[RTC] New Dungeon: Return to Skullkeep (Beta)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Return to Skullkeep (Beta)

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I'm lost... I have both keys you talked about, but can't find where is/are the doors. I've been exploring and re-exploring everywhere for like 1 hour,
Spoiler
with "footprints" on
, and still can't find where to go. I also know of 3 doors that I can't open (
Spoiler
the main door, obviously, and I haven't find any of its keys for now, and two doors in the woods around Eli's house
).
Spoiler
I think (not sure) I destroyed all the cave pillars that seem to lead somewhere, I pushed a cave button too.
Any tip?

Various remarks:
I've found a scroll with
Spoiler
"remaining time"
on it... Don't tell me that it's true.
Spoiler
If you think a player would appreciate to get a "too late, try again" message after playing for 24h, well then I think you're wrong.
I had a crash to desktop as a bomb exploded in my inventory, I don't know if anything can be done about that, not a major bug anyway...
There is a typo in Bane's name.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Ok, forget it, I've found where to go. I thought I explored everything there, I guess I was wrong...
I forgot one tiny problem (well, I think): there is an alternative wallset floor object that should not be there in the zone with thorn demons.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Thanks for the tips.
- The remaining time. You are probably right, but I was experimenting with the mechanics. This will probably also go to the hardcore version.
- Wallset problem: fixed.
- Typo: fixed.
- Bomb problem: Hmmm. Not sure if anything can be done about that, but I will try.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

I've been making some progress: I've got two clan keys now.
Two questions:
Spoiler
- Why do I get killed when stepping on the tile where Het is? I think I had to destroy the rubble in front of her twice, which is weird already.
- I forgot this one: there is a text saying something like "come with no light" in Eli's house I think. I never understood what to do there, I hope it has nothing to do with the reintroduced FUL spell?
and what I think about the champions at this points, since they are one of the best points in your dungeon, I guess it might be usefull for balancing if you want to (well, that will just be my opinion, you should preferably compare it with what other people did/thought):
Spoiler
I like finding champions scattered all around, but they are usually quite weak when I find them. I just found Aliai, who looks like he could replace one of my members (Saros), but for the other champions I met and the other members I have (Kol, Jarod, Uggo), I've never been wanting to change. Even if thinking about how strong they could become after gaining levels, it seems to me that it won't be interesting to recruit them at all.
Concerning my party members, Saros is my best wizard, but he doesn't have that much more mana than the others, and with the rune restriction, being an high level wizard doesn't make him more interesting, especially knowing that he is much weaker in health and stamina (I'll replace him because of the stamina...), even after using a bow to gain ninja levels and training for fighter levels... All in all, it seems like fighters are largely advantaged over wizards: more health, more stamina, about the same mana, quickly the same capacity to cast spells due to the runes restriction, and overall better attributes. I might be underusing the unique capacities of each champion though.
Kol and Jarod are my main fighters, but they also have nearly as much mana as Saros. Uggo is not as good as Kol and Jarod in any aspect. Kol and Jarod's unique capacities also are very powerful (the food is of importance to me in your dungeon, I even bought some, that's nice). So, it seems to me like Kol and Jarod are beasts compared to the other heroes, at least to those I've been plaing with...
Well, since I have to discover everything, I might have had more time to cast spells to train on magic, explaining why Kol and Jarod are that good at spellcasting... But still, I think pure wizards such as Saros should get a strong advantage on mana since they are disadvantaged by rune restrictions.
I guess that's very hard to find the good balance for this... Hope it will be useful. It will be useful to me to think about it as I'll probably propose some champions to find in various places of my dungeon as well.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Thanks for the info, concerning your points:
- This is a bug and has been fixed.
- Indeed,
Spoiler
If you keep the torch at the upper level in the sconce a passage will open leading to a FUL rune. But now that I think of it, with the changed beginning this instruction does not have a sense, since this torch is not your first and only source of light by the time you discover this puzzle. Any suggestions?
-
Spoiler
It is not only about mana capacity, but also about speed of mana regeneration. Saros regenerates mana like a beast, especially if you give him fine clothes, sandals and some amulet. His final spell is also very deadly. Kol's and Jarod's not so much, the monsters they can summon will merely serve as an distraction to more advanced enemies (but I will nerf their attributes now that I look at it, thanks for pointing that out). Do not also forget that Saros has a master key, which helps you to get easy access to the keep. Uggo's special abilities are very deadly against strong enemies, especially bosses, if used tactically. Seri has golden key from the start boosting your early game and her ability to diarm traps makes progression much easier. Torham is a good for beginning to help you with cooking food, orientation and harvesting plants for money, until you learn those mechanics yourself and than he is pretty much disposable. I have boosted Bane in the latest version giving him one potent skill to break through doors. Het, Tresa and Odo are quite meh, but have some convenient skills and I do not know what to give them properly. They also have many useful runes in theirs spellbooks. Aliai is OK against undead and has solid equipment, I guess never liked him much too, seems like a one-trick pony to me. Anders has some very unique and handful skills, I am sure you will like them. The final three heroes will open some quests and unique items, but other than that they are also quite disposable. Also keep in mind that you will eventually discover more powerful runes and with them very powerful spells. Wizard get very powerful in the lategame, at least from my experience.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

