[RTC] DungeonZ

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

[RTC] DungeonZ

Post by Zed5Duke »

Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

I tried to make classic looking dungeon, like DM1
It may be not that big, but there is lot of puzzles and few tough battles plus survival difficulty
Some ideas are original and its few humor moments in it

I used custom gfx only for interface, its mostly DM1 gfx and sound
Tested each level few times it should be ok
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: [RTC] DungeonZ

Post by Jan »

I'm adding this to my summer-holidays-must-play list :P . Can't wait for July :D .
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Generic
Neophyte

Post by Generic »

Downloaded and looking forward to trying it!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Downloaded! May only be able to play it sporadically though. Working on something at the moment.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

DM fever catched me again -- just finished this dungeon. It took me about 3.5 hrs with Halk and Elija. Although I initially wanted to only go with them, I later on took
Spoiler
Daroou
, too, cause I really like him.

I recommend the dungeon for any DM aficinado as it is neither too hard (although I had to use the VI altar some times) nor too long, contains some nice ideas and riddles, and I almost immediately felt "at home" :-)

Thanks to Zed5Duke for creating this!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I have something new 2 dungeons in one game, DM2 and DM1 gfx plus few custom gfx, new monsters, original design, adventure style not just classic dungeon, its bigger and harder (all levels tested and now under overall testing)
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I just try and find it very well,
but I have a question
I can not find in the dungeon power rune for the magical book
where it is in the dungeon ????
thanks you very much
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

RAF68 have you got the
Spoiler
orange gem
. If so
Spoiler
click it on spell book
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

thank you the master I was finding :)
someone he will finish dungeon ?????
because I think arriving far but I is not that I must do

RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

RAF68 wrote:thank you the master I was finding :)
someone he will finish dungeon ?????
because I think arriving far but I is not that I must do
when I get in the pits ago Swamp Slime I have to kill ?????
it is through the right path ???
the way to continue advancing in the dungeon
Thank you very much for your help me :)

Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Right, so I started this one. Got to the Spider / Rat level. It's been a year since I last played a dungeon game, so I'm feeling a bit rusty. But this one is very good. But, come on - consumable
Spoiler
Spider Eggs
? You must be kidding me! Double yuck! (of course I ate them all...) :wink:
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

OK, I'm officially stuck here. Probably the same spot as RAF, where you descend into a pit full of Slimes. I can't survive here. One single hit from one single Slime and I'm dead. I can see there's a switch on the wall, I can even get to it and push it when I'm lucky enough, but I can't go any further - the Slimes always kill me.

I don't think I can progress any further. I cannot cast any attack spell, I don't have any bombs, just one meagre Freeze Box, but that's not enough.

Can anyone tell me what does the switch do? It probably opens a wall on the other side of the room - in that case, I'm doomed. I'm simply not strong enough to fight the Slimes, and I've run out of tricks. :|
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Right, so I finally managed to get out, on ca 20th attempt, but, Zed, you should have heard the language!

So, I managed to finish the game, the final boss was quite funny (although you don't actually need to meet him to finish the game which is quite strange).

Score:
- I played with reincarnated Chani who finished as Artisan Fighter, Journeyman Ninja and Priest, and Apprentice Wizard; score ca 80.000
- Play time ca 2:45
- Total score (or whatever it is) = 553

I have a question: there's a Flame on level 1 or 2 I think, close to the start of the game, where there's a gem-shaped hole in front of it. I've never got pass the flame - what's behind?

Assessment: Nice small-to-medium sized dungeon, traditional DM style, some nice puzzles. I had a lot of fun with that. The only downside, again, Zed, are some heavily unbalanced fights - on the one hand, figting Mummies or Skeletons is a walkover, they've never had any chance, they're just standing in your way. On the other hand, some creatures, mostly the Spiders and basically all the "ranged" enemies (Daemons and Slimes etc.) are too strong. Fighting 12 Slimes at the same time, with each of you being able to kill you with one hit, is no fun. The number of saves and reloads is enormous! In the future, Zed, I think you should more focus on balancing the strength of the enemies, so that the fight are challenging, but not impossible. But in general, my assessment is positive. Well done, Zed! :P
palyarmerc
Novice

Post by palyarmerc »

