[RTC] Essence of Chaos

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: [RTC] Essence of Chaos

Post by Trantor »

Cool to see you still going at this! It certainly looks interesting!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Sure am Trantor. I look forward to this winters extra time to spend on EoC. Only thing going to slow me down is learning about new programs. I'm climbing into a new area, and hope to grasp some of it, and put it to use. The mountain that was so high, and so steep, is looking a bit easier on the accent. Longer ropes are helping out, but not everyone climbs up a mountain on their own, so I expect many more difficulties. I can see the wisps of snow clouds that are much more nearer. There are some spots that could prove impossible to scale so will try to work out new paths. There was a ledge I scaled past a few days ago that a previous solo climber had made it to. He was rock solid frozen. I sure hope that I do not meet the same fate as he. I can yell ricola, but no return echo. Not even an echo keeps me company.
keep your gor coin handy
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

You could always sing the Price is Right mountain climbing song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR_wfuQ-CIo

Just don't end up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hehehehhehe, i hope not

i am here http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... &action=sr it's a 3D DM Lv 1

i think you have been there before Sophia.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

?
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

?
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You need to name your dungeon something sensible. It still has the default name of "new dungeon" so it gets lost in the dungeons selector menu... Check in RTCEditor -> Setup -> Main Data.

EDIT: Realised it's actually called TESTRTCWM. Either way, if you release it as "Essence of Chaos Demo", it would be best if you also named it that so that it's easier to find in the list of dungeons.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos
I liked the dungeon a lot. The walls were great and made a real change from the normal dungeon walls. I didn't get very far into the game as the gigglers were reproducing at a terrific rate and in the end just got on my nerves. I just hope that you temper them down in the final version. This is looking like a real winner and I look forward to the final game.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

My first though was how a hell you made that critter? She move head, blink eye, move arm it look like its made from few independed obiects. Its awesome, many original ideas. Well i dont make big progress, tell you later more.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's probably just alternate movement/attack bitmaps. The skeleton is held in place by a teleporter, but movement animations will still play as it turns around. It does look very good :)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

ok i forgot about animated pictures
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

?
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the master wrote:Chaos
I liked the dungeon a lot. The walls were great and made a real change from the normal dungeon walls. I didn't get very far into the game as the gigglers were reproducing at a terrific rate and in the end just got on my nerves. I just hope that you temper them down in the final version. This is looking like a real winner and I look forward to the final game.
Thank you. If you follow the scroll from the first entrance tile, it gives the clue on what not to do. It is sort of a puzzle. There is a way to not have any gigglers multiply.
Again, thanks for your kind words.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Gambit37 wrote:It's probably just alternate movement/attack bitmaps. The skeleton is held in place by a teleporter, but movement animations will still play as it turns around. It does look very good :)
I like her too. She is held with the movement at -1. The animation is just the front png.
I used this example to learn GIMP. Learned much making it. I thank Sophia for the idea. Hope one day to have her on my side, undead or not.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I think this one has many things fixed. Holidays have been quite intoxicating. I do believe the label is correct now. A tune added, fixed lighting, little fixes.
Essence of Chaos Demo http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/mymt91
keep your gor coin handy
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

This is a *bump* for you cuz I find this project interesting and hope it continues.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Been away for a couple months with RL troubles like last winter. Did I miss something here. If I offended anyone due to my MINMaN feminine approach, it is not meant to be that way. I hope not.
I know the demo was bugged to the heavens, so the next release should fix all those.
keep your gor coin handy
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Why doy ou think you offended?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Just from the lack of input raixel. No worries. I fixed it up. Working alone since nobody wants to do it as a team. Even sharing ideas is laced with secrecy. We all have different skills. It'd be wonderful to see a group work together. I reread all my messages, examined how many times I asked for help, who was willing and such. The effort was there. Attitudes, this is what's caused
fragmentations on the construct.
keep your gor coin handy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As discussed before, peopel working as a team is not the default. People have different points in their life where they are busy or not, and different artistic visions. They can collaborate with something that might lose direction or they might be unable to fulfil, or they can take their own ideas in to their own hands. Look at the most successful builders like Adamski or Zed in recent times, and wonder if a joint project would have seen their projects emerge faster, or if the projects would have lapsed.

No need to look for people being offended, or people being somehow off for not wanting to commit to something that is much harder than working on your own at your own pace.

I think the 'fragmentation' you are seeing is just a reflction of how easy it is to say 'yes, I can help' and how hard it is to actually allot time to a project consistently.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I do not differ with you beowuuf. Just stated the truth. Having only posted 350 messages, it was easy to analyze. Floating around this place for ten years. Things change.
One can only wishfully hope. I climbed a mountain for DM, Mt. Anaias.
keep your gor coin handy
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

and wonder if a joint project would have seen their projects emerge faster, or if the projects would have lapsed.
Lapsed, reason is simple its very hard to create something and not to be creative. I mean am often change concepts during progress, because after time and experience have better ideas. Now imagine few peoples who start with one idea but longer it take, everybody want something different.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

This is true Zed. I must have played with 4 dungeons over the years. It is complex to build alone. So much you need to know before trying. It's a good reason to work together. Focus on certain aspects.
Just so much to know. It's not any fault to anyone that this task is too difficult solo. Wouldn't it be a little more fun to work together building something that we all love to do. Damn DM took over my life when it came out :) and it is still haunting me. A pleasure to assist in construction of the great DM, to anyone. It's upsetting to see the words failure from those who have not even had a look. Question if commited to the fun DM offers. The motive is not clear yet, and probably nevr will be. For the sake, for the love of DM, let's think together.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

EoC
plugging slowly away at it still... some changes with some experimental wallsets... still exploring all possibilities, it's been a lot of fun learning the skills. spending more time learning the programs than imaginary thoughtful designing. you can call EoC a crawler in the making, it's at least getting easier with the ctrl alt shift :) and will do the best to make some sort of amusing RTC dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

Oh hellos Chaos Shaman how are you ???

excuse me I wrong about :?
Last edited by RAF68 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hey RAF
ahh, just was wondering what you got here, how about explaining it a little. looks like you got the corners of the stone frame and wall pointed out, and....
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I tried EoC out recently and am impressed with the ideas C-S worked on here.

I like the use of interactive monsters that actually talk to the party and will change their behavior to the party depending on what the party does. The outdoor graphics are amazing and create more of a feel of wandering through paths in a forest. It's a shame this project never went beyond the demo phase as I'd have loved to play a full version of this game.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thanks SU... i didn't think it worth continuing for some time, not enough interest in RTC, but there is a glimmer of hope. project is being redone into just bmp, sadly the dungeons will have to be smaller. the dungeon you played SU was an improved one from the last update, much improved. i have some more ideas, just have not got around to it yet.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

No problem. I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements you make to the EoC.

As for the decline in interest in RTC, I think it will still hold a large following for some time yet, simply because of the large numbers of custom dungeons release for it. I think as newer engines like DSB start to get more developed and have more custom dungeons released they will eventually overtake RTC but for now I think RTC is still the main engine most people use.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i arrived here again while researching Mt Anaias, it turns out there is a character from the bible who was named Ananias, and i am wondering if the name of the Mt was taken as a clue from that part of the bible where as in the bible Ananias was involved with a dungeon. just adding the letter N, interesting. while looking EoC came up, so here i am. so i was wondering if the story written may be based on biblical knowledge.
keep your gor coin handy