[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Matter [RTC] [Ouch!]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lee
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Dungeons Matter released

Post by Lee »

Awwwwohhh no, this is what I was afraid of. 4 of 8 riddles done but the other 4 are nothing in my possession and I've brought one of everything upstairs with me from the master room. Either I've missed many things or they're behind the last RA door... or worse, both.

I'm not starting from the beginning right now, this will need a lengthy break methinks.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

OK, so I just need the 'light' riddle solved to get through the door now.

BUT... I need silver coins and this is going to take some time folks.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Finished! *phew*

Be right back, gonna check my wallet and empty any silver coins I have into the toilet.
gerganrab
Apprentice

Post by gerganrab »

you will clog up the pipes
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Nothing a Des Ew shouldn't fix.

As long as I don't have to see any more bloody coins :mrgreen:
Zargon
Novice

Post by Zargon »

Just finished this dungeon. Very nice dungeon - some awesome puzzles and challenges, like the
Spoiler
materializers in the fake maze and the deth knights in the crystal maze
. Loved some of the monster combos as well, e.g.
Spoiler
dragons + rives, and Lord Chaos + Stone Golems
. Felt a real sense of achievement beating it. I'm afraid I had to cheat with some of the
Spoiler
silver coins
, as I just don't have the time these days to scour every single floor tile in a dungeon looking for blended-in stuff.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

This was fast !
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Zargon
Novice

Post by Zargon »

terkio wrote:This was fast !
:?: :?: :?

I spent several weeks doing it! I thought that was quite slow...
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Sorry, from your joining date, 9-Feb, I ( wrongly ) figured you did it in four days. Indeed, this excellent dungeon takes weeks.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi

i stuck in the chaos level, i get all alcove item in the pit moving room. I opened the door with several moving locks "only 1 heal pot inside :-( ". but i cannot pass the two pads door.

i red all the topics but didn't find any hints

Another question:
It seems there is one power rune by floor, but i didn't find the "on" rune in the 3rd floor.

Thx
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Spoiler
The On rune is near the alcove where you found a Vorpal Blade
The two pads door at the chaos level is such a sweat puzzle, I do not want to spoil it. :twisted:
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

I found the On run the scroll was under a pile of boulder and stones ....

> The two pads door at the chaos level is such a sweat puzzle, I do not want to spoil it.

Just two questions:
Does the lock is usefull ?
To continue this dungeon the solve of this puzzle is mandatory ?
Last edited by jahmiann on Sat May 10, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

To continue this dungeon you must solve this puzzle.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Thx terkio, i found the solution. Always this silly graphic bug with grey key on grey floor (i find the fisrt ra key). I now reach to zoom
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I am glad you are on your way.
I agree; The grey keys are hard to see on the floor. In this dugeon I had a hard time to find a couple of those.
Let us consider this is not a bug; It is a feature to make the dungeon more challenging. :)
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

hi

i progress in this dungeon. I opened the first set of ra doors and get hardcleave. I get the file Dark and lyte full amor set. i found all the square keys.

I found several silver coin.

1 in first level (in the first room)
2 in the canyon level (kill a flying lizard)
3 in the chaos level (near the door of two pressure pad)
4 in the zoom level (after the monster pressure pad with pit)
5 in half-a-loop (near the fountain)

Silver coin missed (the cave, coliseum, move quickly, the level with the master room)
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

hI

A update on my progess, i collect 3 ra kays the last is in the teleport maze :('

But once inside i don't the any to way to exit or reach special room with ra kay.

Please help me if you have some tips

Regards
Ouch!
Apprentice

Post by Ouch! »

I uploaded text data of this quest here !
http://www.geocities.jp/zeldaclassic1/f ... Matter.zip

Copy and paste this URL.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi outch

Greate thx a lot for this link.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Hi, I am stuck at the Chaos-Level -

- I passed the first 4 RA-key-doors (to the golems and hardcleave), but then I have only 1 RA-key left - and there are like 3-4 more RA-doors... Someone mentioned, there is each 1 RA-key on each "upper" level. What does "upper level" mean? After the "Time-sequence" level with master-lock-room?
Most RA-keys were from the maze-levels (materializers + knights + change-maze + teleport-maze), where to look for other RA-keys?

- I still miss IR-rune...

- On the "Time sequence"-level I cannot open the two doors in the northern fireball-room (where Jewel Symal is). Important?

- where to look for square keys to open all 4 (or five?) doors at the end of Chaos-level? Everywhere downstairs?...

- Some of party members are quite weak with health - between 180 and 240. Is that normal, or you suppose to train them a little?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

stuck at the Chaos-Level -

- I passed the first 4 RA-key-doors (to the golems and hardcleave), but then I have only 1 RA-key left - and there are like 3-4 more RA-doors... Someone mentioned, there is each 1 RA-key on each "upper" level. What does "upper level" mean? After the "Time-sequence" level with master-lock-room?
Most RA-keys were from the maze-levels (materializers + knights + change-maze + teleport-maze), where to look for other RA-keys?
Spoiler
You found Fake maze, Crystal maze, Change maze and Teleport maze. you miss Chaos, Zoom, Hall of loops, Move quickly
- I still miss IR-rune...
Spoiler
It is at the level with lots of fireball shooters
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

OK! In between got another RA at Zoom, and now I am trying to pass those cross-key doors. I suppose all cross-keys are on Chaos level... - I found one so far.

