Doom Blade - Hint Book

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Doom Blade - Hint Book

Post by Trantor »

NOTE: This thread is supposed to be solely for gameplay questions regarding my RTC dungeon Doom Blade. For general information about Doom Blade and a download link, check out this thread instead.

HOW IT WORKS:
If you have any gameplay questions about Doom Blade, post them in this very thread or send me a PM. I will then include your questions and some hints to it in the first post. The hints get more and more explicit so you can decide for yourself how much help you want to be given. All hints are spoiler-tagged so you won’t accidentally read too much.
Be advised to only read answers to questions that concern you. Some of the questions and the answers to them will be made up by me. Also, the number of hints or their length does not have anything to do with the complexity of the question.
Of course, if you know the answer to a question somebody else posted, you can answer them yourselves. My goal is to eventually provide a complete hint book for the dungeon. How quick it will grow and how extensive it will be, is up to you.

A. General
Urgh. Once I die, that crappy music keeps playing, and when I reload, the music plays again and overlaps! I can't hear anything with this mess of sound!
Spoiler
Yeah, that's a bug in RTC. It seems to happen for some people, while it works for others. I have no idea why this is so, and fixing it is beyond my limited possibilites. Just turn off the music if you suffer this problem.
Is Doom Blade really a solo dungeon?
Spoiler
Well, you can only choose one of the four heroes, at the start…
Spoiler
…but that doesn’t mean it has to stay that way.
Spoiler
Keep playing. Eventually, you will be able to recruit three more champions.
Where can I find the light spell?
Spoiler
It is in the first dark place you should visit, after you have cleared the Screamer Forest.
Spoiler
You can find the needed scroll in the Cave of Kallas. Hack away some of the rock formations until you find a dead body with some equipment.
Why does the Fireball spell not work? Does it have other runes?
Spoiler
Yes, the Fireball spell uses different runes. Also, it must be unlocked first.
Spoiler
There is someone looking for a help in brewing a potion.
Spoiler
That someone is a vexirk living in the Rock Desert.
Spoiler
Bring him a Palmapple to unlock the Fireball spell.
Spoiler
You can find a Palmapple at the backside of Fastilus' Tower.
Can I buy a Magic Map somewhere?
Spoiler
No, you cannot buy it.
Spoiler
But you can find it.
Spoiler
The Magic Map can be found in Tarusis, but not at the very start of the game.
Spoiler
It is hidden in the castle. See the question about entering the castle if you have trouble getting into it.
Spoiler
The map is hidden in the throne room.
Spoiler
You can remove the tapestries. There is a small switch behind one of them. The switch opens up a small passage where you can find the map.
Where is the Hall of Champions?
Spoiler
It can be seen at the very start of the game, though it cannot be entered yet.
Spoiler
It is the museum in Tarusis.
Spoiler
You can enter it once you can enter the Castle. See the question about entering the Castle.
B. Overworld and Cities
How do I enter the Castle in Tarusis?
Spoiler
You cannot open the doors yourself.
Spoiler
You have to go somewhere else before you can enter the castle.
Spoiler
Check out the crossroads. There is one way to Tarusis, one way into the Screamer Forest, one way into the desert, and one way into a cave that is blocked by some large boulders.
Spoiler
Maybe you can find a way to remove the boulders?
Spoiler
Look for the Rockcutter in the Screamer Forest. With it, you can enter the cave. You can enter the castle once you have finished the cave.
How do I enter the Royal Chambers?
Spoiler
Who might have a key for this place?
Spoiler
How about the prince?
Spoiler
You should have gotten a hint that the prince went into the desert.
Spoiler
You will find the key in the Spider Cave, among the remains of the prince.
I cannot enter the Hall of Champions. Have I found it too late?
Spoiler
Actually, if you cannot enter it, you have found it too soon.
Spoiler
See the question about entering the castle. Once you can enter the castle, you can also enter the Hall of Champions.
How can I reach the city of Kurast?
Spoiler
You can reach Kurast by crossing the Rock Desert.
Spoiler
Unfortunately, there is a broken bridge on the way.
Spoiler
You have to repair that bridge.
Spoiler
The bridge can be repaired with an item from the castle.
Spoiler
Use the repair kit. You can find it on the second floor of the castle.
The Thicket Thief always steals my equipment! Is he invincible?
Spoiler
There is no invincible Thicket Thief.
Spoiler
In fact, there is no Thicket Thief at all.
Spoiler
Why are you even reading this? You are supposed to only read the answers to questions you actually have! Tsk tsk tsk...
Doesn't the desert look like the moon?
Spoiler
I guess it does. Hey, my artistic skills are limited, and I needed way too much time for the design of the dungeon already.
I am roming around in the desert trying to find the exit. Is there any logic to the desert or is it just wander and hope?
Spoiler
Basically just wander and hope. There is no trick or system to the desert, it is just a rather large maze.
Spoiler
If you have the compass, you enter the desert roughly from east-north-east, and the exit is to the south-south-west.
Spoiler
To actually exit the desert, you need a certain item from the Castle in Tarusis.
Spoiler
That item is the repair kit. With it, you can repair the broken bridge. The desert ends shortly after the bridge.
Spoiler
You can also hack away several of the rocks with the Rockcutter so you won't have as many dead-ends in the desert.
Spoiler
There is also an (optional) dungeon close to the exit in the south-west as well as a hut with somebody giving you a quest near the entrance in the north-east.
Spoiler
The good thing is you don't have to cross the desert a second time once you reach the next city, even if you want to go back to Tarusis, the Screamer Forest, or the Temple of Gatkin.
Spoiler
Oh, maybe I should mention there is also a Secret Area in the desert. You need the Rockcutter for it.
Spoiler
If I continue like this, this could be the first question to reach 10 hints.
Spoiler
Yep, this is indeed the first question with 10 hints.
I have met a Vexirk who is looking for three items. Where can I find them?
Spoiler
A Fly Agaric can be found in the Screamer's Forest, in the north-eastern corner.
Spoiler
A Palmapple can be found behind the Tower of Fastilus.
Spoiler
A Moonflower can be found in the north of the Forest of Illusion, behind the city of Kurast.
How can I retrieve the ore from the meteor at the excavation site?
Spoiler
You need a certain tool to do that.
Spoiler
Sadly, you cannot buy that tool in Tarusis.
Spoiler
You also cannot buy that tool in Kurast.
Spoiler
In fact, you cannot buy that tool at all.
Spoiler
Excavation site? Meteor? Ore? What game are you playing?

