[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leslie
Adept

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Leslie »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm I think you need to put a lantern in each alcove instead of just the one, they both toggle a counter using constant weight
Oh yes, sometimes the solution is that easy :)
Thanks!

Adamski wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:07 pm Leslie, your second run? Did you already finish UD?
No, actually I gave up on the first run, after probably doing some things wrong, tactically.
- I played with the whole party of four characters and had to do a lot of backtracking to hunt for enough food. To minimize that, I spent a lot of money on pumpkins and fishes, and so did not have enough for more important items.
- After finishing the cloud castle, Zuus got young again with only 20 mana, rendering him rather useless. I found no way around this, reloading did not help.
- My "offline dexterity" was too bad to solve the teleporter speed test in the rainbow mines whre you get teleported when holding a yellow crystal. I tried many times, but I am simply too slow. At that point I decided to give up.

After a longer break, I now started a second try and will do some things differently...
...play with just Elektra and Fahn to minimize food backtracking and avoid the Zuus problem.
...save mushrooms and foxgloves and sell them. On the first run, I actually ate them, assuming to find enough money later... not a good idea.
...I actually have no solution for the rainbow mine problem yet. I will think on that when I'm there again.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi Leslie

The teleporter speed test was not so bad i thought at the beginning:
1. Have a look on the magic map and count the steps you have to do without "turning left or right"
2. Lay down some bags, chest and weapons, that you only have "grey weight". So you can run faster.
3. Think about when starting running (the color change) and make your steps with the keyboard, not with the mouse.

Hope that helps

I have finished rainbow mines and at the end it was not too hard after knowing that "The Magnet" door only opens when the colors are changing. That was hard to find out.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

LOL, old school, LOL, mage and FIGHTER are the combination of success, healing would be from the botany priest's use of plants, ninja from imbued objects, and the least appreciated power that is form and alignment. Thief skills belong to ninja. Only the hero who has all these skills can forge the dungeon created by other talented artists. It has always felt to me it comes down to a special sword, you can see it, you can feel it, be wield, almost always does a bit of damage and it is also like a cross of protective shielding. To beat a dungeon master you have to have all these skills. UD requires these skills
keep your gor coin handy
Haios
Neophyte

Post by Haios »

Hello again. It feels like I got trapped again while exploring pits in the dragon shrine.

I'm in the same spot that Igor got stuck at a while ago, but I did not see a solution to the problem posted here. I still have my
Spoiler
amber key that I think could have used in the meditation hall, but I didn't use it yet since there were still places to explore. Did I need to use that to be able to escape from here? Right now there are pillars blocking the astral form from getting into the room.
Igor's old post
Spoiler
Igor Poulpupov wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 pm Hi Adamski. I'm in dragon shrine now. I'm stuck near the sorcerer's hat.
I grabbed it. There is also a red dragon statue on the other side, but I don't know how to pass that grate with my physical body. I thought I had to do other things first, so leave using the "astrally activated" teleport nearby (near an arrow on the wall), but the teleport won't work. My body is on the teleport, I activate it in the astral plane as usually, I see the yellow sphere, but no teleporting...
What should I do there? It's quite a tiny place, but I can't find anything to do...
I really hope I missed something again. I did not learn my lesson last time about saves and now my last branched save is in Sivvis.

Also I have a problem with a spell.
Spoiler
A few rooms into the dragon shrine the twister spell won't work anymore. It wont let me cast it from spell or trident. Even after leacing the area. From the spell window it just won't let me do anything, it is locked unless I hit the back button. For the trident, it just exits the attack menu without doing anything.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Haios. Yes, the twister spell can break, it did to me as well, as soon as it broke I reloaded the dungeon and made sure it still worked but I didn't need it after you get the one clan key behind the door. Also the create drake spell can break too. DO NOT CARRY A FULL LOAD on a character because you may lose two items, always have two open box inventories to be safe.
I spent days trying to figure out that spot with the dragon statue, it's got to do with the astral plane and those buttons, it's all about
Spoiler
where you enter the plane
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi All

Days later...i need help:
I found the Captain Bloom treasure in Sivis Dungeon --> with the Big T.....but after levering the switch....what i have to do now ? I didn´t find the 9th pearl.....
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ElTango75 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 pm Hi All

Days later...i need help:
I found the Captain Bloom treasure in Sivis Dungeon --> with the Big T.....but after levering the switch....what i have to do now ? I didn´t find the 9th pearl.....
did you find the floor button?
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi

What kind of floor button do you mean ?

