[Custom dungeon] Upside Down [RTC] [Adamski]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamski
On Master

Re: [RTC] Project U-D

Post by Adamski »

Give me an example please
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Well to me there was many parts which i would fix as creator after test, but its probably that game size, cant test each detail few times so just add everything new stroke to head and leave it. No design style of dungeon making. List of things i would change is too long, but just few little details from begining. It is not just dislike concept, to me its like bug which definitely need to be fixed because game puzzle oriented must be logic.
Spoiler
-to me belt from pants or rope+wood ladder is more logic than thread which can cut off fingers like saw when descent
-this stick look sharp and hard material enough good to press button.. but throw scroll to get dart and then press it? look like too much complicating
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I don't know where darkmoond is , but they sure have a wierd way of speaking english. Do you mean that there are not enough clues? I agree. If it were not for adamskis hints I would not have gotten as far as I have. An examination of the posts should be very helpful to making the clues easier to find and easier to follow. I am stuck in junius's room. Ican't figure out how to
Spoiler
get heavens gate to stay open. I do not know when to pull the gravity lever. I don't know what the blank mirror and scroll mean. I do not know what the picture of the tower , the scroll with the coin map and the scroll with the big circle riddle mean. what order do I solve what. I have placed the apple on the plate but I dont get the clues that fall from the hanged man.
This room is baffling. How is the stair gate opened
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

@glecko:
Spoiler
-leave the fruit where it must stay
-pull the gravity lever when you want to leave this section
-don't mind the mirror and Junius messages, they are only thoughts about the Tower and the 9 Worlds he was creating...
-now you have 3 iron keys: the Devil is waiting you for the battle!
-keep a savegame before next part, there could be a dead end in the Devil path
@zed:
you are speaking about the starting room, it's the 1% of the game
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

This is awesome amount of work and great mechanic, to me very inspiring dungeon, just as creator i have thoughts during play that i would made it different. First thing what strike me was few puzzles which i feel was bit not logic and wonder about that possibility: stop give clues on forum and players will stuck forever. Probably after relase creator should give it to players (not necessary hardcore genius) and when somebody finish it without any help, then game is ok. But its theory, in practice players need few instructions, just when most of them become addicted from solution then its indicator that something can be wrong. Hard to say in fact, because who may judge how difficulty dungeon should be.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

That is my point about a hint oracle that is based on the level of difficulty the player choses. I use hints when I am well and truly stuck. Yes too often. The dungeon is brilliant. With a hint oracle it becomes playable by different levels of players. Just as Playing games like ultima with a walkthrough. These dungeons would then be considered CLASSIC, which they are! This would be easier with a team. A company. A class. a forum.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I am stumped in the barrel room. I have tried every combination. What am I doing wrong??
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I am in the room with the barrels and rams. I have tried all combinations. The choices eventually seem to make an infinitely repeating loop. I think I have tried all combos.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

The hard part is the end of the sequence.
Spoiler
Before pressing the button that activates the teleport (main room), make sure you are in the right gravity: the barrel mustn't be teleported on the trapdoor, otherwise it falls and the sequence starts over again!
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I want to say again that there is an intentional dead-end before the devil room. The dead-end area is shown on the map:

glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I cannot get past the last ram at the stairway. I have tried every spell and every strategy I could think of. I can't turn it off
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

The only strategy is
Spoiler
to go fast
Last edited by Adamski on Mon May 30, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I have tried
Spoiler
stripping to my birthday suit, and every key combo possible from before the ram and from upstairs.
It seems to be impassable.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I'm sure you can, when I tested the game it worked 100% of times. Anyway, if you still have problems send me your savegame.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I got through
Spoiler
the escape mist but I am back at the ram and do not know where I am supposed to go.
I tried the room with the
Spoiler
upside down ice cream cone thing to no avail
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Glecko, I don't understand what your problem is. If you went up to
Spoiler
the outside you are near the ending
. Do you still have troubles with the ram? The solution is the same:
Spoiler
speed
In the corridors at the levels 1 and -1 near the devil room there are puzzles to escape (if you fall accidentally) and some bonus areas.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

my problem is that after I place the
Spoiler
E S C A P E stones, I can either go to the pit which returns me to the room next to the hall with the intentional dead end, or the mist which returns me to the ram.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

