SOTF Sins of the Father

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: SOTF

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

STEWY, I need your help!

still can't save the trolin, or open the door that keeps opening then quickly closing, it is triggered by a monster, freezing him on the trigger I could not do. there is a recharge there so I figured that was the solution, nope... is anyone else still playing this awesome game?
keep your gor coin handy
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

Weekend DUH :mrgreen:
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I finally did the compass puzzle, I found it difficult. found the new compass, love it.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Stewy,
I don't know if I found a bug or could be a booby trap in
Spoiler
the spider room underground. I went back in cemetery and use the grapple to get down in a hole. I touched the big rock and it disappeared. I though I found a secret passage and walked where was the big rock. Then I suddenly lost 3 champions, I looked around but didn't see anything. Only Michael was strong enough to survive this invisible attack but not for long a second later he died./spoiler]

I found 2 places against the walls to use the
Spoiler
grapple
but only 1 place work to climb up the pipe but I'm stuck up there, I need more keys to open passages. The only place I could play a little was with
Spoiler
the Gargoyles eggs
That was fun but that's it, I'm stuck I can't do more. Some pipes does not mentioned the message that I can't go down but does not work. I couldn't even climb down at the same pipe where I came from.

I'm glad I did a separate save for that exploration otherwise I could be forced to restart a new game. I will continue my search in the cemetery, for more keys. I could miss some places... I love this game.

I found a few rune stones right... but I can't cast anything else then fireballs. Stewy the SOAB with his Machiavellian brain,
Spoiler
spread them randomly all over the place.
Good job Stewy!

You should see my larder. Is full of food, medicine plants and anything I brought back for my searches. It's look like Alibaba's cave. I kept everything I able to bring with me.
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Clodious I made the same mistake on the roof.
Spoiler
there are a couple of places where you can climb down, just move between the pipes slowly so that the message about the pipes being unsafe to climb down disappears, when you approach the pipe where the message doesn't appear then you know that's the one you can climb down.
Credit to Chaos for that hint.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

it was one of stewy's master plans. Clodius, think outside the box on this dungeon, and when things do not follow common sense, that stewy has left a scroll or some other indication otherwise, also, being a great dungeon planner, he mostly left necessary items near by as to a clue what to do. a very well planned dungeon.

i'll be playing it this afternoon, I have all the runes, tons of clothes and armour, lots to play with.

masta, did you figure out the trolin or that gate that keeps opening and closing? I am missing a heart and some pyro, still searching. did you figure out the stairs in the moving monsters room, are those stairs just there to tease us?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos I have restarted the game again. Even though I am replaying it my mind has gone blank on a couple of things. One is the spell book which I havent found yet, and the other is how to get past the second gate in the graveyard where you use a skeleton key for the first door, kill the fat one with the tentacles and then you come across a gate similar to the ones on the roof. Chaos did you find the Cloak of night you were looking for because I have come across one in one of the pits in the grave yard.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Master,

You find the spell book after you
Spoiler
climb down the hole in the roof near the eggs. The spell book is in this interior level behind the locked door (break the skull for the key).
To get past that gate and get the
Spoiler
key you have to free, then kill, the skeletons in the pit below the gravestone.
Chaos,

I never did figure out how to free the trolin or get to the stairs in the monster zoom room. Glad to hear you finally made it past the compass puzzle.

I remember where I got the last two
Spoiler
hearts. One was in the pits with all the doors where the emerald keys are used, the other was at the door that you have to go through the giggler room to open (near the rat trap).
Last edited by DM_Player on Fri May 09, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

if I can find that last heart n pyro, i have a new map, i feel there is a lot more to this dungeon. i guess that leads to the honeycombs level. i'll be making another go at this game today.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have climb down the pit near the gargoyle eggs, gone through the large room and then I come to a closed door. I have tried fire balling it, and using every sort of weapon but still cant open it. Bet its something really simple. Anyone know how to get through?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

masta, do some reading, look inside, throw it. make sure you view items you find there.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Chaos its the door before the library I cant open. The one at the end of the corridor.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Master,

Isn't there a lever switch just to the left of this door?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

does the door have a gold keyhole masta? if not it is where DMplayer says it is. there is a little inlet just before the door that has the switch, then after that comes the gold key door.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