I found 8 pearls, finished Abyss, finished Whirlpool Area, found iceball, twister and breath spell, finished the BIG T Room to open the treasure room, came back to the area from the 4 clan keys (finished) and hat the switch on the wall......nothing.

I finished the meditation area....there is also an area with 5 pits with water, and 4 levers on the wall, but never found out what to do there.....

In my opinion all areas from Sivis are finished.....but floor button ???

Nice regards
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Leslie, do you think I should increase food and/or money? About Zuus, I will investigate the problem. It never happened in my experience.

Chaos, I suspect the "full load bug" is unavoidable. Anyway I'll see what I can do.

Haios, I don't undestand: are you trapped into a pit or can't you get the
Spoiler
red dragon statue to the meditation hall?
In any case, that area is very illogical and complicated and I must redesign it.

ElTango, here a map of Sivis:
Spoiler
Red X are the pearls. If you have already found
Spoiler
Captain Gloom's tresure,
forget the 4 levers.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Hi Adamski,

I would not increase money, money being a real rare resource makes the game interesting.
For food, I would say either increase it, or make food a real problem. At the moment, food is not a problem in UD, as there actually is enough of it in the game. But to get it you have to spend much time in backtracking, running around, waiting for screamers / lizards to respawn. This is not challenging, but still time consuming.
So I would say, either make food gathering really hard and challenging, or just give the player enough food without having to do those simple hunting trips.

I also have a question for the community.
I made my way to the gypsy wagon and purchased that axe with the double cleave option. Which weapon should I give my second character? I could afford the speed blade right now, or I could hunt for some more steaks, sell them, and then get the fire axe. Is it worth the extra effort?
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

SPEED BLADE, when equipped allows character to carry a lot more, it offsets those cat boots, and there are plenty of weapons in the game. There is plenty of money, when you find the cookie machine try and have a lot of gold coins with you so you don't have to go back and trade for them. I think the food deployment is perfect. Go to the castle in the clouds, the monster resets quickly.
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Oh its so bad....now i now...UD makes my mind psochologicaly confused :shock:

It was the easiest pearl.....i knew that i had found it.....but were killed at that evening....and played it after 3 days......and forgot to pick up that pearl again....

Now i have the astral spell......

Is the dungeon of sivis now finished ? Where i have to go now....back to the dream castle again or the....? i am fully confused....
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

I forgot...i also read the summer dream book, went into the midsummer garden, got the rabbits tipp, went to Naneel and picked up the Melancholy book, so the midsummer garden went into autumn........but i am also there confused......
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

I hope i have only 10% left of the game......the Gingerbread house and the dragon shrine......

@Adamski: How long will the came take ? Is it a long way till end ?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I also have another question, sorry...
what should I do with the sea shell in Sivvi's dungeon? From the previous posts I understand there's a pearl inside, but I cannot open the shell.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You can't yet. You need to wait until it floods. I think it's after completing the mines, or possibly the gingerbread house.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi

I think it depends on the way you read the books.

I have first finished the rainbow mines and after that the midsummer garden followed by the gingerbread house.

What happened after it will be a surprise, because i am in gingerbread at the moment.

I am too curious to make a break 😂
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Will there be some kind of notification once Siwwi's gets flooded?
I finished the gingerbread house and the rest of the midsummer garden quest on my first run, and as far as I remember nothing happened at Siwwi's. But I never finished the Rainbow mines.
The situation of ElTango is vice versa.
So maybe both parts have to be finished...?
Haios
Neophyte

Post by Haios »

Okay, I figured out where I went wrong in the Dragon Shrine.
Spoiler
I entered the area from the meditation chamber side by climbing down the pit which gets you 100% trapped. Apparently you need to clear all of the blue dragons in the large room and use that amber key, clear all of the red dragons in the next half, go through a small maze, and get to the dragon statue first. Without pressing the secret button next to the red statue, there is no way out of the area, but falling down the pit is a way in.

