[RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Post by Saumun »

No, that’s not normal. Something weird must have happened there. In all the times I’ve been through it, I’ve never seen that happen.
Does the other guard somehow get past it, or stuck behind it?
Very strange.

You cannot get into the house with the broken lock until much later in the dungeon.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I should have asked this in the last post really.

Both guards should be continually moving around the square.
Were both guards moving when you first went in?
Where is the stuck guard? Does this mean you cannot get past?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Saumun, I sent you the savegame by pm. I just entered, and it's the first time. I also saved before entering the guard tower.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay. I have a bit of work to get through, but I’ll have a look in the next few hours.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:55 pm Saumun,
in a previous savegame I entered the guard tower, but I got stuck. The front door closed, guards attacked me and a fireball didn't allow to pass the corridor on the right. Is it a dead end?
Yeah, that was an excellent puzzle, Saumun seems to make good use of timing.
keep your gor coin handy
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:09 pm His ghost needs to be transformed. All the things need to come into play...
Spoiler
the fire, the remains, the incantation...
Once he is transformed, he is killable... but will be very difficult without a certain special weapon.
The old man is down, once again. Didn´t figure out a special weapon and just used plain old Vorpal Blade.
Got the sealed pass, but the officer at the docks asks about a second person. Am I supposed to resurrect one of the skeletons I have laying around or something?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah, not one of the skeletons... but someone much closer to you.
The scroll that was with his bones gives an important clue as to how to do it.

Once you’ve done this, I’d advise you save the game and not overwrite it before paying the clerk at the docks.

Also, even though you dont need it now, I’ve sent you a pm regarding the special weapon.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 pm Ah, not one of the skeletons... but someone much closer to you.
The scroll that was with his bones gives an important clue as to how to do it.

Once you’ve done this, I’d advise you save the game and not overwrite it before paying the clerk at the docks.

Also, even though you dont need it now, I’ve sent you a pm regarding the special weapon.
So, I had Meseu´s bones blessed and resurrected him at the "stonehenge". BUT the clerk at docks still keeps asking for second person? Something I´m missing here?

Oh, and I still don´t have PAL power rune, I believe it´s to be found in the caves beneath the graveyard. But still haven´t figured out how to get across the pit.

BTW, when I´m done with the clerk, can I get rid of Meseu (i.e. kill him) or is he needed later on? :lol:
The reason I ask, I´ve always played solo runs, sole exception being when I completed DM for the very first time in the 80´s.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You need every rune, so you’ll have to find ‘pal’.
You can kill Meseu after paying the clerk, but you’ll have to resurrect him again before the end (it can be done in the next bit if someone dies).
The reason is that it ties into part 2 (where both are alive and you have a full set of runes).
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

DONE!

I really enjoyed the final part aboard the ship, some good puzzels there.
Now looking forward to part 2! :D
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Congratulations m1ckey..... Well played!

I’m afraid part 2 might be a long time in coming.
Only the very beginning has been built, and I rarely get much time lately.

But fingers crossed... I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.

Again, well done.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

how can i get the 2 knights inside the lil room with the pressure plate in the KU area?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

antraxus wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:57 pm how can i get the 2 knights inside the lil room with the pressure plate in the KU area?
If I have the right spot
Spoiler
it's a spell, cast it while inside the door
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There are two rooms the same.
Spoiler
Both rooms need a knight on the pad to disable the blue haze.
Spoiler
One of them needs to be lured in, and the other requires a spell.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ok so i take it i need to find more runes first.
by luring u mean i need to place something on the plate?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Something would need to be on the plate, but not an object.

I’m not sure what you have or haven’t done so far, but suffice to say that you cannot finish ‘ku’ without a certain spell (though you can finish ‘ros’).
If you haven’t already been there, completing the guard tower would be the way to go. You’ll find a lot more becomes accessible after that.... but just a warning: Take food with you because you’ll be trapped inside until you find a way out.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

yeah i finished ros, i hardly have any runes yet, definately not 1 of the 3rd and 4th row.guard Tower is that were the Portal showed up but i got kicked out by the guards.but i could snatch the rune of the table first.i think i miss 1 key yet to use the front entrance.i luv the dungeon u made, but i Need a map for sure i get lost all the time :-)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Can you remember where you found that first key?
Let me know, and I can point you in the direction of the second.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

