[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Matter [RTC] [Ouch!]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
terkio
Mon Master

Re: [RTC] Dungeons Matter released

Post by terkio »

Good news.
Do you have rusted items ? I hate rusters.
I made sure to never go on with rusted stuff, reloading the latest save game before that happens.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

I had already saved before noticing, d'oh! Nevermind, I found another one. My problem now is weight, nobody can carry even 0.1kg more without going yellow and I'm trying to keep one of each object I encounter because I know there's a riddle room coming up :lol:

I'll have no choice but to drop some stuff and have to go back for it if needed.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Hello, what's new, where are you in the dungeon ?
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

I just started playing again, my apologies but when I get in the mood to play Birth of the Federation I can get stuck for quite a while! OK, I did the time switches, fire baaaalll and hell fire stuff, about to use the Master Key.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Ugh, sadly I don't have the patience right now to deal with random blue hazes, alcoves appearing and disappearing and pits deciding to open up wherever they want while tasting the pretty poison clouds. Got the Speedbow from the Oitus which was fun, nothing like hacking them to pieces while making annoying noises with a horn. I did notice a Morningstar in one of the alcoves before it disappeared again, there's tons and tons of weapons in this game and I just don't know which ones to keep given the riddle room coming up somewhere.

I shall return another day.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

A bit stuck now... I have a Skeleton key, a Key of B... I'm guessing these are for things I missed earlier on. I have a Cross key which I think I will need shortly, and the Master key for the room with the tapestries on the wall.

According to this thread I should be finding a silver coin on this Chaos level so I need to look for that, I just hope it's not in the stupid poison room. Do I really need that Morningstar? I seem to have everything else.

It looks like I need to solve the two pressure plate puzzle to keep the ornate door open *sigh*
Last edited by Lee on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

You are perfectly right about the keys.
The silver coin on this Chaos level is not in the mad poison room.
The Morningstar is not a must.
The ornate door two pressure plate puzzle is a beauty. So simple, once it is solved.
Jan wrote: That's probably one of the smartest - and yet technically simplest - puzzles I've ever seen! :P
Last edited by terkio on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Well, like Jan I must be using bananas instead of logic because I can't figure it out.

Tried my other keys in the lock nearby, no fake walls or buttons, Zo doesn't work, leaving something on the first plate doesn't work, leaving LOTS of things on the first plate doesn't work, freezing a Oitu on the first plate doesn't work, throwing a rock through the door doesn't work, scaring a Oitu through the door and having it wander around the other side doesn't work, shouting and cursing at the door while bumping into it doesn't work...

I surrender.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Blowing my horn at the door didn't work :mrgreen:
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Oh wait, the stairs are staring me straight in the face, surely not...

EDIT: *sigh* what a ****** :oops:
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

On your way. :D See you soon on the next levels.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

About to start zoom, need a break first.

Because I have those old keys I can't help but feel there's plenty more I've missed, have that bad feeling!
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Right...

I completed all three ways of zoom, now at the hall of loop. I found a coin slot on the wall and put a Gor coin, now I have 4 more but I can't find the bloody slot now!

There's a room with switches everywhere that open up walls with flying yellow eyes. I see there's an alcove hidden behind the last wall but not sure how to get to it?

Found a solid key on the floor, is this for the keyhole on the hall of loop level? (not the cross keyhole, that looks like it will open up to the stairs again).
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

The room with the 5 levers.
Spoiler
One of the 32 lever positions gives acces to the alcove.
The solid key is hard to find.
Spoiler
it does open a small room in the hall of loops.
Opening to the stairs again.
Spoiler
This needs a square key
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Definitely missing stuff. In hall of loop there's a place for a blue gem and upstairs in move quickly there's a place for a green gem but I don't have.

Also remembered downstairs somewhere there were four doors right next to each other in a row, I opened two but moved on as I didn't have more keys. That was probably something that needed to be completed right? I don't mean the Ra doors, I only opened one of those so far.

Now wandering around 'move quickly' but not sure what for. Decided to go back to the master key room to replenish food and water. Are the four alcoves for anything? I used 3 silver coins to get a mirror.

EDIT: Did the lever room terkio and the small room with the shield of darc, don't have a square key to access the stairs though.