C. Temple of Gatkin
I'm stuck at the "Footsteps of the Lord" puzzle...
Spoiler
Think of who the Lord of this place might be. You have read his name a few times already.
Spoiler
You are in the Temple of Gatkin. So you may only step on plates that carry a letter of the word "Gatkin".
I think I have encountered a spelling error near the Chapel...
Spoiler
Language changes over time. Keep in mind that the place you are in is hundreds of years old.
Spoiler
The puzzle here is a nod to an adventure film from the late 1980s.
Spoiler
When this temple was constructed, "Gatkin" was still spelled "Gattkin".
I have come to a room which is just off some skeletons. The room is full of pits and you have to throw items onto pressure pads to close some of them. There is one that I can't get a sword to land on.
Spoiler
You have to cross that room, and you have to throw an item on 6 pads in total.
Spoiler
The third pad does not close a pit, it does something else.
Spoiler
It removes a wall.
Spoiler
Take a look at the second pad again.
Spoiler
Throw something over the second pad. It will eventually land on a new pad, one you cannot see because it is too far away.
Spoiler
You will eventually find a Tourquoise Key in that room.
Spoiler
With it, you can enter the Chapel.
Once i complete the halls of initiation it says only priests may enter - i've not found anything that could help in the tombs, do i need something from outside the dungeon?
Spoiler
The item you need can be found in the temple.
Spoiler
Have you found the UM rune yet?
Spoiler
Where would you look for an item in a priest's possession?
Spoiler
The teleporter that takes you back after the rites of initiation leads you to the place you need to go.
Spoiler
Search the chapel thoroughly.
Spoiler
You can remove the tapestries. Behind one of them, there is a hidden switch.
Spoiler
In the room that opens, you find a priest's robe. Show it to the magic eye.
I am stuck at the final test of Gatkin...
Spoiler
As you probably have noticed, there is a bunch of invisible teleporters here. Useless items (like the spoiled wine from the level above) can be helpful. Put them on the floor and see if they get teleported.
Spoiler
Teleporters are usually on crossing paths. However, there is one teleporter between two walls that turns you around 180°. If you have the compass, keep an eye on it.
Spoiler
Step-by-step-solution: If you stand in front of the wall text, turn right. You will now face north. Go this way: N-W-W-W-W-N-N-W-W-S-S-S-turn around 180°-S-S-S-W-W-N-N-W-W-N-W-W-N-W-W-S.

