[RTC] Essence of Chaos

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

[RTC] Essence of Chaos

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hey DM community. I've been fiddling around with RTC for a few years and this is some of the stuff i've done. Not anything fancy, but a DM game with a feminine touch.

Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Essence of Chaos

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

it looks like i need to raise the floor horizon a little.
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
keep your gor coin handy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Looking very interesting! :D
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

:shock: looks awesome !

PS: what do you mean by feminine touch ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I love the spooky dark forest! Spoooooky!
Chaos-Shaman wrote:i am still figuring out the best way to hide the trees from popping out of nowhere
That problem is not really solvable in RTC, at least not in a way that (a) looks satisfactory and (b) doesn't require HUGE amounts of mechanics and extra graphics.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thank you beowuuf,Joramun,Gambit
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Ok, this game has a half-naked lady in your inventory, a computer that is sure to kill me after I played some chess against it, and undead Skele-Sophias. I HAVE to play this! :D
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

It all looks not only *sweet* but refreshingly different as well ;)
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

the inventory is feminine Joramun, heh, i had to do something with a different approach, and you should see some of those characters for the hall of heroes, some are real hot, some are , well, you can decide. not so much muscle in this game so far, heh....
... That's why I asked the question. I'm not sure a naked-lady inventory can be called "feminine-touch". Anyway, the rest looks awesome.
And if by feminine you also imply smart and complicated puzzles, I tend to agree.

@Trantor: those are Skele-Chanis. I make the same mistake all the time...
What Is Your Quest ?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Wow, Shaman, this looks absolutely fantastic! It's awesomely awesome! I like the computer, and the forest scenes, and of course the skeleton-Chani-Shopia! Great! :P
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thank you
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Of course the question that must be on everyones lips is.......when will it be released?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

@Joramun: This time, I was actually deliberate in calling her Sophia instead of Chani. :wink:

What you say sounds really interesting Chaos-Shaman, it seems the dungeon has lots of insider jokes which I always like. :D

As for teaming up with somebody else, I'm sure you will find somebody here. I will have to pass, though, as I am too busy with real-life to get even my own dungeon running. :(
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

god bless family
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

Good courage for your family
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, again, sorry to hear that, Shaman. Our thoughts are with you.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I like it very, some good graphics and idea!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thanks zed5duke.... i am determined to finish it, i don't want to disappoint GG
keep your gor coin handy
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

i am still figuring out the best way to hide the trees from popping out of nowhere
Only way is to make dense fog or darkness, because view range is very short, I also tryed almost exacly the same, walk trough grass and trees in daylight, these trees jump at me from nowhere. But you could continue it anyway, look very good on screenshoot.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

heya, yeah, i was hoping to create an alternating wall that had trees appearing in a similar spot that would appear to come from the forest, i figure i put enough trees around that the wall would be blended in and still allow some distance in between the trees, giving it the appearance, then just use a few triggered trees of smaller sizes to enhance it, something like what linflas did in FoD. i still need to mess around with it, i have had some interesting results so far. right now, i am checking out Tower of Champions, hoho, i really like it so far, but can't wait to get back to working on the Essence of Chaos. i am very excited about working with GIMP, just got the 2.6 Biginning Gimp book. i should be able to do something, heh
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Some very impressive work there!

I have started on yet another project lol (I start 10 for everyone one I finish). Also trying some outdoors stuff:

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Paul, looks great, but please don't hijack a custom dungeon thread with your own work, please start another thread, cheers.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I second Gambit, I'll gladly look to your creations Paul in your own thread, but I'd rather see only Shaman's art in her thread... Unless your were proposing Chaos-Shaman your artwork for sharing ?

@ Chaos-Shaman: I like everything, but the food and water bars, through original, are anti-immersive because they remind me of cocktails at modern parties. If you could find medieval items instead it would more convincing.
What I like the most is the maya decoration at the entry of the temple: are you digging into this vein? Exploring maya beliefs, calendar riddles, cosmic architecture, astronomical decorations, messages of glyphs, and their bestiary and traps, would be like exploring the remnants of a fascinating civilization like in the movie Alien, the ship exploration... Hmm, if you won't do it I may have a try in the years to come. I can also help you with suggestions if you want a sharing approach.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There is no thread to start yet, but was simply sharing an outdoor scene which the OP may be interested in. I am happy for people to use it.

Certainly not a 'hijack'.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Zyx wrote:I second Gambit, I'll gladly look to your creations Paul in your own thread, but I'd rather see only Shaman's art in her thread... Unless your were proposing Chaos-Shaman your artwork for sharing ?

@ Chaos-Shaman: I like everything, but the food and water bars, through original, are anti-immersive because they remind me of cocktails at modern parties. If you could find medieval items instead it would more convincing.
What I like the most is the maya decoration at the entry of the temple: are you digging into this vein? Exploring maya beliefs, calendar riddles, cosmic architecture, astronomical decorations, messages of glyphs, and their bestiary and traps, would be like exploring the remnants of a fascinating civilization like in the movie Alien, the ship exploration... Hmm, if you won't do it I may have a try in the years to come. I can also help you with suggestions if you want a sharing approach.

the food/water bar was for figuring out the coordinates, it was to make a save of the file, and a joke, but i do believe i'll use the food supplied in DM as the food/bar indicator, to me, that is too much space for your food and water, besides, it covers up my elf in the background, expect it to change to a more transparent smaller view.
YES YES YES, it is all about the maya, 2012, and many other religious deities, also the dungeon must remain comical, i'll give you an idea, things like star trek, lost in space, almost anything goes. remember, this is an old game with a new spin, and i have read so many books about shamanism, psychology, medicine, alchemy etc, .. in the last few years that i have the ammo to build something crazy, i just hope that this year won't bum me out, i know my dad is about to die, poor guy is nothing but skin and bone now, and i have to thank this place for helping me continue on, cause at one point, i was going to toss in the towel Image
keep your gor coin handy
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Ok. Don't despair. Whatever happens, keep being creative, come to this forum at least once in a while, let us know how your project is going, and keep in touch with this part of you. I may have some ideas to share with you later. I may even understand your revelations, though I'll probably disagree.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

heh, thanks zyx, that's a nice rope you have :)Image

life line
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*bump* as getting lost!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

?
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

?
Last edited by Chaos-Shaman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep your gor coin handy