I think a grated door instead of the curtains in front of the pit leading to the meditation chamber would be able to prevent you from getting trapped. You would also need to move the teleport exit one step out too.

Also, it is really easy to trap yourself in the Sorcerer Hat room. If you astral spirit and undo the puzzle, which closes the door, and then leave spirit realm, you're trapped. It could use a permanent door open button on the inside
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thank you Leslie, I prefer to increase the big lizard respawn in the enchanted forest a little bit. I think it's the best solution.

ElTango, you have more or less 15% left. Keep in mind there are 2 secret areas (3 if you haven't solved yet
Spoiler
the wonder machine riddle)
Leslie and ElTango, you can finish
Spoiler
the Rainbow Mines and Gingerbread House in the order you want. Sivis can be explored only once completed the mines. To explore the Dragon Shrine, you must complete both Gingerbread and Sivis.
Many many thanks Haios. I didn't notice those dead ends. Look at he map below:
Spoiler
If I have understood correctly, you entered the pit (blue arrow) and went up the stairs (blue circle) being trapped because you hadn't opened
Spoiler
the secret wall next the red dragon statue.
Am I right? There are many solutions to fix this problem, I'll get to work. Thanks again :D
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Thanks for the help from the people in this forum...i never used such often a forum.

I stuck in the gingerbread house:
1. I was through the area of "Reverse" an found 5 star coins in the meditation....but never get the sixth coin on the floor at the end of dreamland
....and don´t have 15 red gems for Mr. Quilp
2. I don´t have a star coin for the fifteen game
3. i solved that the sweeper can come into the big room with the 2 doors and the 9 plates....but what to do there ? I am permanently killed when i go into the room from the poison clouds.....and never get the spring garden book
4. In the teleporter area i found the gold key, but never get opened the metal door....
5. In the cellar there´s nothing
6. how can i go ahead ?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

ElTango,

1. 2. There are
Spoiler
7 star coins in the dreamland. Mr. Quilp request is his usual fraud
Spoiler
Let the sweeper do the job for you
4. The metal door is
Spoiler
the exit from the game of fifteen
5. Correct
6. See point 3

I must correct what I wrote in my previous post.
Spoiler
In UD there are 3 secret levels. One of them has nothing to do with the incredible machine riddle. But somehow it is connected with an element of that riddle.
Haios
Neophyte

Post by Haios »

Adamski wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:08 pm
Many many thanks Haios. I didn't notice those dead ends. Look at he map below:
Spoiler
If I have understood correctly, you entered the pit (blue arrow) and went up the stairs (blue circle) being trapped because you hadn't opened
Spoiler
the secret wall next the red dragon statue.
Am I right? There are many solutions to fix this problem, I'll get to work. Thanks again :D
Hi Adamski. Yes that that is correct, I went down that pit without finishing the other area, which trapped me.

I've finished it now. Wow, what a trip. Thank you so much for making it.

Secrets
Spoiler
It seems like I missed a number of secrets
Mr Quilp... I didn't get to kill him. I must have messed up somehow? I was able to teleport behind him in the Dragon Shrine, but he vanished after I hit him. I even tried to powerbash him into the portal, but it didn't seem to work. How were you supposed to deal with him?

Other ones I missed:
54/66
The Aeon Puzzle (I know I had the plate, but it got turned to rust in the gingerbread house)
Reflection Puzzle (In Cloud Castle?)
Choice Riddle
Secret Branch
Hollow Treasure
Bell Riddle
4 Seasons Riddle (Separate from the instrument alcoves?)
Wonder Treasure
Abyss Secret
Quip's Chamber
Crystal Puzzle (In Rainbow Mines?)
The Masquerade
Mod Review and comments
Spoiler
The credits said it took me 1 Day, 16 Hours, but probably took quite a bit more because of reloading. I had made one button macros for most spells since you had to recast so many of them (and my keyboard lets me)

All of the new mechanics and spells were very cool. It made so many new puzzle possible that were well built. All of the sub-stories within each dungeon were well thought out. The new items and different character skills we're great. All of it was a lot of fun to get used to.