D. Spider Cave
In the spider cave there is a large room with many, many spiders. Is it passable?
Spoiler
Yes it is.
Spoiler
Have you found other champions yet? If not, this room might be too hard for you to enter.
Spoiler
If you can hold your ground at the very entrance of the room or in the room itself, no more spiders will be generated.
Spoiler
Alternatively, you can fight until you kill 32 spiders. There will be no more after that.

E. Tower of Fastilus
I can see the first puzzle in the Tower is some sort of teleporter/throwing thing, but the left and four right clues have confused me.
Spoiler
The clue is in the same vein as the rule for driving a car in large cities - three times right equals one time left (or, if you are in the UK or Japan, three times left equals one time right).
Spoiler
If you have found the Marauder's Map, it will be really helpful in here.
Spoiler
All the teleporters you can switch on and off rotate any item thrown in them 90° to the right.
Spoiler
In other words, you have to have 4 active teleporters and 2 inactive ones.
Spoiler
If you can manage to throw an item at the pits and eventually make it turn left, you have almost finished the puzzle.
Spoiler
You can not see the last needed teleporter from your position in front of the pits.
Spoiler
If you stand in front of the pit, the middle levers on the left wall must be put up, the other two must be put down. On the right wall, the lever closest to the pit must be put down as well. The other two levers must be put up.
I have killed the demon, but cannot find the keys I need to proceed...
Spoiler
There are two Keys of B.
Spoiler
The demon has one of them. Look carefully at the floor as it can be hard to see.
Spoiler
The second key can be easily found from the room with the four wooden doors. It is in an alcove behind the western door.
I killed a lot of Antmen. Now what? I can't find an exit!
Spoiler
Keep exploring more.
Spoiler
In the room with the Antmen, there is a door which leads on. The door is to the south of the room.
I am in a room with hazes and on the walls its says cross this room. I have tried dropping objects in the form of a cross but I don't think I am putting the objects in the correct place. What am I supposed to do here?
Spoiler
If you have the Marauder's Map, it will be your best friend in here.
Spoiler
If you have the compass, it will be your second-best friend.
Spoiler
The room is full of teleporters, some visible, some invisible. Some of the hazes teleport you, some don't.
Spoiler
There is one path leading from this room, one each in the north, east, south and west. You only need to cross the room from the west to the east, the north and south exit are optional.
Spoiler
If you take a look at the writing on the wall, it will be slightly different depending on which direction you are looking at.
Spoiler
To actually cross the room, just take one step forward and one step backwards - you are now at the other side.
At the place where it asks to drop many items. How many? I've dropped 27 across all the pads and the door is still shut...
Spoiler
This puzzle is actually stolen from Eye of the Beholder 2.
Spoiler
You might have found a scroll not too long ago with a hint.
Spoiler
That hint comes directly from a certain fictive archaeologist.
Spoiler
The hint is "X marks the spot".
Spoiler
You only need 5 items. Form an X with them, meaning you have to put an item on the middle pad and on the four pads in the corners.

