[RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
antraxus
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Post by antraxus »

ok i give up, i shouldnt have removed the key from the graveyard, maybe u should Change it so it cant be removed afterwards, otherwise other ppl might get stuck too easily.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Ah, I understand now. I did not foresee that possibility... You, sir, are the first person who played this dungeon who had that idea, but it makes a perfect sense! I will have to add another route to the village in the next version. Right now, you are truly dead-ended.

The houses in the village belong to the other heroes frozen in the mines and all that contain are some loot.

I tried to make the dungeon as open ended as possible, with many different ways to solve puzzles and this is a backlash for that.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx for the info, otherwise i d still run around, which by now isnt possible anymore since i ran out of Food, will have to restart, but thats ok.

it was cuz of what u said earlier, to save all the keys cuz we might need them later, thats why i kept it. :-)
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Obviously I meant the onyx key, but didn't realize the same goes for the cloud key... I will probably turn the gates between sections to DM2 standard unlock/lock and open/closed being separate states, so that you did not have to choose between keeping the key and leaving the gate opened. However adding another (more dangerous) route back to the village will also be required. No one should ever be deadlocked even if he makes the strange decision to keep some pathway locked.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience, but you helped to make my dungeon better (and I worked as a software tester for several years :? ).
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

hehe, no Problem at alli love your dungeon, Keep up the great work.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Thx antraxus for the key death end, i reopened the graveyard door.

About the mine i think found another death end, if you don't push the boulder near the ladder before down to valcano area
Spoiler
where cletus is hidden, good reference to FMA :-)
you will not exit this area, because when reach the ladder you are unable to move the boulder if is not already pushed by the other side ...
Spoiler
I found the glove i like power push/pull action, but what does the purpose of fetch ?
i am unable to get last part ra ros legs, is it possible ? The pit is opening instantly unable to click before it ...
I killed some golems near a furnace, does i need to interract with the furnace (maybe to stop volcano) ?
After read antraxus comment, the only way to get back to first the mine entrance is to pass by the graveyard ?
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

hehe, glad i could help,Jahmiann, i knew this would eventually happen, since ppl always try so save the keys.

the option fetch is pretty nice, it teleports stuff into your Hand, even if theres a pit in the way :-)

Yeah deadends can always happen if dungeons re really complex, i remember one (dont recall the Name), were u could get stuck if u didnt find the grapple before goin down the pits.still ist an awesome dungeon, i luv it, and dont worry Theo, u cant think of everything, theres always something, somewhere.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

The boulder puzzles are extremely hard to get right. My head often goes spinning on them, trying to think of any possible way how you could get trapped with them. I am still surprised both of you found this area, I thought it was hidden very well.
Spoiler
- But, I do still not understand how you can get trapped. To get outside, just get down back to the lava area and exit it with the ladder just south of the furnace room. There should be another pole up just right in front of you. Can you access the lava area from where you are? I presume so, if you keep falling through the pit near the rasar legs.
Spoiler
- There is an another bug :( The pit is triggered by the helm instead by the legs. If you remove the helm the pit should not open. The helm might get disenchanted, if you have equipped it already, but if you do not have Cletus in your party, you will not be able to take the rasar armor away anyway. (Now I think of it there is, if you have Saros, but I will keep this option there :) You will be left with normal plate though, which is still pretty decent especially at this stage of a game.
For your information in the new version of the game the armor does not get disenchanted once you unequip it and can be changed between characters freely.
Spoiler
-The furnace has no purpose. It is just a room with monster you fall into when not fast enough. But being able to quench it to get rid of some of the annoying volcano fires sounds like a cool idea. I think I will try to implement that one.
Spoiler
-Currently yes. You need to pass by the graveyard. If you locked the graveyard gate, there is unfortunately no way back (unless you have Seri at expert ninja level, or Cletus who has an ability to levitate up the pits).
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

oh wait, thats an interesting info, what u mean seri at expert ninja lvl, does she get a skill to open the door without a key? cuz that means i wouldnt be stuck, id just have to lvl her.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Yes, that is correct. Seri at ninja lvl 8 can open closed doors (although through a little bit unconventional way, the standard lockpicking thing was a little bit to hassle for me to implement :) Forgot to mention that option. Leveling ninja is quite easy in this area, as you can just shoot tons of arrows on the trees in the swamp.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

so she doesnt Need a keylock visible?cuz i would as mentioned come from the other side of the lock.

Does anyone know how exactly ninja lvling works?
does it matter what u throw, for example throwing a chest will it lvl as fast as firing an arrow?
cuz i m out of Food now and the dwarven City has no Food.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ok i made it,now i Need to find the fourth keypiece, i got the ra key but i cant find a door.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Behind the mines. Close to the giant fortress.
As for the leveling: You can level up ninja just by throwing anything in the air, but this takes forever. Well known exploit how to get the early ninja levels is to stand opposite to the stairs going up and just throw stuff at it and then pick it up again.
However if you deal damage to a creature by throwing/shooting a thing, the ninja experience you get, i believe, is proportionate to the damage caused and much bigger.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

weird, i ve never seen a giant fortress yet, must have missed it.

gah,so i have to go throught the mines again? :(
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

btw is there an area where food dropping Monsters respawn? cuz u can get pretty low, even the inn doesnt sell to me anymore, everything xept apples re closed.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ok, i ran around everywhere, though the mines (which leads only to the other village with the moor), i m pretty much lost. no misty glades, or fortress.

PS: gah i found it, must have passed it a hundred times
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

I did not include any respawning monsters or food supplies to prevent powergaming.

There should be a plenty of food to be found in the monastery, once you reach it, but save some for skullkeep too. You can also buy some jicama and palmapples at the alchemist in the mines. Also, if you really were in a danger of starving to death (please do not use this hint, until truly necessary, I want to know if there is enough food in the game)...
Spoiler
Zo bro ra is a spell for magic nutrition potion.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx for the info
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

when i get Close to the cauldron i loose the numenstaff and i get stuck, is it intended to be like that? i prolly missed a hint somewhere what to put in the cauldron.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Is there a fight with the monks after that happens?
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

yes there is, but once they re dead i m stuck.cant get out of the room due a blue haze and the numenstaff is gone
also whats the purpose of the 4 goldlocks?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Oh, no! There is another bug :( One of the monks was supposed to have the numenstaff as in previous version. Now your only option is to skip the fight entirely by getting the numenstaff over the entrance to the cauldron room. This can be done if you have saros or uggo in your party.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Or maybe not... Just leave the numenstaff at the door to the library, go inside the cauldron room ( a little bit further than the first entrance point to get past the trigger) and use fetch to get it. Then throw it into the cauldron.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

tried that fetch doesnt work, also i found a Crash after i killed yagoth, and picked up the fangs the game crashes.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

The fetch spell needs to break at the wall or at the doors, it does not pickup any object it flies over. Therefore you need to place the staff at the tile where the spell breaks (either next to the wall or at the closed door tile).
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

no wait, it worked, needed some tries and the door must be closed.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

I am glad to hear that worked. As for Yagoth, I have no idea how you got to him... he is in Skullkeep. You must be playing some old version. But then it is weird that this bug with the numenstaff is there, because I tested that few versions back.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

i used a spell. :-)
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

older version, hmm i followed the last download, is there a newer one available?
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Oh... Now is see! You do have the actual version, but this is another thing that should not be happening. For now please do not use the spell it may break the game.