There is no keyhole whatsoever. If you go down the pit by the gargoyle nest it takes you into a room with a few bookshelves in it. You then go through into a small corridor with 3 pictures in, one of them in the picture featured on page 4 of this thread. At the end of the corridor is a red wooden door. I know from playing it before that it takes you into another room with bookshelves in it.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

there is a moveable wall, have a look with the magic map, you'll see it. there are 2 inlets, one with a window and curtains, the other is hidden, maybe try moving the curtains, i'll have to go back there to check it out.
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Got it.
Spoiler
You have to replace the picture in the other room so that it open the recess to the lever
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I'm still stuck up there and can't climb down any pipes. I found some with no messages but it does not work. Even near the
Spoiler
gargoyle nest, there is a vent I should climb down with my grapple
but it's no use.
Spoiler
Try me!
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Clodius,

The grapple doesn't work like a rope. To climb down you have to hold the grapple in the mouse and touch where you want to climb down. To climb up you hold it in a characters hand and click climb up.

I know that there is a climb down action when in the grapple is in a characters hand, but it doesn't work.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Thanks for that precision DM Player. With your help I finally found the Vi rune.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

hhehehe, stewy is just messing with us with the grapple.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

CS How did you manage to pass through these horses gates on the top of the castle?
Spoiler
some of them have no key hole and one have a rectangle black hole beside. Like Masta I tried the same trick with the gargoyle egg, but it did not work
I'm also missing a gold key down in the corridor with the pictures.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

you will find the keys and or levers needed, must go through all the pipes. those horse gates were tough, and there are a few out there.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I got the last pipe done, now where do I need to go, I need pyro and heart, but I feel a bit lost as to what the pipes challenge done as to where I should go next.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I found only another pipe going down
Spoiler
leading to Vi rune, the others pipes I got message I can't go down. I also went down by the vent leading to the house with pictures
. the door at the end need a key that I don't have also the horses gates up there are blocked. After all energy I spent to get the gargoyles eggs out, I don't believe that was for nothing.
Spoiler
Try me!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Approach the pipes
Spoiler
slowly so that the message from the previous pipes has disappeared off screen. That way when you approach the next set of pipes it will or wont display a message. If it doesn't display a message then you can climb down it. I think there are 4 pipes you can go down. The one you came up. The one going down into a room, the one to get the VI rune and the one where you get attacked by the soldiers. On the soldier one search under their dropped clubs for the key you want for the black rectangular keyhole, its actually a skeleton key but fits the triangular slot.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:... I need pyro and heart, but I feel a bit lost as to what the pipes challenge done as to where I should go next.

... sounds like a song lyric to me :D

Chaos,

I don't remember for sure where all the pyros are. I didn't use the
Spoiler
the two from the graveyard with the sand to make flasks this 2nd time through, as I new I needed pyros to use with the hearts
The 4 heart pieces can be found at
Spoiler
1st one in the alcove next to the firestaff wall in the DM level, 2nd in the alcove in the pits where the emerald keys are used, 3rd in an alcove behind the 4 gem lock doors, 4th is behind the rat trap door after the dragon door on the level that the hearts are used
As I recall, at least 2 of the hearts have pyros with them, maybe they all did as I still have
Spoiler
the 2 active pyros that I didn't use to make flasks.
The dungeon seems to be fairly linear at this point, so I'm not following your question about what to do next? After you put the
Spoiler
7 pipes in place, didn't the magic ring after the electric grid floor activate?
You just go into it and keep going down into the dungeon.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I did all that. I drew a map of the top roof corridors.
Spoiler
There are 7 pipes and the vent. only 2 pipes let me down to the ground field, the 5 others are weak and the vent lead me to the room with pictures. I can't find the one leading to soldiers
Spoiler
Try me!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Have you found the pipes
Spoiler
that lead you down to the ants yet. If you kill all the ants then you should get the skeleton key if you look under them, this will open up another area in the castle
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

No, maybe you referring to another roof section I did not visit yet. Do I need to bring something or do something to open one of these horse doors?
Spoiler
I found 2 pipes from the fire camp in the primary field, but only one give me access to the roof. From the top of where I am, there is only 2 pipes of 7 and the vent who are leading somewhere.
Spoiler
Try me!