[Custom dungeon] The Chaos Mirror [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] The Chaos Mirror

Post by Saumun »

If you remember where you got the other three keys from (or which door you haven't opened), i can tell you which one you're missing and how to get it.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

That's the problem: I don't remember where I find the keys, as they are all the same :)

I opened 3 doors (which have a losange button behind): 1 in the area of the fireballs launcher, 1 in the area of the dragon and 1 in an area with sheletons and other monsters to fight. The last door I can't open (since I don't have the key) is the one juste after "Cross me and you will be sorry" message.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay... i'll split the four areas as best i can.

Northwest:
Spoiler
The key is in front of a fireball launcher.
Northeast:
Spoiler
The key is on a pressure pad in the middle of where you step into the blue hazes. Stepping on the pad opens a wall further on.
Southwest:-
Spoiler
The key is being teleported through the hazes in the dragon room.
Southeast:-
Spoiler
The key is in an alcove, in a small room with two vampyres (this is around the same area as the "Cross Me" puzzle).
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Thank you Saumun, your description is perfect :). I had missed the one with the 4 teleports... I was just mentionning yesterday! But I had not understood exactly what was going on with those teleports :)

Now, back on track... thanks again, Saumun!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

No problem... Always happy to help!
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Hi,

I slightly went further but I'm stuck another time in the dark way: from the start level, I went down a level. I went down another level through stairs but, after that, I'm in a small corridor (may be 6 or 7 steps long and find nothing to get the way open. Is there something to do here or somewhere else to open the way ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Is this from the stairs near the dragon room? If so, this part can be very tough because there are no clues.
Spoiler
When you go down the stairs, walk to the end of the corridor... but keep facing forward. Then go back towards the stairs, but don't turn. You'll see a wall open to your right. Step into it and into the next corridor. Again... don't turn or the wall will close.
Spoiler
I don't know if you want to know the rest. Some people prefer minimal help, so let me know if you do. You have to do something in each corridor to get through, but the others are much easier to work out.
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Thank you Saumun, you gave me precious information (just at the right level for me :). Indeed, this challenge was quite hard!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I noticed I started playing this game a while ago, will get back to it in the future.
keep your gor coin handy
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Hi,

I'm stuck one more time in the "black" way (damn, this way is really hard or I'm really dumb... the "green" way was not so hard, I believe :)): I have to solve the "Order and Chaos" riddle but don't succeed to do it: I have noticed some interesting things but not enough, I guess. For example, in the "Order" way, after stepping on some pads, I heard that something happen (and it seems that I'm teleported in a place completely identical to the initial one) but, after that, I dont'know what to do... this always end by telling me "Start again". I guess I have to do someting here before going to "Chaos" way but don't know what...
Spoiler
Another thing (I don't know if this is important): it seems that no spell can be launched in this area... is it intended and what for?
Any clue to get out of it ?
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Indeed, the green path is the easiest, the black one the hardest
The chaos/order puzzle is very tough, the most difficult one in this dungeon,
Yes, you cannot cast spells; Do not pay attention to this, it doesn't help to solve the puzzle, the reason of this is a fast way to hide a minor defect.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Certainly...
Spoiler
As the clues on the scrolls say... Before you restore order from chaos, you must first make chaos from order.
So first you go to the 'Order' section, which has an ordered, symmetrical figure 8 shape, and you must spell out the word CHAOS by walking on the pads to make the shape of the letters. Each time you form a letter, you'll hear a zap sound. If you step on any pads that are not part of the letter you're shaping, the whole thing resets and you have to start again.
There are a couple more things to do after this to get to the black switch, but they're pretty easy.
Spoiler
In the other section (Chaos), you must make order. There are maze like twists and turns that you must make into ordered symmetry.
Spoiler
One other thing... Remember or write down the spell on the other scroll (Oh Ir), because you'll need it eventually.
EDIT: Looks like i was typing this at the same time as Terkio... As he said, the no-magic parts are not important.
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Thank you 2 for the advice. I finally finished the "black" way and I'm glad to hear that it was the hardest one :).
Spoiler
I did not find where to use the 3rd scroll information but I think it was not mandatory (may be I missed a minor thing?).
In some days, I will go to the "red" or "yellow" way... I'll tell you :).
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Shawax...
Spoiler
You don't need the spell from the scroll yet, but you will need it eventually.
Spoiler
The black path probably is the hardest. The yellow path is similar in some ways, but differently laid out. The red path is not as puzzling but is easy to get lost in.
Mac Addict
Apprentice

Post by Mac Addict »

Ugh, I'm stuck in the Ebon/black way. I've found the black diamond in the Chaos section. I thought this was going to be the last diamond to get to the blood key at the back of the buried room, but surprisingly, there was nothing there. Have I missed another black diamond somewhere? I've looked everywhere in the accessible parts of this section, even gone back down into the basement sections. Nothing. Need a hint.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Few years since I looked at this, and I no longer have the text file... but if memory serves me there are ten black diamond-shaped buttons.
Four each on the lower two floors, and one each in the 'chaos' and 'order' sections on the top floor.
You mention pressing the one in the 'chaos' section. Have you completed the 'order' section?
Mac Addict
Apprentice

Post by Mac Addict »

Yeah, I completed the order section as well. I was under the impression that the button in the chaos section would be the last one. Guess I'll have to check the lower levels again. There was only one lower section where I couldn't find a button, the bottom section where you have the three "traps" where you step in and have to fight either death nights, black worms, and orange spider guys. I didn't see a button there. I didn't understand the point of this area.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I think another passage opens nearby when you clear the three rooms.
Mac Addict
Apprentice

Post by Mac Addict »

Hmm.... Cleared out all those rooms. Didn't see another passage, but I'll take another look.
Mac Addict
Apprentice

Post by Mac Addict »

Is it possible there is a bug here? One of the death knights was able to escape out of the first trap area by fluke I think, and I had to kill it in the hallway leading to the trap. Could that have somehow caused the passage to not open up?

I just can't find anything here. I've looked for hidden buttons and tapped all walls.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah, that will be the problem.
Wasn't aware of the bug, but they need to be in the room.
Unfortunately I no longer have the text file. Lost in a hard drive failure, so I cannot fix it.
Hope it doesn't send you back too far.
Mac Addict
Apprentice

Post by Mac Addict »

It's okay, I've moved on to Dark Reign. I'll come back to this again later. I started with this path and haven't touched the other three. Heard that this was the hardest one.