[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

No problems here, just need to get to the garden again. I think I'm in the Hive
Spoiler
, is it the red black entrance door?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yeah...
Spoiler
The red doors at the end of each section all meet at the hive. All the hive doors are now open along with the exits and entrances to all other wings of the dungeon.
Spoiler
All parts of the hive are connected to a single corridor that runs around it. There is a garden in the northeast corner.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I'm glad CS is catching up with me as I could use some company. CS if you think you have had it hard so far you ain't seen nothing yet. :D
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I do need the garden, food is lacking once again.

master, if it is puzzles you may be right, but if it is eye hand co-ordination and killing monsters, BRING IT ON :lol:

I crashed it while trying to do a puzzle, where there is a
Spoiler
brick switch and a lever where bolts come out and there is a green field where the wall opens and closes. I am not sure what to do here actually
I was using deflection haze, screwing with that.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS...
Spoiler
If i'm thinking of the right place, then the trick is to get the bolts into the haze. You need to pull the lever to activate the bolts, then step away and hit the brick switch to let the bolts hit the haze. There is another one further south with fireballs. You also need to find pads in the central part that spawn a crimson knight and a master vexirk in adjacent rooms, which you need to kill to get gems. When you've inserted the gems into the slots nearby, go and stand on the central pad. A ruby key will drop through a trapdoor above, letting you get further south.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thank you, am about to give it another go until lunch, but I can't tell you why it crashed, must have been a crazy combination. I believe I did exactly what you mentioned above, I'll let you know.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Don't know what might have caused it. I've never had a crash in that part. Maybe the mirror spell. I'll look into it.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Yes, I did have that spell in use, it seems to cause crashes if abused ;) It sure has come in handy in killing monsters.

I got stuck once more in the
Spoiler
red knight area, was killing the knights and got stuck in a hallway, couldn't move, I didn't see a monster or anything there, thought maybe invisible, just can't move
going to replay it, I felt there were spinners and maybe one of them might be the cause.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
If i'm thinking of the right place, there are indeed spinners and teleports. Also a couple of stasis squares... These switch off for a short spell, then back on. So if you're stuck on one, keep clicking as if to move and you'll eventually get free.
Spoiler
If you carry on through this section, the armoury key is this way. There is also a forge key, but you'd need a cross key to get to it. The Armoury key is tricky to get, but there is a cryptic clue on a wall.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I repeated the crash without using the mirror spell, but completed it on the third attempt.

I have a
Spoiler
forge key, no ruby key yet. Yeah, I got out of the stasis squares the second time. Holders are pretty cool. Pretty sure I completed the knight area and stood on the pad, no key appeared, killed 4 of them so it must be one of those time switches again? I'll have another look right now.
Down to 4 pieces of food, need to locate the garden.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

No... that's a different area.
Spoiler
The ruby key is back where the bolts and green haze is.
Spoiler
To get to the garden, you need to go to the main corridor that runs all the way around the hive. The garden is in the northeast corner. All parts of the hive spring from this corridor. There is an ornate door in each corner.
Spoiler
Also... If you run out of seeds and food, the dragon in the east wing that you've already been through is a repeater (in the area with a lot of fake walls).
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Updated version (v1.7) now linked to the first post on this thread. Problem mentioned a few posts above fixed.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am collecting the
Spoiler
magmanite
Some killer puzzles. Intend to have a hard go at it again as I did yesterday, hopefully will get most of it done. I like the
Spoiler
snake medusa thing
Hopefully I can get into the
Spoiler
armoury
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Updated version 1.8 now linked to the first post in this thread. A couple of fixes have been made. Just minor annoyances. Older versions still fine, but versions 1.6 and earlier have a potential dead-end in the southern wing (see spoiler near bottom of page 10 on how to avoid this).
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Whew weee, done. Most difficult insane crazy mixed up mind blowing hair rippin whacky weird confounding mad loony ball scratchin challenge.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hahaha... Nice going man. I should put that in the description!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote:Hahaha... Nice going man. I should put that in the description!
and that was only part of the description!
keep your gor coin handy
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Right, so I started this one. Get ready for an endless stream of silly questions. :) (although, as I always say to my students when they seem to be "afraid" to ask, a silly question from a student is always better than a silly answer from a lecturer... ("if you think your question is silly, just wait for my answer")... it always helps... :wink: )
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Wow... Jan is ploughing through the dungeons since the turn of the month.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Now this one should keep me busy for a couple of weeks I guess. It's massive! I almost died of thirst at the beginning but then when all looked desparate I finally found a fountain. Then when I thought I was finally getting to the end of level one I realised that I only finished the first of three passages and need to backtrack... But I love it so far. Mostly original graphics, well balanced fights, difficult but not impossible puzzles - exactly how I like it. I'm playing with one character only again, apples and oranges neatly arraned in my chest. :)
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Hi, Jan. I am glad you entered this game. Mostly excellent as all Saumun's production.
I found food and water for four. No problem for your champion.
Puzzles are tough but doable with no hint, with strong will and knowing previous Saumun's tricks.
I went quite far, but not to completion due to other priorities. The way I like playing is without any help watsoever, this means I can be stuck for days. The worst I had is about a week in a previous game. This takes a lot of time, something not everybody can afford. Well, I know, I will re enter this game some day. I hope I will not resume playing with an eye on the spoilers that accumulate here.
Jan, I will be glad to follow your progress.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It's pretty much all original DM/CSB graphics, apart from a few of my own... but even in those cases i tried to make them look as much like the original style as i could.
And yes, it's big.... very, very big.

One other point (though this will make no difference to you, having not played it before) is that in the first part of the game there are many silent triggers that make 50/50 choices for certain parts further on. It may range from different monsters, different local objectives, objects in different places, and even differences in the map.
Once you're through the first part, the choices are set so you don't need to worry about reloading a saved game and finding things to be different... but anyone that has played up to the final section and then started again from the beginning would find many differences compared to their first play.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Right, I'm now officially stuck for the first time - still level one ( :oops: ) - the two parallel "endless" corridors, where you obviously get turned and teleported between the two, I can't figure it out.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

OK, ignore me, there's this
Spoiler
switch
- my, oh, my, I must have spent half an hour there walking around... OK, I'm on the right track again. So it's still zero stucks there. :P
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Very good, Jan. I forgot where this puzzle is. Could be that
Spoiler
switch
was not there when you first visited the place. May be some action made it appear.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Yeah, you're right, Terkio.

I can't believe it! I've been playing this game for several hours now and I'm still on level one, with no stairs in sight! This is colossal! Unfortunately I have to stop here for a week now because my real life is getting in the way :| .
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

hi Folks, i havent played this along time now, decided to give it a try again.found this awesome dungeon but really got stuck now. i m in the pit room after the corridor that says the Coward hides.moved past the invis pit, pulled the Switch, moved past the fast closing pit, but now i m stuck.i have another fast closing pit infront of me, and i can see the corridor behind, but still theres 3 open pits blocking me and they wont Close. anybody got an idea?thx
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

arg so stupid, eyes in the back would have helped, nm i made this one, thx
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Nice going! Solved before i saw the initial question. That pit room is indeed tricky.
You're very close to the end of the first part. Hope you enjoy the rest.
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

Hi,

I've been playing this thing for some time now and reached the "Hail to the thief" inscription. I opened a door using an onyx key near to some zombies and went on to find a solid key in an alcove (there are fireball shooters around).
I unlocked a door with that solid key. Unfortunately, there's a second door just behind the first. It also has a lock for a solid key (presumably). I also possess two vi coins but did not find a slot for them. Any hints where I can find the missing solid key? Thanks!