[RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
jahmiann
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Post by jahmiann »

Hi

I fowarded, i killed the druide and get all mage set.
But one thing is missing, i haven"t found the key (maybe the solide key) to open last houses in the second village. One house can be open with the
Spoiler
cross key
but others ....

I started the area with the ra key, and found another death end:
Once in the jail and the door opened.
I was blocked by the giant, he launch me a bomb on kill 3 characters, after that the pit opened. Only thoram survived but i am now in a corridor with 2 doors closed and a wall to break with a spellbook behind. How to open doors or reach next floor ?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

You may find the keys in the area you are in right now. Other than that Equus and Graen have them, because those are their respective houses. But do not worry, they only contain their belongings.

There is a hint how to get away from the jail at the corpse.
Spoiler
Put the bones next to the bars at the end of the corridor. This will lure the blob out of his hiding. The rest will follow.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx for the info, theo, good thing i didnt save afterwards.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

i found the solid key.

I opened one house in the village but the solid key does not work on the house near de dwarf, may another key is needed ?

About the ra ros armor set, i found a way to get the set out the force field, but once unequiped the armor become a simple plate armor.
How can i stabilized ra ros armor ?
Spoiler
I used fetch to get the armour over the force field
, but maybe there is there way to desactivate it ?
Spoiler
I found the numstaff and a blossom, the cleric staff and a green gem.
But how to combine its according to scrolls .
I am ready to run a new game but with an updated rtc files.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

- Yes, another key is needed.

- This is a solution I did not foresee, but it is ok. As I said, in the following version the armor will not get disenchanted.
Spoiler
- you only need to bring the staff to the cauldron to get the key, but there is currently an issue with the boss fight and you will need to use a gimmick not to trigger it (see our previous conversation with antraxus).
- Other than that there is really no need to restart the game. You can progress further into the skullkeep once you have the final key.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

antraxus wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am tried that fetch doesnt work, also i found a Crash after i killed yagoth, and picked up the fangs the game crashes.
I killed yagoth and the game crashes when picking its fangs ... Is there a workaround ?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

No, it is broken 😕 Please do not use the spell or kill yagoth for now.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

New version uploaded at ModDB
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Found a death-end in the monastry.

I toke the teleport at the first level, and be teleported in the cauldron room. After that there is no way to get back.

Because i don't open the door near the merchant and don't open the door to the mirrors room (on top of dragons level).

I can send you my savegame if you want to check.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Which teleport in the ground level? Can you please elaborate?
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

On you last version there is a new teleport between 2 fire torch. At the level where there are 4 rooms locked by the cross key.

maybe a wall removed by mistake ...
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Yes, that is the case. Thank you.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

So how is the rest of the game? Any bugs there?
I lost my source files during the computer crash,
so i am afraid this version is truly the last one.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi

I started another dungeon, while waiting for a last update (about the missing wall and desanchanted shield).
Apparently there will be no other version, i stopped my last game after open the door with clan pieces.

I will start the skullkeep soon, and give you a feedback.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi theo

- I tried go far un the skullkeep, i found several problem. At the level where you have maze with plate to open/close pit and set/unset wall i did find the way to reach next part of the dungeon without use a gorgoyle heart. I saw a green switch isolate in a room but i can't reach it (thx to magic map).
- Once passed the whole set of cross key doors, the last pit stopped to open/close. if you fall in a pit after that, your will unable to come back to this room.
-What's a pitty that levelup scroll bugged, because when you found the greate reward (with the five eyes riddle), scrolls become useless.
- I didn't find the way to use the shop at the tavern level, there two green switch with a dwarf ...
- The skullkeep is very messy, there are no guidline and a lot of different ways

i don't know if i will finish the second part of the skullkeep, i found a lot strange mechanism and if i fall i cannot back anymore ...
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Hi Jahmiann>