- Concerning the riddle:
Spoiler
For the lighting, if I were you, I would go back to how the game was in the begining. Giving sense to torches is a good idea, now they are useless. What I didn't like about the spells was that a wrong LO spell killed my characer instantly, which was nonsense to me. For the riddle itself, well, the text is far from being clear on what to do with the torch (I left my torches in the upper level, but not in the sconce), but I guess that's ok, riddles don't have to be easy after all. I'd say this one is much more difficult than the others (except if there are things that I never saw)
- Concerning the champions:
Spoiler
I tested the mana regeneration speed, Saros and the others have the same in my game, so except his special abilities that I never use, he is in no mean a better mage than the others... I tried using Uggo's traps a few times, but it didn't look very useful (nor practical) to me... Actually, I don't like having my party members with nothing in their hands. Also, the fights have all been quite easy for now, not as easy as in the original DMII, but nothing difficult either, so all these special abilities for fighting have been quite useless for me so far. I guess this all depends on how each player plays the game.
I have to say i only found Seri after a long time... I don't know why... Of course her key would certainly have been useful, but it's just an item, the player can just give it to someone else and pick back an other champion when he finds one. Same for Saros, his book and his key. For everything that can be bought, I just bought a few things as I wanted to, I currently have several red gems, so I never thought of "buying" a champion according to his equipment.
For Anders, I can only see one unique skill for now and it's not very interesting, unless it has something more than the spell equivalent? He seems weak BTW.
For Aliai: he is strong (so he can carry much more than Anders or Saros) and he has a lot more stamina than the forever tired Saros...
Anyway, I really like all your work about the champions, it adds a lot to replayability.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Some more problems, I think:
Spoiler
The trap for the worm can get broken if the player activates the teleport. It would need a relay deactivating the teleport after 1 time unit delay or something. And I don't understand what that door is for: it's not closable. I had to reload a savegame where I didn't turned the teleport on to get rid of the worm.
Spoiler
The scroll there contains IR, but it's GOR that is written on the scroll. And I don't know exactly what all the auras do, some are easy to understand, but for the others, I have no idea how to find what they do...
Spoiler
Except for the DMII minions and Jarod's first two creatures, the creatures that I invoke are always hostile toward me. Is that a mistake from you or am I misunderstanding something? Also, if I have for example only one party member alive, no matter his position (what appears in the upper right corner), he invokes creatures randomly on the tile in front or behind him, which is not very practical...
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Spoiler
- Sure I will do that.
- The door are there only so that the player has to open them in advance and not when being chased by the worm already.
- Will fix that.
- I purposefuly made the minions hostile towards creatures and player alike, so that you could not spam them, but perhaps that would not be such a great issue and now that I think of it the current solution is probably most clumsy. Other ideas I had in mind was to limit their lifespan, or limit the amount of each minion you can have to one. What would you suggest?
- Depending on what version of the game you have, but I believe YA IR/FUL IR/ZO IR - Monster/Fire/Spell shield. VI IR - Heal party, OH IR - Levitate! DES IR - Invisibility (reduces distance at which monsters can see you). My question for you: What runes do you have and which ones you use the most?
- The spawning place is determined by the engine and is out of my control, but perhaps I will find some answer in the AI dungeon chaos-shaman mentioned.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Spoiler
- I've tested creating minions (worms and glops) right in front of some tree-monsters, they never attack them, even if I'm out of reach. I would make them party friendly, but limited in time, maybe in number as well, yes. What about limiting the number of invoked creatures according to the spellcaster wizard level? I think that should be feasible...
- Thanks for the auras. The shields being the same as in DM were easy, the invisibility as well thanks to the fading of the party, healing should have actually been easy to see (well, when hit), but for levitate... It might need a clue somewhere in game.
- I still have to find 3 power runes and the last 2 in the last tier. I use pretty much all the second tier, mostly the first 3 and ZO not so often. 3rd tier: mostly KATH and BRO. I will probably use IR. For the others... I never use SAR, I'm not sur I'll use EW in this version and VEN, I might never use it again except if there are zones where ZO-VEN is particularly useful (I used VEN to train my weaker wizards). In the last tier, I've only used KU so far. What I cast the most: heal and stamina potions, lightnings, and from time to time other potions (including strength, I always liked these).
- For the spawning, that's weird. I've made some similar spells in unpublished custom dungeons and I don't remember having such problems... Well, you might try spawning the creatures on dedicated, isolated tiles and activate an action to teleport them in front of the party... I'm not sure there are such actions in RTC. And I don't know what RTC would do if the tile in front of the party is occupied, or a wall.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Igor, about respawning monsters, if there is monster on the generator it can error if they are set to invincible, otherwise they die if two occupy the same spot. this is a pain, especially if the monster is a needed NPC.