F. Crypt of the Faeliss Clan
There is a small passage with a lever. When I pull the lever it opens up a pit behind and in front of me. What do I need to do next?
Spoiler
The Magic Map will be your best friend here.
Spoiler
The lever activates a teleporter on the other side of the pit, but only for a short time.
Spoiler
Throw a ZO spell through the teleporter.
Spoiler
Next, throw an item through the teleporter.
Spoiler
It needs to be a small item, like a rock or an arrow, because it has to fly through a portcullis.
I seem to need a RA key to proceed, but I can't find it.
Spoiler
You can only find the RA key if you have passed the "Be quick or be dead" passage.
Spoiler
After you have done that, a wall in the north-east of the level will have opened up. If you are facing the RA door, go right to the next crossroads and then go left.
Spoiler
After you have switched some levers, you should be in a room with two Deth Knights and a seemingly useless button on one of the walls. Well, the button is, of course, not useless...
Spoiler
It turns the wall to the right from a solid one into an illusionary one.
Spoiler
Pull the lever in the illusionary wall. A new corridor in the room will open up. Pull the lever in that room as well. Then go back and pull the lever in the illusionary wall again. A new passage will have opened up where you find the RA key.
Spoiler
But wait! That's not all! If you take the RA key, you should be hit by something. Look for what damaged you.
Spoiler
There is another illusionary wall here. You have to kill the Swamp Slime behind the pit to leave this place.
I am in a room with the writing "Hit Them All"...
Spoiler
Hit them all with either objects or spells.
Spoiler
No, not the gigglers.
Spoiler
Hit all the three hazes.
I don't understand the riddle that I get from the ghost of Roy's father. Do I need to solve it to cross the monster-infested pit?
Spoiler
"When the goat turns red strikes true" - have you found the red goat yet?
Spoiler
Don't go on until you have defeated Xykon the Lich.
Spoiler
Don't go on until you've met Elan's evil twin brother Nale.
Spoiler
Been reading a bit too much Order of the Stick, eh?
There is an inscription asking for fire. What do I do here?
Spoiler
Just give the flame what it wants - fire.
Spoiler
Lightning Bolt won't suffice. You have to cast a Fireball or throw a FUL bomb.
For the Family Heirlooms riddle - are all the Heirlooms in this place?
Spoiler
Yes, all the needed heirlooms are in this very level of this very dungeon.
Spoiler
You need to find two heirlooms.
Spoiler
Both have an F engraved.
Spoiler
Both are in similar, special places.
Spoiler
Both can be found in the graves of the former clan leaders, Tula and Itza.
Spoiler
The heirlooms are the Moonstone and the Horn of Fear.
I am in a room with a flying skeleton and whats looks to be a extinct transporter on the floor. What do I need to do here?
Spoiler
That is the ghost of Durkon Faeliss. You have to kill it. It has many HP, but you can easily dodge his attacks.
Spoiler
The ring on the floor is not an extinct teleporter. It is a possibility to put the ghosts of the crypt to rest again.
Spoiler
Search the Faeliss Clan Chronicles thoroughly to find out what you need to do here.
Spoiler
Cast DES GOR NETA when you stand on the ring.

