[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamski
On Master

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Adamski »

There are too many questions to deal with. I don't know where to begin :cry:

ElTango, tell me if
Spoiler
the frog
is too weak, please. I forgot who told me that it was a too easy fight. I'working on the 2.0 version, I want to fix a lot of bugs I found, some issues (food, weapons) and spelling errors too :mrgreen:

About the weapons and the clothes, here is a table that shows their features, usage and bonuses:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k08e982qp ... lothes.pdf

And about the 2.0... I'll keep you all posted

See you :wink:
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hi Adamski,

I know you have a lot to work through, but I just want to point out a bug that I didn’t realise was a bug at first.
In the rainbow mines meditation dream, in the...
Spoiler
crack where you get the key near the start. If you click on the crack with an object, you can never get the key.
Problem was that I didn’t realise anything was wrong, and ended up wandering around for a long time.
Thanks.

PS. I personally thought the frog difficulty was fine, but that’s just my own take on it. Don’t know how others feel.
Killed me a few times before I got past it.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Adamski, great to hear from you. Many thanks for such two crazy and fantastic dungeons (ToC & UD 1.2) The frog was OK, not to heavy and not to weak.

Sometimes i have problems with my English, so the text is to quick displayed. But everything fine for me.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

But....now the questions to the community:

I am out of the boot house, good.
Spoiler
1. I didn´t find out how to solve the "Bubble Room" ?
Spoiler
2. I have the book "incredible machine" - what can i do with this book ?
Spoiler
3. I was with the brass key in the music hall - What should i do there ?
Spoiler
4. I have two other books: cloud castle with the bone rank - but looked to the mirror, and where old....killed
Spoiler
5. Got the second book - Jack´n Spiro....
What are the next steps......food is very low.....
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

1. If I’m remembering this right, in the bubble room...
Spoiler
when you trigger the bubbles and open the far door, run and climb the ladder, then run to the end of the passage and use the pit scroll to drop in front of the door. You must be quick.
2. Books need to be read to Gillian.

3. Don’t worry about the music hall yet. You need certain instruments to enter, and something further still to complete it. This will come later. You’ll know when you get it.

4. Cloud Castle must be completed while you are old. You cannot regain youth until it is finished.

5. See (2).

I would suggest completing Cloud Castle next.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Saumun
Thanks for your advice. That error is a bug. I set "operated by hand", the option "disable self" and the action "release". When you click on the crack with an item on your hand, the key is not released and the trigger can no longer be used.

ElTango
Thank you too. The problem with the texts is that are not always clear because of my spelling errors. I am not a English speaker and sometimes it is very hard expressing simple concepts :?
All the answers by Saumun are correct. I can add a thing about your fifth point:
Spoiler
the book "Jack 'n' Spiro" can't be read because has already been read by a scribe.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

About the crack and key. If a relay is added to check to see if the hand is empty first there will be no problem getting the key.

Tango, do complete Cloud Castle, you will be able to get a lot of food there just outside the castle, you can build it up before entering a new area, starving to death is not cool, and I almost did myself in the amber tower.
keep your gor coin handy
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Chaos, I solved removing the "disable self" :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm Chaos, I solved removing the "disable self" :)
I'm all ears
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Adamski wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:53 pm .... I'working on the 2.0 version, I want to fix a lot of bugs I found, some issues (food, weapons) and spelling errors too :mrgreen:
There's a new version to come?
Maybe I will then give UD another try and follow the advise to use just two characters. My favourite would be Elektra and Faahn.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

There's a new version to come?
Maybe I will then give UD another try and follow the advise to use just two characters. My favourite would be Elektra and Faahn.
Goro is strong, he also uses a fear attack without the horn, Faahn ability can be found a bit later
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yeah, I remember getting through that first part of.....
Spoiler
the bottom level of Naneel’s house
by using Goro. Very useful.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I never liked Goro. Not because of his abilities, but because he is... Goro. He reminds me of that ugly guy from Mortal Kombat who is also named Goro.
Some other of the characters would make nice party members. Naneel, the gypsy, Furion, Helga...
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Leslie wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:42 pm I never liked Goro. Not because of his abilities, but because he is... Goro. He reminds me of that ugly guy from Mortal Kombat who is also named Goro.
Some other of the characters would make nice party members. Naneel, the gypsy, Furion, Helga...
Yeah, why not. This is the direction I was hoping others might want to head, NPC's
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

i feel like in the cloud.....its summer so i don´t play every day.....but yesterday i tried getting into the cloud castle....