THEO, i'll have poke at it, sorry was not around for February when you released it. when do you think it will be completed?, is it still BETA?
keep your gor coin handy
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

It is still Beta. So it is theoretically still possible that you will encounter a lot of bugs, or even not be able to complete the game. But I will upload new version with Igor's comments incorporated during a weekend and then post here, so stay tuned please.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Apologies, as this is not concerning the game but rather CS' last comment.
CS... I think you just answered a question for me. I had a seemingly random crash during testing with a 'monster and party on same square' violation. I was confused at the time, as i thought the monster would be destroyed or moved aside. I tried to replicate it and couldn't. I now think what you mentioned in the last post is what happened.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun, can crash when both are invincible on same tile, leave it off until sure.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Also answering to CS:
- I don't think that there is any generator in use in Theo's current technique. And mine would avoid this particular problem, the problem would be with the teleport only.
- There are not many bugs so far, and all minor, so I don't feel like I risk to get stuck in a bug restraining me from completing the game.
- if I were you, I would not read the spoilers, especially if you think of playing this dungeon... All the spoilers are game related and can really spoil the pleasure of playing it, if they were raising some big question of RTC editing, I guess Theo (or even me as I would be interested) would ask for an answer on the forum.

Also, I'm not 100% into the game, so if someone wants to beta test it as well, he would probably be able to catch up with me and then fasten up the debugging.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I see, so I guess they are being placed back into the mirror. yup, no error if you do that. I was referring to wandering NPCs that join and leave the party to roam the dungeon freely.

I will get to this dungeon, maybe we can test each others, I am almost done redoing the test dungeon with revised mechanics.
keep your gor coin handy
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