I also supposed the IR-rune is at the fireball-level - as I wrote , there are 2 doors I still cannot access, so maybe the IR is there...

Hall of Loops: There must be a reason why I have so many GOR-coins...

Move quickly - I hate this level, but okay, it is logical now that I have to get one RA on each upper level.

Thanks!
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I also supposed the IR-rune is at the fireball-level - as I wrote , there are 2 doors I still cannot access, so maybe the IR is there...
Spoiler
Yes
- On the "Time sequence"-level I cannot open the two doors in the northern fireball-room (where Jewel Symal is). Important?
Spoiler
Yes
Hall of Loops: There must be a reason why I have so many GOR-coins...
Spoiler
Yes
- where to look for square keys to open all 4 (or five?) doors at the end of Chaos-level? Everywhere downstairs?...
Spoiler
Cross keys are at Chaos-level
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Cross keys.
Spoiler
Not sure you find all at Chaos level because one of them is carried by a muncher so, it might drop down a pit
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Your cross-key-hint saved me, now finally I am in the control room and have the firestaff.
time to go up to fight golems, or try to see what happens if i manage to create over 60 antmen and squeeze them in all control-rooms, so each plate is activated (which has not to happen, since sometimes 2 antmen manage to stand on one file...)

Well, maybe I will just go up to fight the golems, seems more funny than screaming on antmen... :D
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Good to see you are back in business.
It is pretty violent upstairs. May be you'll need more training for higher healths.
I had done so, early in the game ( at the canyon level ) to train all my champions in all 4 skills.
Training, in the original DM game, raises experience faster in lower levels. I do not know wether this is implemented in RTC and do not know about "Dungeons Matters" where level difficulty is inverted ( more difficult going up ).
Fighters with inquisitors ( my favorite ) full to the brim of Ku potions are quick slayers.
Is there another interesting RTC game you've played, something in the style of "Dungeons Matters" but smaller.
Some wortwhile game I could have a go and not spend too much time.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Hi,
Well, so far I managed to finish 3 of 4 Dragon-rooms (tricky, with 2 dragons + other ghost-monsters together!), and killed like 20 golems - but they seem to respawn somehow...
My health is still low - Hawk 181, Azizi 238 (both Expert fighter), Elija 227, Jedi 308 (both craftsman fighter). I regulary train them when getting food at the master-key-room killing worms.

Still thinking how to get all antment at the plates in control room - it takes a lot of time and is boring... But there must be a reason for all those button/plates there...

About other cool DM-games but smaller: I discovered this forum just last year, but managed to play and finish a lot of dungeons. My favorite were the three "Escape"-dungeons (a lot of riddles), "Gem of Ra", "Two lovers" (great to see vexirxs fighting...), "Reactor", "Angels Egg", "Sleepers". Other, but big as "Dungeons Matter" were "Sukimvit", "Srugical Strike" and "Taurons Lair" and "doom of Blade". And of course "Conflux 3" - if you have like 6 months time to finish it... :-)
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Golems do respawn.
Training every champion at all 4 skills raises health faster. You gain a skill level quicker on low levels, so finaly you gain health quicker training on low skills.
Dungeons I played: Two lovers, Reactor, Surgical Strike.
I had a go at: Verirk Catacomb, done few floor levels, now I need to map those for a restart.
The dungeons I like most are the ones from Saumun.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Pheeeww!!! DONE!
After destroying my eyes while searching for enough silver coins to solve the last riddle (nice one!).
Then the old good original DM-way of activating the firestaff, go to Lord Chaos, and kill him!
Actually tha fact that there were so many golems around helped me! - I was lucky no to be hit, stood near the stairs down, Chaos came over, and was stuck between a golem, a wall, me and stairs... Quick fluxcaging and he was gone!...

BTW, it was funny to meet the two dragons in the room with the firestaff-activation - one cannot help but to press EVERY button... :)

I am a guy who likes both riddles (not too hard like in Dark Portal!), medium dungeons, more or less linear, and a good mix of fighting and riddles.
Therefore in "Dungeons Matter" I liked:
- the development from "easy" to "hard"
- not too big levels
- some new ideas (mazes! however I HATE the one with materializers, really hard if your party has healthpoins below 200!!)
- humor with riddles, great! ("your future", "covers two dreams"...- though I always take Azizi if available..)

What I disliked was the upper levels (mazes) - at some point it is only VERY HARD (save, try, resume...) and you need a lot of time...
And of course the searching for silver coins...
much more I liked the riddles in 3rd level or Loom-level.

Some "quick"-tasks were hard, like the room in the middle of Zoom with Vexirxs and plates turning, or the gem-buttons in "Time sequence"

What I admire is the parallels / inspirations from original DM:
- linear game, with an important room in the middle and second stairway
- the finish is similar, just "upside down" and much harder: not one, but several dragons (and a tactic to fight them despite other monsters in room).
and Lord Chaos "a level below".

thanks, it was a joy!
Ouch!
Apprentice

Post by Ouch! »

New homepage link

http://zeldaclassic.ninja-web.net/Dunge ... nload.html

Does anyone upload playing movie this quest ? :D