Also after putting the coins in to get the stairs I put 2 more in but don't know what it did?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

You need more Gor coins; Yes you must open the 4 doors in a row; These you can do later.
I don' t think you are missing essential stuff. There are plenty of green and blue gems in the dungeon, about at every level. I did not bother using most of them.
Spoiler
To try what the gems provide, you can buy a green a blue and an orange one at the Colosseum
The square key is not in the two small rooms, it is not hidden.
The Move quick is just another level, more goodies and access to the next level.
Spoiler
Once you finish the Move quick, you should own all the runes
Indeed, the master key room is a cosy place for pit stops. The four alcoves are there to help storing your stuff.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Thanks for your help!

A little update... since you mentioned that the four alcoves were for storage I'm worried about things I've dropped randomly around the dungeon due to heaviness and if I will need them later. For now I'm back in the safe room and I've dropped absolutely everything I'm not using and stocked up on food instead so I won't have problems picking things up later. Think I'm gonna take the time to build a few fighter levels for my back line while I'm here and perhaps some wizards for my front line.

I placed all the Gor coins so I now have two Ra doors open. I used one winged key on 'move quickly', I have the 2nd one so I'll head up there after. I still don't find the key to open the stairs on hall of loop though.

EDIT: The only runes I need are Mon and Gor. I'm guessing by what you say that I'll find Gor soon and I've missed Mon somewhere earlier which is OK I think, I could probably get by... right?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Thanks for the update.
Indeed, dropping things randomly around was a bad idea. Don' t worry about this, may be you will not need them and there is nothing lost anyway.
You are very unlucky about the square key. My bad luck was about the solid key.
It looks like you are close to the Move quick level completion.
".....right?" Yes you are doing fine.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

So I completed move quickly, got the square key for the stairs on this level so it's just the hall of loop I'm missing... for now I'll just keep climbing down a hole and make do that way.

Not sure at all what to do next, I've investigated a little.... lots of new places to explore, mazes and stuff. I don't like having choices! Waved at Lord Chaos and got a stone club souvenir but looks busy up there. Went in the changing maze, killed a bunch of demons, pulled some levers, couldn't find anything at all, came back out *shrugs* guess I'll try another one.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Actually I was heading down to the master room and I fell in a pit by accident, landed 2 feet away from the square key I needed :mrgreen:

Also went back to those 4 cross key doors and found the 3rd one just sitting there on the floor in front of the door, d'oh! So got my 3rd ra key in there... one left it looks like.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Decided to come back through from the beginning from the master room, collected a bunch of stuff I'd left behind and brought it back to master. I'm guessing the Mon rune could be behind the ornate door with the 3 skeleton locks? I think I put my last skeleton key in the wrong one and lost it. Also I have 2 copper coins, they don't work in Colosseum... any ideas?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I had a couple of unused coins.
The game is fair. You can' t loose a key in a wrong lock.
The game is perfectly fair and logical. :D This is why I like it so much. :)
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Tired of teleport maze now, I'm through the first bit but I'm fed up of not getting anywhere in the second bit. I've zokathra'd all solid places but my brain is too messed up to continue right now.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Christ almighty, a Ra key was my reward for putting up with that teleport maze??? Ouch! *shakes fist*
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Congratulations.
The second part of the teleporter maze is damn hard.

More mazes to go.
When fed up about those, why don' t you go up at Lord Chaos hedquarters to take it out on his minions. Image
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Brought to you by Terkio's Trip Advisory Board :D
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Heh.

I'm just not enjoying it anymore! TOO much luck needed or too brainbusting to figure out without mapping and I can't be bothered to do that right now. I give up again for a bit, wandering around 'change' maze clicking things and killing demons for no apparant reason until I noticed all 4 of my people went from full food bar to zero food bar.

Where is that Gor rune anyway? And was the Mon behind that ornate door with the skeleton locks? God only knows where I missed a key to open that one.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

OK thanks to terkio the CHANGE MAZE is done, good God in heaven what a chore that was and I honestly would've deleted the game instead of finding the patience to get lucky enough in there LOL
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Aww man, Rusters can mess you up without 'attacking' or making a noise? Just realized my Plate of Lyte is rusted and I've been super careful. I hope that wasn't needed for the riddle room...
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

All mazes finished, one Ra key left which I'm assuming is up with Mr.Chaos somewhere. At least I hope so otherwise I've missed it somewhere!