antraxus wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am yeah i finished ros, i hardly have any runes yet, definately not 1 of the 3rd and 4th row.guard Tower is that were the Portal showed up but i got kicked out by the guards.but i could snatch the rune of the table first.i think i miss 1 key yet to use the front entrance.i luv the dungeon u made, but i Need a map for sure i get lost all the time :-)
Hi antraxus, I felt the same way, but you'll find some spells that will give you the map, it's coming.
keep your gor coin handy
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

thx alot, guess i m gonna hit the guardtower next then
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

in the cave behind the blessed temple theres a moving spiketrap, that causes rtc to Crash/shut down.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Yes, I had the same thing happen. I replayed it a couple times to get past that crash. You should be able to get past it.
keep your gor coin handy
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

i made it past but couldnt get a 2nd time past there, but i think i dont Need to.i just miss 1 key and theres 1 cultist that cant be killed, is that supposed to be like that?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It might be wise to consider this, not all monsters can be killed. I experienced some monsters showing hit point damage but they were still invincible. I think Saumun will correct this. What I do is save first, then try to kill the monster. Save all the time and keep the saves, just in case. Approximate 100 to 200 separate saves on large dungeons.
keep your gor coin handy
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

well theres definately one cultist that wont go down, right next to a door that Needs a key, so i assume that i Need the key from him. but well guess i m stuck
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Did you get the key from the dearther behind the spike trap? You do need it.
I’ve no idea what causes that crash. CS got it once, then it was okay after that.
Myself, I have never got a crash there no matter how many times I play it... so I cannot recreate the crash.
It’s weird because neither Leslie or m1ckey reported a crash either, so I’m a bit stuck.
If you didn’t get that key, I’d suggest keep trying that section (as it doesn’t usually crash, you should be able to get through). If it persists, send me your save game.

As for the unkillable dearther, did you get a certain spell from
Spoiler
under the guard tower?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I solved one part of the cauldron level, the one with the fake walls that don't show up on the rune map. Got a solid key finally.
In the section with the teleport scroll, the spell on the scroll does not seem to to anything, regardless where in the area the party is. And the scroll cannot be kept after leaving the place.
Then there's a small maze with three creatures showing up anytime you enter. There seems to be just one passage out of the maze, but there's an invisible teleport that takes you back to the cauldron.
Finally, the cauldron itself. I placed the first and second ingredient, and I am pretty sure what is the fourth. But I do not appear to have the third.

Since this dungeon is so stuffed with puzzles and I have little time to play, I do not make real progress here :(
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie,

You must have the scroll in one of your hands. If you have it in hand and the spell does not cast a teleport haze directly in front of you, then something is wrong. It only works in this area, which is why the scroll is snatched back to the alcove when you leave.
If so, I’d have to look at it... but no one that has reached there has reported a problem.

The other half of that level is pretty tough and disorienting. When you go north a wall will open, but only if you go a certain way.
A second wall will open when you find a
Spoiler
green button, but there are a few silent teleports.
Keep checking your map. There is a way.
Also look out for fake walls.

As for the third part of the recipe... did you complete all of the kuros level (including below it)?. If so, compare the scroll to a weapon you should have had but no longer do.
It can be a little hard to see. I may enlarge it in a later update.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 pm Did you get the key from the dearther behind the spike trap? You do need it.
I’ve no idea what causes that crash. CS got it once, then it was okay after that.
Myself, I have never got a crash there no matter how many times I play it... so I cannot recreate the crash.
It’s weird because neither Leslie or m1ckey reported a crash either, so I’m a bit stuck.
It did crash on me at this point and on few other occasions. Others being part of the ROS, where you throw-knife-fight those little cretins. And during the other spiked trap puzzle further on.

I was playing on a "modern" Win 10/x64 setup. To get through those parts I resurrected an old Vista/x86 laptop and no problems whatsoever.
I just thought it was a case of modern hardware/OS vs. RTC 0.49

Sorry, I should have reported this earlier... Just thought it wouldn´t be a biggie, coming from a generation who tweeked their own C64/Amiga/DOS and shit!
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Saumun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 pm Leslie,

You must have the scroll in one of your hands. If you have it in hand and the spell does not cast a teleport haze directly in front of you, then something is wrong. It only works in this area, which is why the scroll is snatched back to the alcove when you leave.
If so, I’d have to look at it... but no one that has reached there has reported a problem.
SO, there´s an easy way out? I just went old school and mapped the place on a piece of paper and a pencil... :lol: