Doom Blade - Hint Book

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Doom Blade - Hint Book

Post by Sophia »

I made it out of the Dragon cave. :D

One thing I'm curious about:
Spoiler
There was one part where a dragon appeared right behind me and belched out a fireball. The way I got through was to quickly use an Instaman to absorb the fireball, and then throw a bunch of poison clouds and run right up to it and start fighting, hoping that the dragon was a weaker one and it would choose to melee in the rounds it could get in before it died. I did manage to get through this way, but it took a pretty good amount of luck not to mention an item it's perfectly possible to get to the cave without having, so I'm pretty sure I didn't do it the "right" way.
Anyway, I went back to the crypt of the Faeliss clan because I missed it the first time around.
Spoiler
I can't seem to locate the ra key. I've been around and passed several areas, finding ra armor and eventually opening a passage back into the start room, but I didn't find the key anywhere along the way.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Lai, I expressed myself badly. By
Spoiler
skeleton, I meant bones, the remains of an unlucky adventurer. And your question about the Tower is now answered in the first post.
Sophia, glad to hear you are out! I hope you got the item you were asked about by two people...
About the
Spoiler
dragon that appeared behind you: It's just a nasty trap. You should get a warning once you approach the hole in the ceiling so you can prepare. With Magic Boxes, Ful bombs, Monstainers and Ful Bro Neta, you should be fine - just as you were.
Oh, and your question about the Crypt is now answered, too.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

i now finished the dragon cave and found the
Spoiler
grimoire. doesnt i should it bring back at kurast to the royal temple?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

3 questions
Spoiler
do I need to complete the bit with the lever trap where the dragon appears behind you?
Spoiler
Do I need the dragon fang?
Spoiler
I can't find the key required for the door by the dragon fang (headache) puzzle
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

@master
Spoiler
yes, u have to kill the dragon. use magic box to kill him. if u have a keyboard like g15 make makro for fireshield and poison bolt...it makes fights much easier
edit:
Spoiler
the dragon have the key...if we need the dragon fang i still dont know..but u have to resume here
where are the spider cave? dont know where i have to go on
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
Lai for the spider cave go back to the beginning and go to the screemer field. From the screemer field follow the hedge and you should find the spider cave
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

if this cave are the spider cave, i do not find
Spoiler
the large room full of spiders there. there are nothing to doo..i was here at beginning, but could remember only and one or two spiders i fight
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Any suggestion about the
Spoiler
Inner Sanctum
? There is a closed door near the writing
Spoiler
"is it you, is it me, depends on who will see"
and an alcove. I made all the possible actions in this area, nothing happens.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

im not at this area yet, but it sounds to me something about a
Spoiler
mirror or something? hmh
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Yes, I thought the same, but I don't have a
Spoiler
mirror
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

grrr...i think i miss the
Spoiler
moonstone the F one...where i could find it exactly?
edit: solved
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Whew, lots of questions! Here we go:

the master:
Spoiler
You need to pull the lever where the dragon appears behind you. Otherwise, you won't be able to continue.
The Dragon Fang is a good weapon, but it is not necessary to have.
The key is in the room with the Black Flames. You entered a pit and landed in that room before you fought the two dragons with the Keys of B.
Lai:
Spoiler
The Spider Cave is in the Rock Desert. It is rather close to the chasm where you repaired the bridge.
The moonstone is in the grave of Tula Faeliss (the rive).
If you have the grimoire: One or two people should have asked you about it. These people are not in Kurast.
Adamski:
Spoiler
Your question is now answered in the first post.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
I have just dropped into a cave which I entered with the winged key from the room of flames. There are 2 drgons here. Do I have to kill them to get out and if not how do I get out and what should I grab before I do?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

the master, your question is now answered in the first post. In short:
Spoiler
Yes, you must kill the grey dragon to leave. But it's a good idea to concentrate on the normal dragon first since that one is easier to kill.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

I am in a room with a flying skeleton and whats looks to be a extinct transporter on the floor. What do I need to do here?
Spoiler
i kill the ghost just with spamming "hit unmaterial beeing" like machinegun ^^... i dont have the "gore" rune and i dont make what u spoilering. does i have to replie, cause ure way gives me the rune while reading the book?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Lai,
Spoiler
das hab ich jetzt irgendwie nicht verstanden... Du hast im Hint Book die Antwort auf die Frage gelesen und fragst nun, wo die GOR-Rune ist? Oder wie oder wat oder wer... Falls ich das richtig verstanden hab: In den Archiven des Faeliss-Clans gibt es eine versteckte Schriftrolle mit der Gor-Rune.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
ja, mein englisch ist wohl auch wirklich ein quell an freude & frohsinn :-)
also deine beschreibung nach habe ich nicht gehandelt, hatte die zu dem zeitpunkt nicht gelesen. ich hab den ghost einfach mit dem spell weggenuked.
nachdem ich die lösung gelesen habe, habe ich mich gefragt, ob das eventuell ein fehler war, und das bekommen der rune an diese vorgehensweise gebunden ist...in dem einen buch hat man ja zwei seiten, seite 6 und 27 glaube und da sah ich ein zusammenhang. die rune werde ich mir dann wohl nochmal holen müssen.
why the fireball spell doesnt work? does he have other runes ?

edit:

would u add maps at this lovely hintbook?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Lai:
Spoiler
Es ist völlig ok (und sogar absolut notwendig), den Geist einfach umzumetzeln. Das mit dem magischen Ring kannst du auch später noch tun. Mit dem Grimoire hat das allerdings nix zu tun, das ist für etwas anderes gedacht.
The Fireball spell does have other runes, and it must be unlocked first.

Maps are an interesting idea. I will think about it.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

maps would maybe a good help for people like me which have no clear view about a complete part of a dungeon...
at this momement i try to escape from the spider cave about ~ 20minutes ;) and still run in circle
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Trantor wrote:I hope you got the item you were asked about by two people...
Yes, I have it. Supposedly it's quite important, but in good RPG fashion they can wait while I finish up side quests. :D

I've progressed in the crypt. According to the hints, I need to find
Spoiler
Itza and Tula's graves
. I've already found
Spoiler
Itza's, and grabbed his heirloom, but I'm not sure where to find Tula
. It seems like I've visited every location off the central door rooms, so I guess I missed something. I also found a scroll mentioning something about
Spoiler
Prize 99. Or maybe the scroll itself is Prize 99
?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

@sophia:
not the scroll are
Spoiler
price99, i think the alcove right the door where u got the scrolls (and coins if i remember right)
edit:
i missed the second one while my first run too, then i look second time i found it...its in this area

does i understand right i have to search for a boy at the desert? i go there around about many many many times and dont found a boy...
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Sophia:
Spoiler
Prize 99 is a nod to Conflux. The coins is all there is to it, the scroll is unimportant.
To find the second heirloom, head back to the stairway where you came down into this level. Going left led you to the room with "Hit them all" and eventually Itza's grave. Going right from the stairway will lead you to a small room with invisibile teleporters and eventually Tula's grave.
Lai:
Spoiler
Die Person, die du suchst, befindet sich in der Spinnenhöhle.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
oh, mist. das ist ja gleich doppelte freude ;) wie lästig das für mich ist, dass ich wirklich garkeine orientierung habe. mal sehen ob mir die footprints weiterhelfen. ist das einer der bones im spider-raum? eigentlich nehme ich alle gegenstände in die hand um zu sehen ob sie einen besonderen namen haben.

noch ne frage, die relativ sicher für die anderen auch nicht so sehr von interesse ist...wo ist der tempel of aram? da war ich noch nicht, kann mich auch nicht erinnern, dass mal ingame gelesen zu haben...edit: ok, das hab ich eben geschnallt als ich mir alte screenshoots durchgelesen habe
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

tempel or aram- cunning (fire,air,earth,water) way:
i have absolutely no idea what i have to do @ fire:
Spoiler
  • T E U N
Spoiler
  • F D L A
im sure
Spoiler
to take torches at correct order
like the
Spoiler
gatkin-riddle, but i have no idea what word i should build with those letters
Spoiler
i also have no idea what to do at the nearly wasps atnd teleporter
i also have no idea what to do @ water: solved...nice one :-)
Spoiler
i destroy this red fountain. i realize that if i click with the second and third fountain-water at the "courage" a water-elemental appaears. with first it doesnt.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Lai: Wow, you are fast! Your questions are now answered in the first post.
Also,
Spoiler
ja, der Prinz ist eine der Leichen im Raum mit den vielen Spinnen. Du müsstest da eine Truhe mit einigen Nettigkeiten gefunden haben. Dabei ist auch eine Schriftrolle, die ihn als Prinz ausweist.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

i dont think im fast, i just play yesterday all day long ;)

i dont find answer about the wasps at "fire" i testest to
Spoiler
freeze the couatl at same place with the idea that this way i could cast spells (open door or fireball) to the front of one of the doors. im sure its something about the couatl, but it seems i wasnt lucky so far.
i also have to know if i could escape form the temple, cause my food running out. i always play and played DM & clones with setup a center where i drop all the things i have. my adventures dont wear heavy armor (and tons of food) in order their portable weight arent yellow- its grey for maximum speed while walking
edit: ah, way to escape are open
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i think i'm in a dead-end.. cannot escape from here in the
Spoiler
dragon's cave second floor i think, i'm in front of a skull door
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

@linflas i cant remember at everey detail, but what i see at the map (2x down, 2 right) are a 1x1 area with something. maybe the wall are
Spoiler
cutable with the rockcutter?
1."the cloud of death" point are still working is this right? the only two things i connect with this are
Spoiler
the spell poison cloud and the ven potion. both seem to have no effect
2. altar of light, altar of darkness
Spoiler
i hope their dont need the scrolls with magical light and magical darkness runes?!
3. inner sanctum in front of the door:
Spoiler
i put maaaany torches in, nothing happen...but also their disappear with no effect? cant open the door
4.magic marshroom room: if i step one tile in the room ,
Spoiler
turn left i see a leaver at the wall.i cant handle it with open door. i also cast first fireball then open door at each direction, and finally throw something at each direction nothing happen. i also realize, that the 1x1 block (step north,north,east) have a leaver at east-side too. i then looking what happen if i send out a selfmade couatl in order to cast open door if it fly in front of the leaver..dont work
5. emerald-key: using one of them opens a door with following room: 3 leaver, one activates a teleporter constant, the other boths only for a few moment. but their
Spoiler
do not teleport items which are at the place of teleporter while activate them. so i dont understand how it works. throwing item in order to activate both seems me to be inpossible
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Just some short hints, will update the hint book later today:

Lai:
Spoiler
Wespen? Bei "Fire"? Da sollten eigentlich keine Wespen sein... Bist du in dem Korridor, in dem zwischen Gruben ein paar Feuerbälle hin und her fliegen? Oder bist du in eine der Gruben reingehüpft? Da unten mögen tatsächlich eine Menge Wespen sein (dort müsste ab und an "Hive" an der Wand stehen). Aus dem Hive kommst du über eine oder mehrere Treppen wieder raus. Der ganze Raum ist aber nur eine Art "Auffangbecken", falls man irgendwo runterfällt. Es geht von dort nirgendwohin weiter.

Das Inner Sanctum geht auf, wenn du die drei RA-Schlüssel gefunden und benutzt hast. Du brauchst keine Fackeln (aber wenn sie irgendwo einfach verschwinden, finde ich das bedenklich...).

Altar of Light, Altar of Darkness: Du brauchst nicht die Schriftrollen (die waren übrigens am Eingang dieses Tempels), aber du musst die Zaubersprüche kennen...

Magic Mushroom: Verdammt, der Raum sollte gar nicht offen sein! :( Na egal... Jedenfalls brauchst du für den Raum eben besagten Pilz. Drück ihn mal einem deiner Helden in die (Waffen-)Hand, dann sollte klar werden, was du hier tun musst.
linflas:
Spoiler
The Skull Door you see can only be openend from the other side. You will reach the other side later. Look for a large switch to the south-east of the Skull Door. It will open up a passage to the ladder that you can see on the screenshot of the Magic Map you posted. You do not need the Rockcutter in the Dragon Cave (and you cannot use it at all in here, in fact).
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
wespen sind das auch garnicht...wie heissen die nochmal...komme jetzt nicht drauf. diene ortsbeschreibung ist aber korrekt...hier sind 6 pits mit je einem teleporter die zueinander gewandt sind. zudem befinden sich hier zwei türen, mit diesen fliegenden viechern dahinter.
zu den altaren: beide sprüche kenne ich...mir ist aber nicht klar welche mechanik sich hier verbirgt. ist das vorraussetzung, dass man an den alcove mittig kommt? dann wäre das erklärung warum ich hier überlegte was zu tun ist.
7.after the way of pain i get ta ruby key. next to it are a closed door, right from the door small coridor with a pit at the end and heads at the wall...dont knwo what to do