- All puzzles are so designed to be doable without a Gargoyle heart. There are many hidden paths in Skullkeep and it is by design impossible to access every nook of it. The dungeon is changig depending on the approach you take.
- That is a bug and possibly game breaking. But on this level you should be able to lower a ladder and also find all runes necessary for a levitation spell.
- That is indeed a pity.
- The switches in the shop should change items on the floor or directly in your inventory. If a dwarf is there to operate the shop and it still does not work it is yet another bug.
- It is meant to be this way. You need to backtrack a lot and learn how different areas are interconnected. Think of a Skullkeep as one giant puzzle (lots of mechanisms will start making sense in the finale of the game).
- You are almost at the end! The mechanisms can be a nuissance, but can eventually be avoided or turned off. In case you fall:
Spoiler
OH IR RA should be a levitation spell. Or you can use Gargoyle's heart or Mark & Recall to get over the pit.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am Clodius, I am writing a French Novel novel prequel to the Dungeon Master and related to that, I am also drawing a huge map posted in Creative Endeavour/French DM Novel. I reproduced the Skullkeep castle on the map only with the few pictures I found on the Web.
I don't know if I am demanding too much but I was wondering if someone could feed me on posting nice screenshots here or PM me of anything interesting of this game. i.e. background, artifacts...
I would like to know the story lines of this game to describe it in my novel.

Thank you for anything you can show me.
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Clodius. RTC has a lot of artifacts, youtube has lots of pictures and intros, I am sure you'll find stuff there.
keep your gor coin handy
Balcombe
Neophyte

Post by Balcombe »

I'm playing this now, and so far, it's right up my alley, and the possibilities seem really cool. I'm currently trying to figure out how to cast various spells, and I'm wandering what the warnings are on the various runes. I just wanted to say thanks THEO.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Thank you for your kind words. The harmful effects of some spells were removed, because players did not like them very much. The information may be obsolete. I lost source file to this mode in HDD crash unfortunately, so there is no way I can fix some minor issues in the game, but hopefuly they will not spoil your gaming experience.
Theo
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

with a lot of fun i am playing this mod now. but i am very stuck in the caves.. i found a strange meganism for a door. but i dont know how to open. i cannot found the dog, i found some wooden pieces but what to do with this? and after a breakable wall i see a torch and a torchholder. and i see several grates i have 1 opened with a key carried by the thief
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

I am happy that you like it. Some areas must be accessed from the level above this one.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

ok thanks but i wonder where.. i corrupt and chop all the trees and by the bushes i hear a giggler laughing
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

What you can do is mark the pits you descended/jumped to by placing some object next to them (you can use those useless wood pieces for that if you wish :) ). Or draw a map if needed, the stars should help you understand your direction, if you do not have a compass. This way you can make sure you have descended into all of the pits. To open the doors with the strange mechanism you just need to find the right one and than it will become clear what to do. The same goes for the dog.

Do not worry about areas that you cannot access yet. If you can access new areas of the caves through the pits, you will be than able to access new areas of the surface level as well. Or you can find a shortcut, if you use bombs to blow up some pillars, or manage to press a pad behind the bars to the southeast of the caves. Here is a spoiler:
Spoiler
You can spook the bats by throwing something small at them through the southern grate. Once they fly over the pad, throw something else on them so that this object or a dead bat drops on it and the bars should open.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

thanks how to made a bomb? i have made a poison bomb but no red bomb
and can i dissmiss a partymember to try another hero?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

The bomb to blow up pillars can only be found (or bought from the shop, after you finish the dog quests), not created by spells. You may return a party member to a freezer, if you use a freezer charge, but none of this will help you with your progress significantly. You really just need to find the proper pit, that's all.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i found that pit.. and freed the dog but where is the treasure ? the dog returns into 2 pieces of meat when he returns to his boss
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Well, talk to the boss now and see what new goodies are now for sale in his shop.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

is there a way to load a safegame without quit the game?
and how to get that flying chest out of the air?
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

hansblieb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:44 am is there a way to load a safegame without quit the game?
Not that I've seen, no, I think at this point all the remakes stay true to the original...
and how to get that flying chest out of the air?
Consider it being carried by an invisible enemy. ;)