[RTC] New Dungeon:Castle Lynchegate

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon:Castle Lynchegate

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

you should put arrows on those signs, i've made that recommendation already to ya. maybe a cardinal compass
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

terkio wrote: Most games with verbose NPC turn me off. "When you have to shoot, shoot, don' t talk."
I suggest an objective solution for a good harmony to Castle Lynchgate:

For those who do not love reading lots of texts which don't stop scrolling on the screen and you can count me on this group. You could invite the player has to read manuscripts in libraries or other places and not to force him/her by shooting quantity of messages. In certain games like OBLIVION IV, the player has the leisure to read tons of manuscripts and books almost everywhere in the game, it is educational and that lets the freedom to the player choose to inform on things to do or simply run away on his/her luck to find the clues. Make the player search himself instead direct him/her.

Respectfully for hard workers :D
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

don't read, can't pass the next puzzle. very nice

linear but not linear. newber likes lin, experienced likes newber, catch 44. awesome
keep your gor coin handy
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I can see now where the castle AI map came about.

automap woudl be awesome, but impossible:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... ap#p132805

lots of points about getting lost, samey looking paths, NPC interaction unclear.
Personally, thought it worked ok as a narrative but let down by long and boring paths between sections: recommend edit, reduce map to about one-quarter size.

AI was not clear, but seemed to work: skeletons were being killed on-screen before I met the missing guards. NPcs in combat is gonig to be difficult to manage in this view as you cannot see what is gong on.

Times like this, map views like the Banville project could actually help, if you have a fast-travel system attached. Perhaps use a similar image to give the guards tactics?

it was ok though. no idea how the rest of the project has got along: there's a city, a demo dungeon and this intro forest... are they linked or not?
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

he'll return to it in time boyflea, he's exploring the internet workforce. using an old technique similar to pyramid scheme, can work if he gets the right connections.
keep your gor coin handy