What do you mean with 'mist'? The haze? The gas trap?
Check the
Spoiler
wooden board with the writing "WOOZ"
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

from
Spoiler
where you fixed the gravity, can you point out on the map which steps I should take. I may have a problem with crashing . My setup running xp on an intel mac causes some unique problems
Thanks for another killer dungeon. When is the beta on the new dungeon to begin?
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

I am sooo close. I am within one pit of the portrait. Very difficult, but doable.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I'm working on Underworld Dreams and I can say it is going to be a beautiful game. As I'm used to do I started with a little idea... now the game is pretty big, about 1/2 of ToC. There is so much new graphics that the file size is about 70 Mb! In contrast with Upside Down this time I want to aim on the immersivity and the exploration. I need some time again before releasing a beta.
glecko
Craftsman

Post by glecko »

Is underworld dreams near beta? I have been cheating. I have been playin ultima ascension (Ultima IX) Almost finished so I stopped back to see.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi Glecko.
Sorry, I stopped working on it for a while. Graphics and sounds are ready, I created 50% of the levels. Unfortunely I found a bug that makes the game freeze, don't know the reason. After fixed it (I hope) I will upload a beta version, be patient. If I have time I will also post some screens or videos. Thanks for showing interest.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I published a big demo of Underworld Dreams on the "Developers and Designers" forum but haven't received enough suggestions... so I'd like to submit again the link here. Unluckily I won't be able to finish the game for Christmas, anyway I wait for your opinions. Remember, the release date depends on your interest, thank you ;)
Last edited by Adamski on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oho, I missed that! Will try and get some time over the holidays to have a look :-) I also want to spend some time on my own game -- I'm always in conflict between *creation* time vs. *playing* time -- there's never enough spare time to do both. :? :?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thanks Gambit, I have your same problem since Skyrim has been released :lol:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Hi, I got a little go on this demo, but some will-o-the-wisp instant-killed me after a few minutes.
A few notes :
- wonderful sound and music, definitely adds a perfect magic atmosphere to your game
- cut scenes delay is too short, i can read english quite fast but 5 seconds more could be easier for my brain
- visuals are definitely beautiful but finally, there's just too much of them and most important, flooritems/pillars placement is not correct according to DM perspective. Result is bump, bump and bump.
- i hope going further than ToC.. :)
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Sealtiel
Craftsman

Post by Sealtiel »

I know I'm more than a little late to the party as Upside-Down is concerned, but I'm having a fantastic time catching up. As with ToC, this dungeon has an addictive air about that makes it very difficult to walk away from; even at 4 in the morning. That being said, I have finally hit a place where I am not sure how to continue; so I was hoping maybe I could get a nudge in the right direction.

The problem is the
Spoiler
boiler room puzzle, there's a sign telling me not to overheat the boilers. There are 3 hazes which a sign tells me rotates projectiles to the right. Of course, I can flip gravity and reverse this to make projectiles do all kinds of fun things; but none of those things have been useful just yet. I see 2 boilers in the room, one of which is not reachable for any projectile using the hazes; another which is. There is also a lever on the wall next to 2 holes which do absolutely nothing. I have thrown everything flaming I can think of from fireballs to arrows with the flame bow to Elton John himself. Nothing has worked, so I'm wondering if I'm overlooking something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

@linflas (Underworld Dreams)
thanks for your opinion but... you say that the flooritem placement is not correct... I tried many positions and I found the best one (in my opinion). Anyway will check again. Ok for cutscenes. The demo is very big, there are many levels, new spells, monsters and items... I hope will work on again this month.

@Sealtiel (Upside Down)
It's difficult to explain here the way to solve this puzzle... I prefer uploading a little map of the area. Tomorrow :wink:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

have you tried my tool for positioning items ? http://www.dmjump.net/rtcip0.4.rar
(ok i know this is bad hidden advertising ;))
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II