The cloud castle is special: I finished the "Greenhouse" and now i´m at the room with the sleep wand, and the stairs up to a purple amberwall.....

Is there any idea what is the "special" in the cloud castle and how to go further ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Sorry... I don’t remember which part you mean, but the purple blocks that look like amberwalls are monsters.
I don’t remember them in cloud castle though.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

OK, i try to explain:

I have finished the greenhouse in the lower level, then i also finished the fire pads with the barrel moving area and then i came into the little room where i got the "sleep wand" weapon and activated the circle and got the "maleficent ring". I went then back to the stairs up (behind the huge wood/iron door) after i used one master key. The second key i don´t have now. When i go up the stairs there is that "purple amberwall block" but how to destroy it ? lightning - no, fireball - no, push - no, fighting - no, poison cloud - no.....i have no idea.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Sorry, I don’t remember that.
If I have time later, I’ll try to check an old save.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

ElTango, you can't remove the purple wall from that side. Try to
Spoiler
press the pad beyond the pit. I'm sure the party or some creature can activate it :wink:
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Aaah, yes... now I know which bit you mean.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

The cloud castle i think is till playing UD one of the most difficult level. It could also be, that i am too tired in the evening to think and find out the riddles....and sometimes i also try things who work in my mind but not in the game :shock:
Spoiler
So 60 seconds are not 60 seconds.....and nothing happens there, killed everytime in 10 seconds :mrgreen:
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

ElTango75 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm The cloud castle i think is till playing UD one of the most difficult level. It could also be, that i am too tired in the evening to think and find out the riddles....and sometimes i also try things who work in my mind but not in the game :shock:
Spoiler
So 60 seconds are not 60 seconds.....and nothing happens there, killed everytime in 10 seconds :mrgreen:
Solved ! Sometimes i have the problem, that the sound is away from the game....so i didn´t heard the Jinx-Cats.....but now....
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

But now i read many posts about the "Omit Two" riddle.....

I have also no idea:
Spoiler
I used all 4 stars throwing all 4 from an other direction to the 4 plates. I read about 4 levers down, two levers up, the doory stays closed again...and there is no other way. I there a bug in the game with the levers ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I was confused at the ‘omit two’ riddle myself, because I was wrong about where it pertained to.
‘Omit two’ concerns the....
Spoiler
levers in the room with the moving pit.
The levers further on control the teleports. Make use of the magic map to see where the floor pads are. You need to activate them all.
Also, I don’t know if it’s essential... but I found the cats useful here.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay... a while ago, I was playing UD and decided to take a break for a couple of days and it turned into a couple of months.
Just loaded it up again and started Sivis.
Can anyone tell me what the four fish say?
Their words were instantly replaced with the countdown and drowning messages, so it was impossible to see what was said. They gave me a bag of coins and are waiting a couple of squares further down.
I can’t see what to do, and have no idea what they want.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ignore the last post. Found what to do.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Saumun, can't you replay that part? I didn't write that down. Whenever I get a message I pause it to make sure I don't miss it. Unfortunately if another message event happens, the previous one is lost. I think it would be better to create an info screen message to prevent this from happening, might miss something pertinent.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

At first I didn’t realise there was text because of the constant countdown to drowning, then saw it flash up.
Just after this I tried the...
Spoiler
sleep wand
just to see what would happen, and they disappeared so I didn’t bother to replay.
Still have a save game there, so I can go back... but the text flashes up and disappears so quickly, I might struggle to pause it.
Is it something important?

Anyway... saved it after getting the
Spoiler
breathe underwater
spell. Only found two pearls at the moment, so I think I have a long way to go yet.

Might play later if time allows.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Welcome back Saumun at the UD playfield:-)

It will take some time to come to Sivis dungeon because its summertime :-) and ..... i stuck to often during gameplay.....but happy that you are back !

Have great success !
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Found a couple of hours to play, and seemed to be making good progress in Sivis.... but I’ve come to a bit of a halt. Going around in circles.
The last thing I did was to complete the meditation dream and now I can’t find anywhere new to go, yet I only have four pearls and two clan keys.
I heard ‘The Abyss’ mentioned in the comments. Can anyone tell me where this is?
Also... near the start, where you’re stopped by the four fish, the ‘reveal symbol’ spell shows the eye on a nearby wall, but there is no button or anything like that. There is a single square room behind an adjacent wall, but I don’t know how to open it.