I am of course very grateful for anyone who is willing to take his chances on this dungeon and contribute some feedback. I have just uploaded new file. Might as well start versioning and producing changelogs at this stage. Have fun!
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Ok, I have my 3rd clan key and am in the next area.
One word about the runes:
Spoiler
I was wrong, ZO is actually quite useful for ZO-KATH, obviously. And I have been using EW several times with YA. Very powerful against trees and other slow creatures I guess. Their weapon is way too powerful I'd say. VI-IR is overpowered as well, I don't know if it's possible to tweak that. All in all, I think that most of the runes are useful (except for the last tier, but I guess I'll learn new spells. I should have tried already.)
About the problem discussed above, I might have been wrong:
Spoiler
the creatures spawning behind me might have been a problem with some invisible teleport(s?) (entrance of the forest with aggressive trees), they now nearly always appear in front of me.
And one problem: the graphics for
Spoiler
Kol's animated tree
, the white background appears in the dungeon, you should have been using either powerpink (255/0/255 in RGB) or alpha channel.
The fight for the 3rd key was my fav so far.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Thanks for testing. I will fix those issues. Also this is probably the cause of the summoning problems. There are teleports preventing monsters from passing through certain tiles (gates obviously) and if you summon your minions on this tile, they get teleported on your tile and appear immediately on then next free tile next to you, other than front.
I am glad you liked the fight, this is my favourite too. Fourth one is maybe too difficult, if you have problems I can give you some tips.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Very interesting place, cool story elements here. And that dragon eye... great!
A big bug, I think:
Spoiler
I stole the clan chief gem and brought it back to the quest giving haitu. Nothing happens... What should I do there??? I haven't tried the other option, I hope I'll be able to do it (the vexirks are still friendly)...
Two small bugs:
Spoiler
- I just realized that I didn't explore everything in the worm's cave (and now I know why I was not able to get that ZO sword... :/). There is a place there where you can push boulders on pits. There is one pit that won't close (near the ladder leading to Cordain, there are two (or 3?) of them, the second won't close).
- Not really a bug: the vexirk in his room that attacks you when you enter: his speech should be activated by the door opening, because as I didn't enter directly, it was activated after the vexirk's death.
And various questions, mostly secondary "quests", and maybe bugs, maybe not:
Spoiler
- The mirror room... I don't get it (I just picked the keys and placed them in the locks... What's the point with the lightnings, they explode as soon as they're shot...?). Also I don't understand the room beneath, I really can't see what to do there.
- The cauldron/its room: should I be able to do something else than creating an elemental orb there? Also, I think the mana blossom should be destroyed as it should melt in. And with or without mana blossom, I can't use magic there.
- Lots of doors I can't open, some that are just closed with no apparent lock, and many with the same lock, that is in other places as well. Just to be sure, should I have the key for these already? I guess no, but... so many of them...
- One other lock, in the graveyard. I brought the skeleton key there, it fits in the lock and... nothing. Bug?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

-
Spoiler
Try wearing that gem while speaking to the haitu. This is probably not very clear, I should just make the dialogue clearer. The second option is still there.
- FIxed.
- Fixed.

- Hm... This does not work as expected, I will have to look into that. On the level below you can get all the remaining runes, if you follow instructions from the secret library.
- You can create also Voraxes and Blue Steele. Recipe for Vorax is in the hidden section of the library. You will have to come up with a recipe for Blue steele your own. Fixed.
- Cannot tell you much without knowing specifics. Those are probably opened either by solid key, or iron key. Those are bonus keys, which are quite hard to find.
- Yes, it was bug. Sorry you do not get the cool reward.
Overall great report! Also congratulations to getting power glove, ZO sword, skeleton key and dragon eye, one of the most powerful items in the game.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Thanks for the tips.
Spoiler
For the keys, I just found the iron key (using the other nice ring), and I don't have the solid key. The locks I talk about are very numerous (square keyholes as named in RTC), they give entrance to the vexirk's locked places (I broke in there with the ring as well).
Ok, no big bug then. But why don't you just put a trigger "on and over" on the tile in front of the guard?
New problems/questions:
Spoiler
- In the secret library (I missed that), the rune scroll doesn't add the rune.
- The vorax formula didn't work... Should the axe be sharpened?
- The boomerang worked once only, now it never comes back. I had weapons in my "belt", it might be the problem...
- Is there something to do with that sarcophagus?
- The haitu's lair when not invited... Is there a way to avoid the alarm? If no, it doesn't make much sense... I tried sneaking only on tiles where I can't see the guards, I get detected. I tried being invisible the whole time after clicking on the rope, I get detected.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Spoiler
- There are also doors which open only in other branches of the quest.
- Because you could just activate the trigger by throwing the necklace over it (not very likely, but not very elegant solution to disregard this). There is a workaround around this, but I like the ceremonial meaning of you having to actually wear that necklace as a sigil. The dialogue should be quite clear, right now.
Spoiler
- Fixed.
- The recipe is incomplete. Add one Palmaple. I am fixing the scroll and also changig to sharpened axe.
- The boomerang is removed from current version as it's function is taken over by final skill of Saros. New item will be placed in the alcove.
- Again, the Sarcophagus will only come into play in different branches of the quest.
- Once alarm starts to sound all Haitu become hostile. But I am lowering their attack range so that sneaking was more feasible.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Ok, thanks for the info.
Spoiler
My axes are not sharp (I picked them from the bodies of axemen), I guess you should do both recipes (sharp axe -> sharp vorax, not sharp -> not sharp).
Spoiler
For the sneaking, it would be nice if you could add a way to walk around while being invisible.
You may not like this one...
If I put a champion (say, Kol) back in a freezer and resurrect him immediately, well, his health/stamina/mana are set to their max, but that's not a big problem, so everything is fine.
Now if I recruit an other champion (say Graen) after putting Kol in a freezer, and then put Graen back to his freezer and then resurrect Kol...
- Kol's max health increases from 361 to 376,
- Kol's max stamina drops from 280 to 155,
- Kol's max mana drops from 118 to 50 (i don't know why 376, 155 and 50),
- If some of Kol's attributes were boosted by some potion (say 130 current strength / 80 max strength), the resurrected Kol's max strength is set to 130.