G. Dragon Cave
I can see several inaccessible areas on the map. How do I get there? And once I pick up the Dragon Helm, how do I get back up?
Spoiler
There is only one stairway in the whole Dragon Cave. It leads from the bottom of it back up.
Spoiler
The only way to reach the different areas are the pits. Enter different pits. Once you find Oitus, you can find a hidden stairway back up. I hope you brought the rope from Tarusis with you.
There is an inscription that says "Only a Dragon Knight may enter." I have the Dragon Helm but the door won't open.
Spoiler
The helm is a good start, but not enough to make you a true, complete knight.
Spoiler
This means you need to have a total of five pieces of Dragon armor: Helm, Plate, Poleyn, Boots and Shield.
Spoiler
Enter different pits on the topmost level of the Dragon Cave. Depending on the pit you entered, a different piece of the armor can be found.
I can see the leg plate behind three boulders, but the rocks won't budge. How do I get there?
Spoiler
You cannot remove the boulders. You have to look for some sort of "back door".
Spoiler
Search for illusionary walls close by.
I can see the torso/breast plate of the Dragon Armor along with 2 levers. I've tried to throw/turn/activate but can't seem to get anything working. Any help would be appreciated.
Spoiler
Both levers activate a teleporter for a very short amount of time.
Spoiler
You need to throw something and then activate both teleporters.
Spoiler
Do the following as fast as possible: Throw something over the pit, turn left, activate the lever, take a step backward, turn left, and activate the second lever. Move with the keyboard. If you move with the mouse, you will most likely not be fast enough.
I can't find the boots! Where are they?
Spoiler
Go to the south-west.
Spoiler
There is a pit with a skeleton next to it. Enter it.
Spoiler
Down there, there is a lever that opens up a wall. There are your Dragon Boots.
I have a full set of Helm, Plate, Poleyn and Boots, but the door still won't open!
Spoiler
There is a fifth item needed for the complete Dragon Armor.
Spoiler
That piece is the Shield.
Spoiler
Go straight west from the entrance to the dragon cave. There are two pits directly next to each other. Enter one of them to find the shield.
How do I avoid getting a "headache"?
Spoiler
How about aspirin?
Spoiler
Ok, that wasn't funny. Just be quick and retreat as fast as possible once you pick up the Dragon Fang.
I have just dropped into a cave which I entered with the winged key from the room of flames. There are 2 dragons here. Do I have to kill them to get out and if not how do I get out and what should I grab before I do?
Spoiler
One of these dragons is grey. This is Draggore. You should have heard his name before.
Spoiler
You have to kill Draggore in order to leave the cave. But since he is quicker and tougher than the other dragon, it's a good idea to kill the normal dragon first. Magic Boxes, Ful and Ven Bombs, Fireshield and Monstainers will help you.
I finally got the Grimoire! What should I do with it? Do I need to bring it back to Kurast?
Spoiler
There are one or two people looking for the Grimoire, but they are not in Kurast.
Spoiler
Those people are Fastilus (if you didn't kill him) and Rumburak, the mage in the destroyed village beyond the Forest of Illusion. Bring one of them the Grimoire.
Spoiler
Actually, you can show the Grimoire to both.
Spoiler
There is something else you can do with the Grimoire.
Spoiler
It is pulsing with powerful magic, after all.
Spoiler
Maybe you can somehow learn something of its power?
Spoiler
The Grimoire holds the MON rune.

H. Temple of Aram
At the start of the Way of Cunning there are pits, many switches, a closed door and fireballs. Can't fathom it!
Spoiler
The many levers open up walls and turn on teleporters. Maybe you can use that to your advantage.
Spoiler
You can lead the fireballs to the door and eventually through it.
Spoiler
There are several illusionary walls here.