I think my favorite area was Sivvis the flooded dungeon. Really cool and dynamic use of up and down. I really liked the shrunken boot level for the same reason.

My favorite puzzle was the "Don't look West" one. That was a new way to do things and really interesting combat and puzzles.
Bugs and dislikes (Major Spoilers for the whole game)
Spoiler
Things I didn't like and bugs:
At the start, it seemed very hard because of the chompy wood guys, limited mana, and low wizard levels. I actually downloaded the module in March, but put it down for 6 months because the start was difficult.

I could not get the bear to take the medicine. It kept throwing it at him or placing it at his feet. I think it finally worked when I used it as a suppository (near his rear end) instead of a drink.

I was very diligent in backtracking and killing screamers/lizards every time the party got hungry. I think it was because there wasn't as much food early on. About mid way through with the crystal mines, fish, and cookie machine, there was too much food. Same with money since the red panda didn't offer any expensive stuff.

I lost some gear and a chest in the cloud castle and the first time I used the astral spell (since the bottom left items don't get put back after, but are higher priority than general inventory). Also after completing the Cloud Castle, my entire party had their stats permanently high. I was using a lot of stat potions, primarily for carry weight.

In the Tree, I didn't get the rusty door comment until after I opened it. The trapped door had no warning too.

The places I got trapped (at the rotating lantern it rotated facing the door instead of inside the room; Lord Chaos Meditation I forgot to zo kath ra the gem and upgrade the staff; the Crystal Mines Path 2; and Dragon Shrine Statue Teleport Puzzle)

I really hate that rust mechanic. I had no idea how or what happened the first time I had an item turn to rust. It was only after a weapon got hit that I saw how it might be connected to some poison attacks or slime cubes.

The sleep spell on the unicorn not working the first time. I had cast it three times and it did nothing, so I thought I was doing something wrong until I came here to the forums.

In Sivvis, I got drowned by talking to the long winded NPC's before having the underwater breathing spell. I couldn't tell what was happening because the drowning count down removed their text. A lot of NPC dialogue vanished because of expiring underwater breathing or hidden runes.

It did not feel like there were enough leg armor. I really wanted to keep those cursed leg plate armor from the meditation. Maybe I missed some because of the secrets?

I wasn't able to steal the upper library key until very late. I don't know why it didn't work before or what triggered the change. I always had on the silent boots.

I feel like I didn't have enough resist gear for the dragon shrine. The blue dragons stunlock with 1 spell, and then killed the whole party in after 2 more iceballs. Since they chain cast it, I was pulling them one-by-one out of the room to kite around them. Red dragons would 2 shot the party, which still felt too strong. It felt like there were just too many of them too! The whole area was very combat heavy. Actually, all of the monsters with spells were many many times deadlier than ones without spells.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Nice review, you kept a good track of it, really good job.
Spoiler
in the end with the tough monsters, they sorta killed themselves
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Yeah, i am in the "dragon shrine" area and tested the "astral spell".....what a trip.

I the potion from Helga...ä....Barak...ä..... necessary ? When do i get this potion ?

I am stuck at the easiest point..... you need help amber wall......
Haios
Neophyte

Post by Haios »

ElTango75 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm I the potion from Helga...ä....Barak...ä..... necessary ? When do i get this potion ?
Spoiler
For me it was on the table in the Gingerbread house a little while later. You give it to the mushroom people and they give you a key for a room in the rainbow mines
ElTango75 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm I am stuck at the easiest point..... you need help amber wall......
Spoiler
The place on the sub-sub level of the dragon shrine? I summoned puck and he took care of it. I think it contained a staff
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Is there a DM2-style magic map somewhere in the game?
Or do I have to get along with the CSB-style map found at the beginning? The one that needs spells to be cast to reveal creatures, fake walls etc.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There is definitely one in the dream palace after you open the part with the electricity, but I think there was another before that... not sure though. Possibly wrong about that.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

I bought a magic map very early in the game, as i remember at the shop near the amber tower....
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yeah, I bought the one near the amber tower too... but doesn't that one require you to cast mapping spells? I can't remember.