I like this Dungeon. Classic game play. I agree with Jan on the Monster Strengths, but maybe you designed them to be avoided. Once I accepted I may have to reload a save game , I just went for it. Some of the triggers are too far apart, and not knowing what you've activated, whilst interesting once in a while, is distracting and laborious. Long complicated corridors don't help that idea. Otherwise a good dungeon. Thanks.
Spoiler
I liked that the Gem hole at the start helped to make me 'look' at the orange gems and see they were power runes.
Oh, just one other thing, I'd love to convert to HD, but I'd need the Level.txt for that, if you're prepared to add it to the download
- I know this can allow for cheating in the editor, but cheaters cheat; besides, dungeon makers could learn a trick or two if they could see others' work.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

palyarmerc wrote:
Spoiler
I liked that the Gem hole at the start helped to make me 'look' at the orange gems and see they were power runes.
Oh, so is this the only purpose of the gem hole and there's nothing behind the flame?
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

Jan wrote:
palyarmerc wrote:
Spoiler
Oh, so is this the only purpose of the gem hole and there's nothing behind the flame?
Actually, there is something (to be specific: -one). Another gem fits inside the hole. You have to solve a riddle
Spoiler
(one of the 6 niches)
downstairs and then the way to the gem is open.

Doing the slime pit with only 1 character is awesome. I used two: roping down, fireball, roping up and so on till I could rest safely in the pit -- the slimes don't leave their position if I remember correctly.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, looks like I've missed quite a lot of stuff in this game. I can't remember any place with "6 niches". More importantly, I never found any runes for any attack spell so I couldn't cast a fireball or any other spell except those with one rune (light, stamina, health). Dear, oh dear. :roll:
palyarmerc
Novice

Post by palyarmerc »

I was just getting into this dungeon when it ended. A good effort.
I'm not a fan of having to use the spell book, but I did find the spell scrolls and power runes to activate the most necessary ones.
The slime pit almost stopped me,
Spoiler
(almost didn't find the route to it, the false walls fooled me good)
but I had plenty of food, so I just levelled up a bit, then jumped down and gave em hell.
Loved it.
**Another reason why solutions should be close at hand, knowing you cannot proceed until a problem is solved is important
as you might not decide to return to an area thinking it has been fully explored.

The 'niches' are I think, the alcoves we opened with the coins on level 1.
Spoiler
Zed overlooked that players might not load a saved game and try all options with one coin.
As for solving a riddle, I think something may have been lost in translation. But since I never got past the metal door in that area of Level 1,
nor the Gem hole by the flame at the start, I might just go back and take another look.
triax
Novice

Post by triax »

palyarmerc wrote: The 'niches' are I think, the alcoves we opened with the coins on level 1.
Spoiler
Zed overlooked that players might not load a saved game and try all options with one coin.
As for solving a riddle, I think something may have been lost in translation. But since I never got past the metal door in that area of Level 1,
nor the Gem hole by the flame at the start, I might just go back and take another look.
Yes, I meant the alcoves. As for the gold:
Spoiler
In one of the alcoves is a treasure (as it is written outside the door).
The riddle is not behind the metal door, it concerns one of the alcoves..
Spoiler
Look for a strange inscription. You need to look for an item.
palyarmerc
Novice

Post by palyarmerc »

Apart from not seeing a spectacular ending
Spoiler
I just walked thru a door into a haze and it ended
I never did find a key for the lock on level 2, after you drop through the floor from one of the "coin alcoves"
It's opposite the stairs with the flame.
At least I solved the riddle - and, even if you're stupid enough to lose the items needed,
Spoiler
by throwing them into the fire,
they are made ready again on LvL 2
Spoiler
by a rock monster
Please, don't take offense, but... a forum rule (Universal for regular forum users anywhere)
If I can stop but one person doing it...it's quoting. Quoting is used to bring up a previously forgotten response.
Not to continue a conversation (forums can be slower than emails or e-bay feedback)
if you are responding to a previous post, there's really no need to quote. Imagine if you did it in real life...
A) ...as you say, I quote, "there is no milk in the fridge", then I say maybe one of us should go to the shops
B) .."one of us should go to the shops" you say? Okay then, I'll do it.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Indeed, please don't quote the previous post, it's not necessary, and yes it's in our rules: http://dungeon-master.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=24291
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi zed

thx for this dungeon i finished it.

I toke nabi and tula as fighter (this two characters have the highest strengh/dexterity for a mid magic/fire resist)
and gotmog and elija as wizard (highest wisdom). When see fighter with only 5 to magic/fire resit i guess some trap based on fireball (that the reason of my choice).

I'm a little disappointed by the fast end, after killed the wizard and get last power rune the dungoen stop. I hoped starting raise my wizard level with the last power rune, but dungeon end :-(.

I love choice my champion and reincarnate them to rush level in a DM 1 style.