Spoiler
On the other side of the door, there are several scorpions. Once all are dead, you can go on.
In the "Fire" room, there are many levers with letters here. What do I need to do?
Spoiler
Think about which element this room is dedicated to.
Spoiler
Do you know a any special word that is associated with fire?
Spoiler
How about a rune?
Spoiler
The rune of fire is FUL. Only activate the levers with F, U and L.
In the "Water" room, what is the deal with these fountains at "Show your courage"?
Spoiler
You need water from one of these fountains.
Spoiler
Anything you would associate with courage?
Spoiler
Use water from the lion fountain.
Spoiler
There is a room with four buttons reading Oitu, Couatl, Giggler and Vexirk. What am I supposed to do in here?
Spoiler
Do you remember which element you chose when you entered this area?
Spoiler
It was Air.
Spoiler
Which of these creatures could be associated with the air element?
Spoiler
Trap a Couatl in each of the four cells. Then pull the lever in that room.
Seems I am lacking an Onyx Key. How many are there, and where are they?
Spoiler
There is a total of three Onyx Keys. They are all on the Way of Cunning.
Spoiler
One is at The Randomizer, at the end of the Deceiver's Corridor. Keep throwing items at the teleporter until the pit closes.
Spoiler
One can be found in the Rat Cellar.
Spoiler
One of the Deth Knights near the grate with the strong wind has the third Onyx Key. Right behind the Knights are the doors where you need the Onyx Keys.
Near the inscription "Oh rock of do not crumble", there is a pit with a green button behind it that I cannot close. Do I have to cross it?
Spoiler
The green button closes the pit. You have to push it somehow.
Spoiler
There is no other way to reach the button, no illusionary walls, no backdoor, no nothing.
Spoiler
So you have to push the button from this side of the pit...
Spoiler
Throw an item against the wall. It will push the green button and close the pit.
How do I enter the Inner Sanctum?
Spoiler
Find a RA key on each of the three ways and use it to open the door at the end of each way.
Where are the RA keys?
Spoiler
There is one RA key on each of the three paths.
Spoiler
Way of Cunning
:
Spoiler
You have to find two Keys of B. One of them is in a room with lots of hazes and gigglers. You have to cross that room once and then go back into it. Then an alcove will have opened up with the first Key of B.
The second Key of B is near the inscription "Oh rock of do not crumble". See the question about the green button close to it.
The pit in front of the RA key is fake.
You also need three Onyx Keys to complete this path. See the question about the Onyx Keys if you can't find them.
Spoiler
Way of Thought
:
Spoiler
You have to solve the puzzle of the Altars of Light and Darkness.
Spoiler
Way of Force
:
Spoiler
There is an area that drains a lot of stamina from you. You need the Ruby Key to enter it. Here, you will find the RA key.
In the Inner Sanctum, next to the inscription "Is it you, is it me, depends on who will see" is an iron door that I cannot open.
Spoiler
The answer to the riddle should be easy enough. Finding the needed item is probably the hard thing to do.
Spoiler
Have you used up two Iron Keys? If you haven't fought the Zytazes yet, you haven't.
Spoiler
In the room with the alcove and the inscription, you can find one Iron Key and a switch that closes a pit in the room before. Closing the pit will let the Stone Golem free. The Golem has the second Iron Key.
Spoiler
Past the Zytazes, there is a lever next to the inscription "This may hurt a little". It will open up a new passage.
Spoiler
In the passage, the pit is fake. You can simply cross it to take the steps downstairs. Down there, you will find the item you need for the alcove.
What do the four buttons Ku, Ros, Neta and Dain near the mirror mean? Sometimes, I get damaged...
Spoiler
You should be fairly familiar with these runes and their meaning. These specific buttons have something to do with your skills.
Spoiler
It is important which of your party members touches these buttons.
Spoiler
The most skilled party member in each profession must touch these buttons. So, if you have one Expert fighter and three Craftsmen fighters, you have to make the Expert fighter the leader before you press the Ku switch. The same is true for the other three buttons - Ros for Ninja, Neta for Priest, and Dain for Wizard. Once all the buttons have been pressed by the correct party member, the door to the mirror will open.
The door to the room with the Magic Mushroom is closed! How do I get out?
Spoiler
The Magic Mushroom is not allowed to leave this place.
Spoiler
Put it in the alcove near the door.
At the short tour/long tour section, I have a Sapphire Key, but am missing another key for another door.
Spoiler
The corresponding key is not far away, as close as the Sapphire Key was.
Spoiler
You might have found an inaccessible room behind a portcullis. There is a blue haze behind the portcullis. The key you are looking for is in that room.
Spoiler
You have to throw something through the portcullis.
Spoiler
Unfortunately, the haze is in the way.
Spoiler
Look for a seemingly useless little room close by. There is an illusionary wall in there.
Spoiler
In that wall there is a switch. It will turn the haze on and off. Once you throw something through the portcullis and past the haze, the dented iron door to that room will open.
I am missing Emerald Keys...
Spoiler
There is a total of four Emerald Keys.
Spoiler
They can all be found on the Way of Thought.
Spoiler
One each can be found in the elemental chambers.
Spoiler
The Emerald Keys are not important to finish the game. They only open up some secret areas with more treasure.
Last edited by Trantor on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 45 times in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Re: Doom Blade - Hint Book

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
There is a cave in the desert with spiders. Deep inside there is a large room with many, many spiders. Is it passable? I have stood at the entrance to the room for 20 mins killing them, but they keep coming, with seemingly loads left.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Woohoo, first question! Now answered.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Spoiler
Once i complete the halls of initiation it says only priests may enter - i've not found anything that could help in the tombs, do i need something from outside the dungeon? I have a single charactor at the moment Apprentice Priest.

