[RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
antraxus
Artisan

Re: [RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Post by antraxus »

hmm ok it seems i miss a spell then, i cant recall getting finding a spell. as for the spike trap, yes i got a crosskey. but the unkillable will drop a key to open the gate which i m pretty sure will lead to the 2nd cross key.as for the spike trap bug, the weird Thing is i hear the trap moving even when i leave the dungeon, so i think it has something to do with that.

PS: i forgot i found a skullkey and there were some skullkeydoors in the Basement, i have to go back and check
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

saumun, when u mentioned a spell to defeat the cultist, did u mean the scroll that the one with the Jackson five haircut drops, that also Drops the IR rune?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

antraxus:
There is an area of caves under the guard tower and graveyard that is inaccessible at the start.
Spoiler
It can only be accessed via the bottom floor of the guard tower, but can be opened from the inside with the skull key.
There is an important spell there, along with a rune you need to cast it. You’ll need the spell for several situations throughout the dungeon.

The Dearther you cannot kill is different from the others (they all wear silver necklaces... he doesn’t). He doesn’t drop a key, but can get you through the doors. Head for the guard tower and get the spell. It will get you into another place as well.

Leslie:
Do you mean the teleport bit, or the western side of the level? Both are tricky and frustrating.
In the teleport part, there is a tile that teleports you back when you have the key.

m1ckey:
Hmm, maybe it is an OS thing. Frustrating because I cannot recreate it no matter how many times I try it. I’ve never had a crash there.
I’m still using win7.
An outside possibility is disparity in relay timings, which does happen in RTC (as I discovered to my cost when I had to redo a large section), but I’m not sure how likely.
I may have to change this part in the future if it is a continuing issue.
Do you remember if there was an error report?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

antraxus,

Sorry... I must have been writing that last bit when you posted.

Yes, that’s the spell.

:lol: @ Jackson Five!
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

The teleport spell from the scroll actually works while the scroll is in the ammo hand of Meseu. It does nothing if the scroll is in any other hand.
Is there a pettern on how the teleport works, something like "always two squares back and one left"? Or is there just a specific destination for each teleport square?

On the other half of the level, there's a cross-way summoning three annoying monsters each time you pass. There are three ways from this cross-way, two leading back to the cauldron room, the third to an invisible teleport also going back to the cauldron room. I cannot be more specific here, since I don't have RTC at hand. Since you have to battle the annoying monsters each time again when you made a mistake, this place is a little frustrating... sorry :(
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx saumun, i was on the right track all the time, just was too stupid or too slow to figure out the riddle to get to the scroll.
sometimes ist a lil frustrating,when u reach a certain Point or find an item and not knowing what to do, if a riddle is involved or ist just not the time yet to proceed.no critics there :-) , guess i m just gettn old and inpatient.still one of the best dungeons i played so far.

just one more question: the 1 prison door that doesnt open although i have the key, is that intended?
actually i have another. is it a solo adventure? the answer might be already answered in one of the pages before, so sry for asking.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

antraxus wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am just one more question: the 1 prison door that doesnt open although i have the key, is that intended?
Visit the cemetery at midnight.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie:

No pattern. Each has a specific destination.
For the other part, There is a section of wall that opens/closes depending on the way you walk.
From the cauldron, if you head to the western part and turn north to where the three creatures spawn,
Spoiler
youre at an inverted ‘L’ shaped section. Turn west and follow the passage always looking to head north and you’ll get through the open wall. Keep following the passage and you’ll come to a green button. This opens a second wall, but also teleports you away near the start of this section (it doesn’t appear so because the place you’re teleported to has a replica button).
Repeat the steps you took to get to the button and you’ll find the second wall that opened.
Be careful, because even after this you can get teleported back. Look for a fake wall.
antraxus:

The grave that won’t open is deliberate. It’s tied to the prince/pauper riddle. It’s directly below a certain grave.
Check leslie’s post above this one.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx alot, so i guess thats what the bones are for. :-)
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

so i suppose theres a way to ressurect ppl from the bones found.i really hope so, since i got way to much stuff and i cant carry it around.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Unfortunately not, except in one particular case.
The prince/pauper bones are tied to the graveyard, a ghost, and a riddle found on a scroll in the guard tower. They cannot be resurrected but will lead you to finding something valuable.

