
Spoiler
unlocking the three locks consecutively without failure, and using the lever
, the door doesn't open... I've tried it
Spoiler
in each possible configuration regarding the first position of the lever or the gravity side when I pull on it
. Is there
Spoiler
an order for the unlockings or something to do with the barrel or should I have not pulled on the lever before starting unlocking the locks
?

Note: I'm playing v. 3.3, even if it's marked 3.2 on the game title screen.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Good! I'm out of this mad place. Here are my stats:

Playtime: 4h45
Tarots: 18
Secrets: 16/21
I didn't get the
Spoiler
wheel of fortune chest, don't understand what to do: I've sent the chest behind each door
. Same for the
Spoiler
test of justice
I haven't found the
Spoiler
secret storeroom nor the theatre off-stage

Very nice game for people who like riddles. Nearly each square of the dungeon is a riddle! I still prefer ToC but will replay for sure.

Got 2 game crashes near the end:
Spoiler
When I put some items in front of the ram head (near the zoom area, but the other may have the same problem) and get pushed, the game crashes
And a funny one:
Spoiler
If I jump out of the house instead of climbing out of it, I fall in the sky and the game crashes. Having to start the game back is my punishement for trying to reach the sky?
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Great game and idea, my brain is often "dazed and confused", but I like it!
Somehow I could only download version 2.0, newer like 3.2 or 3.3. were not available.

However, I am stuck at some places or dont know what to do (more):

- Hall of Justice: I decided to do the JUST decision - nothing happened. Only in 2 cases I got a message (once for beeing completely unjust, other to be generous) - but still no card or nothing happens. All other 6 combinations: no effect at all, not even a message?...
- From the hall the numbers riddle: I manage to open the door -> but also here no consequences. When I enter again and choose the number I have written on a scroll, still nothing happens (guide says I should receive a nice weapon)

- High Pristess 1: I solved the puzzle to get the bag, but I cant open the black door - the starting plate is always blue! And without that way I cannot pass to toe chest and then to "fastest screamer"-area...

- PAth of the World / Sea riddle: Whatever I do with the plates - all stay orange and the wooden door nearby is always closed!... One plate makes "click", but when I leave it it "clicks" again... I suppose closing the door again. In the guide there is a hint to NOT stay on the black plate. But on the way to the wooden door there are TWO plates (below and above), so it is impossible (?) to pass without pressing them. It seems. There must be a way... :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I will have to give this a go, it sounds weird and I like weird and unusual
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi luke41,
I need to check the source, don't remember much. The only thing I remeber is Upside-Down is so crazy that can drive the player mad.

Chaos,
I wouldn't recommend it, too strange. It was only an experiment.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Hi Adamski,

As in 50% of such cases - time, patience and thinking helped to solve almost all above problems. Exception are the 2 riddles connected to Hall of Justice: No consequences of any just or unjust decision, and nothing happens after passing the numbers-riddle.
The other riddles were... quite easy - if one does not think too complicated like I did :-)