Also - is this a fault?
Spoiler
it says only the follower can enter - but you need to spell GATTKIN on the floor and not GATKIN as is on the entrance???
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Thanks for playing Doom Blade money. Your questions and the answers to them are now included in the first post.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

My progress is being hindered through lack of light. I have the spell book but can't find the light scroll. Could you tell me where it is please?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Now answered. You can also buy an additional torch in Tarusis for a copper coin.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have come to a room which is just off where you have to kill skeletons, presumably to get their swords. The room is full of pits and you have to throw the swords onto pressure pads to close some of them. However having done I think 3, there is one that I can't get a sword to land on. Could you tell me if I am on the correct track, how can I get an object to land on this pressure pad and what I will find when I can cross the pits.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

the master, your question is now the second question in section C.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
I have just entered the Tower of Fastilus and am at the first puzzle. I can see it is some sort of teleproter/throwing thing, but the left and four right clues have confused me.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Paul, I updated the first post.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Still don't get it :-( Tried the above solution and threw items, but no joy. Also overun by rock piles.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

The rock piles are basically only there to provide "ammo" to throw. Have you thrown something else than rocks? I have tried the puzzle with rather weak characters, and to be honest, I was rather surprised that the rocks actually flew far enough. If you have tried throwing rocks without luck, could you send me a savegame? I can't fix it if something is broken (which I really don't hope!), but I can at least take a look...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ah solved it, cheers! The map did indeed help, I think your solution is slightly wrong ;-)
Spoiler
Now at the place where it asks to drop many items. How many? I've dropped 27 across all the pads and the door is still shut lol
EDIT:
Spoiler
got 4 items on each pad, still no luck!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Good to hear you progressed! I was already pretty worried! ;) Could you PM me where my solution is wrong? Sorry for that!

Oh, and your new question is now answered, too.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Great game so far :)
Spoiler
For the Family Heirlooms riddle - I have the necklace, and can hear the trigger - the rest of the level seems filled with clues (2 swords, a staff, a dagger) but not sure i had seen them... are all the Heirlooms in this place? I did notice seme other items with "letters" attributed in other dungeons in the game but i have now disre-garded them once i left the relevant section!... Here's hoping they are all in the dungeon and i need to hunt/backtrack some more checking the items in more detail :)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I'm very glad you are enjoying the dungeon money! And if I dare say so, the best is yet to come! :D
Oh, and your question is now answered, too. :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am roming around in the desert trying to find the exit. Is there any logic to the desert or is it just wander and hope?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Now included the answer to your question in section B.
Spoiler
The first 3 or 4 hints will probably be enough to actually find the exit. The remaining hints tell a bit more about the desert, I'm not sure if you want to find out yet.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

There is another way to get stuff from spider cave, i was never able to kill them so i thought that is kind of puzzle, how i do that was:
Spoiler
use no weapons, and no armor (to carry more) just enter and scream like mad
My only question now is how enter castle, there is no swith or keyhole am at point when will try blown doors by explode potion.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Zed, I have answered your question in the first post, along with the questions you posed in the other thread. You can find your answers in section B.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Trantor
Could you pm me with the directions from the Vexirk hideout in the desert to the desert exit. I have been wandering around and can't find my way out, have very little water left and don't want to start all over as I have put many hours in already. Just e-s-e-n from the door would be great. Thanks

Edit: Weeeeeeee have now found my way out of the desert, watered up and now I am go go go!!!
Last edited by the master on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Where abouts is the HoC, I sem to have completely missed it lol
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am stuck on the Final Test of Gatkin (God of all those that are lost).
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Updated the first post with answers to the Hall of Champions and the Final Test of Gatkin. @the master: I am not 100% sure my step-by-step-solution is correct, and I can't check right now. I hope you will be able to proceed, I will get back to that question tomorrow. Sorry!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Tower of Fastilus
I have done as you say in E above and have been standing on the left throwing the small rocks at the teleporter. They all go
Spoiler
right
. If I stand in front of the right teleporter they just
Spoiler
land at my feet
. How many rocks do I need to throw before they go
Spoiler
left
and land on the
Spoiler
pressure plate
?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am sure I had the middle lever up on the left.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
I am in the area with the magic mushroom. I have got the fireflower - but I cannot get out, the door into the chamber is now shut.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

PaulH
Spoiler
I have tried that but I don't think its having much effect. I assume that you have to land a rock on the pressure plate (left) to close the pits. I can't see any way of making the stone turn left as they all go right. The front teleporter (right) seems to just send my stones back to me so obviously there is no point in throwing anything at that.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
Do you have the magic map? If so look at the teleporters - 3 rights make the left, and a final right lands it on the pad. Just need to switch the right teleporters on.