However, there is a set of bones that can be resurrected... but only in a very specific way, and by taking them to somewhere you’ve already been. There is a clue scroll with the bones.

Do you have the magic map? If you trade up for the rune map, it can be very helpful.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ahh crap i sold it
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

read that wrong, nope i havent yet.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
It’s in the caves. Look for the black flames. You need to locate some buttons and a lever to get to it.
The reason I mention it is that if you trade it up to a rune map (look for the wandering merchant in the northwest of the town), you get all the map spells without needing the runes. Makes it much easier to find fake walls, etc...
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

yeah the black flames, i couldnt get past them. i created 3 blue hazes, but no idea what to do with them.i think u refer to the Lever after the gate u have to open with a key.will look into it again, maybe i missed a button behind a fake wall, other than that i think i got em all. that lvl really has way too much of a Labyrinth :-P
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

If you have three hazes in that corridor, then you got them all. Now you just need to
Spoiler
kill the trolin behind the portcullis.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

i miss the ven rune for that, unless he just Needs 1 arrow
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ok took alot of them, but in the end it worked, thx
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

finally found the ven rune and another set of bones.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi m1ckey.

What I did in that area was produce zokathra spells, then arranged them in ne, nw, se, sw, then cast mon zo oh dane, you'll see the brightly lit spells. The yellow is easy to see and great for mapping. Programmers who don't like the dangers of object limit can reduce that two ways, they disappear after time, or they are limited in number. It's a tough dungeon eh.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

That was the idea in The Trail, and though it’s not quite as close to the object limit as Underverse... it’s not far away.

That’s why you can’t cast zokathra until that level. Any time before that you’re met with a message saying you can’t cast it here.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Antraxus,

Good going. There is a word on the scroll that was with the bones that should give you a clue where to take them.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 pm That was the idea in The Trail, and though it’s not quite as close to the object limit as Underverse... it’s not far away.

That’s why you can’t cast zokathra until that level. Any time before that you’re met with a message saying you can’t cast it here.
zokathra spell is one of those things, it can seem to be so useless, but if unlocked with no checks, it can be awesome as well as game busting.

The last two dungeons I played of yours was shall I say, #@%$%#$#% challenging. Timing skills are off the chart, puzzles really reflex challenging.
keep your gor coin handy
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

finally got all the keys in the Ku section, but somehow i miss the fuse to get past the lightning.i think i used the one from the ku section to get the ros rune. theres a small part of the ros section i cannot Access (Close to the haze room). can anyone Point me in the right direction plz? even the Magic map is of no use since there is no fake wall somewhere.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

What happens is in both ku and ros sections, a hidden place opens up at some point.
Spoiler
In Ku, a section of wall near the black dragon opens after you use the zo shooter. In Ros, a section opens in the western of the three silver key rooms after you open the third door with a silver key.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

i just found it, it was in the room with the green jellys. should check my eyes, somehow i went right past that room the first time
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

but still the section North of the haze room, and North of where the FIREBALL trap with the Lever is, just wont open. i can see a fake wall in the distant via map but cant get there. my guess it that there is maybe some Ku armor hidden there. i found the shield boots and helmet sofar
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m not sure where exactly you mean. Do you have the ros rune?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Wait, you must have it if you found the helm.

Is this section brown coloured on the map?
If so, don’t worry about it. Part of it is underneath the pits from the Dearther caves, and part of it is the bottom of the big pit in the town near the junkyard. You can’t acccess it from here, but you can from somewhere else.

If you have both ku and ros runes, then you have what you need to get the keys to lower the ladder where you came in.
Spoiler
For the KuRos armour, the chest plate is in Ku and the poleyn are in Ros... but not in the place you mentioned.
If you’d like me to be more specific, you can pm me.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

nope ist not Brown colored, but maybe ist a section that cannot be reached via this dungeon?i found all ku parts now exept the legplates.

edit: it Looks like a T and has 1 fake wall at the end.