I looked into what Adamski did in Tower Of Champions (in which removing/resurrecting champions works as expected), he has "no change" for resurrect/reincarnate in the main data of the game, and he uses an action_remove_character_from_party with strength 0 for each of the mirrors. Hope that helps.

One new question:
Spoiler
Is Graen's solid key is the only solid key?
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Several more remarks concerning this section:
Spoiler
- The vexirks always chose the steal weapons attack when close to the player. Makes them harmless in most cases (basically, when you're not holding the numenstaff). Also, if they use that spell on a summoned creature that is far away from you, they still take your weapons.
- What is the aim of not being able to remove the numenstaff? It's quite annoying, and I don't understand what for.
- There are several exits from the haitu's place when you ally with the vexirks, but only one that gets you in prison. It breaks the story if the player chose a different exit, and several fights get bypassed. Same if you go out of the prison by the stairs instead of the ladder. Also, I think you should try to improve the jailbreak. As is, it makes no sense.
- And when going out using the ladder, if that's what the player is supposed to do..... Well, is that even a possible fight? No magic, no weapons, just the numenstaff that gets stolen instantly... I guess I should use my champions skills but well, for my team... Aliai and Kol are totally useless, Jarod can't really summon monsters there, Uggo is useless since I can't move. Even using the other exit and being able to retreat, if I don't take my gear back, this fight is very hard with my current team. Jarod's wolves actually did the job... On the other hand, the fight for the clan key was a piece of cake.
- If I pick the numenstaff back from the cauldron, the teleport blocking the exit is reactivated. Is that how you wanted it to be? It's weird... And even if I put the numenstaff in the cauldron again, the teleport is still there and I have to reload.
All these things there are very immersion breaking... That's a pity, this section has a very strong potential.

One last thing before entering the keep (took me 8h to get the 4 keys according to the in-game couter):
Spoiler
It would be nice to let the player chose who gets the XP reward when going back to the main NPC. I know it's the party leader that gets the reward, but I understood that just with the last reward. Also, the trigger for that last reward should be set on disable self...
Oh, and since I actually started the keep, for the scrolls on demand, I guess everybody will just buy the scrolls, read them and then reload...
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Ok, thanks for the tips again. This was a very helpful round:
Spoiler
- I will just give them regular attack then. I wanted to increase the chance of them stealing the staff, but it is too much trouble to do this properly and this attack is easily avoided as well.
- OK. It is a needless gimmick, I guess. Removing it.
- I wanted a player to be able to avoid prison by leaving the cave by the main exit and sneaking back to the temple to add more variety, but perhaps I should enter some quest event there to explain, why the vexirks are suddenly hostile and what is player now expected to do. Perhaps a vexirk will appear, steal your staff and say: 'Thank you for the staff, fool! blah, blah...' I will remove the option to leave the jail by stairs though.
- Good point. I guess I should place players equipment somewhere nearby, so that you can pick it up before this fight in the mirror room.
- This is clearly a bug. I will fix it.

