[RTC] Parallel Universe

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: [RTC] Parallel Universe

Post by Jan »

I can't help you too much, so the following spoiler doesn't tell almost anything: :(
Spoiler
Do you mean the original Dragon room or the new one? If the original one - well, then I can't help you, it's simple, you either kill them or they'll kill you. In the new one - it's similar except there's a force field at the entrance to the room that doesn't enable them to follow you back so you can lure them to the entrance and then use the hit-and-run tactics and rest in a safe place. Never fight them inside the large hall! I used the Vorpal blade of course. And don't worry, there are just a few of them and as far as I can tell they don't seem to respawn.
My advantage is that I'm playing with one character only so I can out-turn their fireballs (theoretically - in practice they're too fast usually). More importantly - I found that in RTC:
- if there's a single Materialiser, he tends to move to a side of the square (he doesn't stay in the centre) so I simply put my character on the other side and he can't hit me
- if there's a group of them, they usually don't cast their fireballs and other spells in a "salvo" (all at one time), but independently on each other, so I move my character to face the Materialiser that has just casted the fireball and I do it everytime any of them shoots
Plus of course I've got a few MON VI potions at hand - with my current HP one Materialiser's fireball still hurts me badly but can't kill me.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

The materialisers do not regenerate, there are only a few. The faders (once you get there) will do but very slowly, just one pad triggers them.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Have found the wall maze after killing the big nasty dragon. Is there anything of value in there. Think that the square key might be hidden in there somewhere. Am I right or wrong.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Right ;-)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Square key? Which one? That one that leads to the "Gem" area (in the original DM)? It's elsewhere. Or are there more Square keys needed on this level? Well, the truth is that I haven't found anything in the maze. :( I wish I had time to continue playing. :|
PaulH wrote:The faders (once you get there) will do but very slowly
Slowly? You call that "slowly"?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ah sorry, one of the elemental keys. One is 'square' lol.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Alright, this week's progress has been quite poor. I'm stuck on all fronts. :( The only thing I found was that FUL-rune-key
Spoiler
(from the demon)
. :(

I can't solve the fake-wall maze. I tried to make a map but because it's all the same with no points of reference (like in the Dragon Maze in CSB) I always push a wrong key accidentally and loose my position. It's hopeless. :(

I also can't solve the area with many pits (visible and invisible). I managed to close some of them (and got to the place where there's an invisible pit to your left and visible ones to the right and in front) but still can't proceed. I tried throwing stuff to all directions but it doesn't help. :(

Finally, I didn't find anything interesting in the area with many eyes on the walls. Well, here it might be my fault, I guess I should go back and look more carefully. That's my only hope.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Here is a map of the level:

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87 ... mmap-3.jpg
Spoiler
With the pit area, there is a button circled in red which closes a pit. But if you have the ful key then it is completed.
Spoiler
You need to push the red circled eye button 3 times to open a wall
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Thanks. Alright, got two more keys - one from the eye-walls (pretty tricky!) and one from the maze. Still can't find the fourth one, even with your map. I can't get over the pits to the circled button. How do I get there? From the northern side I can't cross the three pits (one invisible and two visible), from the southern side I can't cross the two pits (one visible and one invisible) leading to the door plus I can't open the door from the other side. How do I get there?
PaulH wrote:With the pit area, there is a button circled in red which closes a pit. But if you have the ful key then it is completed.
Nope. I don't get it. I see that there's a tiny button in one of the walls in the room where I killed the demon with the key. I can't remember if I pushed it or not but I can't push it now.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You must have crossed the pits to get to the button if you are stood in front of the button try it! How else did you get there?

There are only 3 elemntal keys to find.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ah I see what has happened, I forgot to remove a transporter field that leads into the end room with the demon! If you have the key then you have completed the area.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I'm not quite sure if we understand each other. I'm simply not able to get behind the pits to the button you circled on the map. :!:

I've got three keys now - one from the demon, one from the fake-walls-maze and one from the area with moving pits (in the eye-on-walls section).

What shall I do now? How do I get the fourth key? :?: (don't hurry with your answer, I can continue playing only on Saturday)

EDIT:
PaulH wrote:There are only 3 elemntal keys to find.
D'oh - alright, I've just noticed that. I understand now. Boy, I'm a silly goat. :wink: Sorry for this confusion. OK, so I've got everything I need I guess. So, to make it clear - I can't get cross the pits to the button you circled, right?

Alright, so on Saturday I will proceed. :)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You don't HAVE to get across lol. But if you must, then is a case of throwing items onto invisible pads. The map should show where they are.

But you are ready to proceed to the next area... Good luck ;-)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have now got through the 3 doors. What is the object of the next area? Do I have to find anything specifically?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Keep exploring and try and cross the water.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Okay I have the
Spoiler
magic boat
but can't work out what to do with it.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Just put it in your backpack - now try the water ;-)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

That was obvious - not. Got as far as the
Spoiler
flying fish but can't kill it. I notice that sometimes I can go one further square into the cave but others times it blocks me.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

You had a boat in your possession and you didn't think to step on the water? I'll put instructions with it in v2.

You need to kill the fish, they are not particularly difficult.

As for the caves, there is nothing that blocks you - except maybe a fish underwater.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Did I read it right Paul when you said that the fish were not difficult to kill. Is that why I have spent 20 minutes trying to kill one and still haven't succeeded. Is there a way to kill them easily then, can you use spells on them or its it just weapons.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It took me about 5 mins to kill all of them with the Stone Mace and Vorax/Executioner, they have health of 180, 250, and 800. In fact I killed one with one hit! Magic doesn't work as well. Try some strength potions too.

There is another super weapon that can be got, but is a hard fight in itself. Look for an island in the lake.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

In fact I just loaded my test game, with the super weapon I cleared all three in 15 seconds. But as above, is a very hard fight to get it, but will be useful for the finale.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Concerning the boat Paul. My first reaction was to put in onto the lake (as you would), only to loose it.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't played this yet -- but yes, that sounds like a serious design flaw! :P
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Have you not found the Davy Jones storage facilities? All items on the lake float off, or sink, and end up here.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Yes I did, but didn't realise the connection.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have added a new version, 1.1.

Has the armour of some monsters softened, a new weapon, more objects and hints (towards the end).
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I now have
Spoiler
Pulse Rife, 2 Cover plates, sprocket and vacuum fuse
. I am in the caves on the far side of the lake and am in a cave that needs a
Spoiler
gem
. What do I do next and where can I locate the missing
Spoiler
gem
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
One of the fish drops the gem, so will end up in the Storage Facility. The plates, sprockets and fuse are just 'crash' debris, so you can drop them as not needed.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Think I am through to the end creature. It looks like something that Zedduke has in one of his latest creations. How do you recommend I tackle this thing as he moreorless kills with one touch. I have the
Spoiler
Firestaff available