- I have removed the XP rewards from current version, but may reintroduce them later, when I include personal hero related quests.
- Well, I guess they would. I will probably scatter the scrolls around the dungeon then and add regular rewards like bombs.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Can I ask what made the boss fight so easy? Could you describe your strategy? Would you think the fight would be harder if the boss was faster?
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Well, I did the fight two times, one after each story choice.
Spoiler
The first time he was able to summon a few creatures that were certainly a big threat, especially the tornados, but I just kept myself away from them while fighting the vexirk, so no big problem. I might have been lucky... The second time, he was not even able to summon a single creature as I was always turning around him (it's still possible even with the pillars and all, just by doing larger 'circles'), so it really was a piece of cake. Also, each of my successive hits was about 200+ HP (using two fighters with morgensterns and 200+ strength) so it was quite fast...
If you fixed the problem with the mana blossom, does that mean that the player will be able to cast spells during this fight? If so, it would certainly make the fight even easier (with ZO-KATH and VI-IR in case of problems).
Having a faster boss would probably make the fight harder, yes. Or maybe having summoned creatures in the room already, like in the corner opposed to the entrance. Or instead of a spell for him to summon creatures, some sort of timed relay that makes them come out of teleporters or out of the cauldron. What you need to avoid is to have just the boss alone.
But well, if you and others had problems doing this fight, it might not be a good idea to make it more difficult.
Oh, you only answered to my very last post, but there were two posts in a row, I hope you read the first one as well...
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Ok, I will make him faster and make him summon more minions. No problem. I originally did that, but it seemed too rough.
Ok, for your missed post:

- That is what I did. I do not understand what is wrong, I will double-check that.
Spoiler
- No, it is not. Remember killing the angry monk? He should have a letter at him saying that his key was lost in the dining room before the swipe of the floor. Go to the dining room and look into the grate. The Iron key is in the prison in tower of the giants. The Haitu doorkeeper should tell you that the giants often kidnap and imprison monks and that the monks are afraid that their kidnapped brethren will give away some secrets.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Allright, I'm back in testing. And totally lost at trying to understand how that whole big machine works and what all these buttons, pads, keylocks and all -even the imps- are for. Well, I still feel like I'm progressing, so I won't ask for help.
I just have one big bug to report. There apparently is an error with some graphics size (I don't understand why RTC let you compile your dungeon) on some monitors. I can't look at them with front view: the game would crash. I hope I don't need to look at them to finish the game...

I guess it won't really help, but here's the error log:

Code: Select all

Stack Dump:
  utilMemory.utilVerifyClassFoundLeak(pointer 0x05A6D490, string "RTCMediaGraphics", string "LoadTileFromMemory", int 94);
  utilMemory.utilVerifyClass();
  RTC.RTC_DeInit();
  RTC.DisplayTerminalError(string "Critical Error - Terminating Program\n\nLoading dungeon object\nDimensions invalid\nGiven 270,230\nShould be 135,115?");
  RTC.TerminalError(int 9, string "CRITICAL ERROR - TERMINATING PROGRAM\\\\LOADING DUNGEON OBJECT\\DIMENSIONS INVALID\\GIVEN 270,230\\SHOULD BE 135,115?\\\\\\ATTEMPTING TO TERMINATE IN  0 SECONDS");
  RTC.LoadSingleBitmapEx(pointer 0x0018ADD8, pointer 0x00000000, int 0, pointer 0x0A1FCB78, int 270, int 230, bool FALSE);
  RTC.RestoreBitmap(int 5922, int 3);
  RTC.CacheBitmap(int 5922, int 0);
  RTC.DrawBitmap(pointer 0x01E90A28, int 5922, int 0, int 89, int 34, word 1, float 0, int 0, bool FALSE);
  RTC.DrawDungeonWallItem(int 3578, int 13, int 5);
  RTC.DrawDungeonWallItems(int 13, word 3578, int 5);
  RTC.DrawDungeonWall(int 13, word 3578, int 5);
  RTC.DrawDungeonView(char 15, char 40, char 6, char 3);
  RTC.ProgStateInDungeon();
  RTC.DoFrame(int 50);
  RTC.WinMain();
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Hello Igor,
thanks for report. If you are in the monitor room, you are actually already quite far. I put some correct placeholder in the next version, still waiting for my friend to draw final version for me The remaining two levels (VI and OH) present some specific challenges, but you should be able to get the remaining pieces of information soon to understand how the whole thing works.