[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

> Did not open the upper library for the Bateson quest, where ever his hideout is, not sure where to look.
Spoiler
The key is in the lower library...
> What do I use the
Spoiler
dispell from the gloves for? What does it dispell?
I never used them, so I can't tell..

> What is the fire wand for? I thought Mr Quilp wanted it
Spoiler
Someone else wanted it, remember?
> What are the clan keys for? I have 3
Spoiler
You'll need a 4th one, and the keyhole. Both are in the underwater dungeon, quite well hidden. I'll tell you more once I see in your savegame which key you're missing (the same one I was missing I guess).
For the rest, I'll look into the file.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Igor
I sent you my save game.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

The save game was quite useful. Interesting team you have there, impressive stats all around, but I still prefer having 4 members.

Don't mind that pillar, there's something behind it, but it's not important (not required for finishing the game nor for the 100% secrets achievement). I'm not totally sure how to remove this pillar. Maybe it's linked with the dragon statues.

For the second dragon statue:
Spoiler
start in the room where you put the first dragon statue. I'm actually surprised you missed that one.
I'm afraid you won't be able to finish the clan keys secret due to a bug... I think the last key you're missing is
Spoiler
in the abyss, and the only passage leading there is bugged since the first time you used the astral spell. If you still have an old savegame from before entering the dragon shrine, you'll be able to go in the abyss and search for that key.
For the clan keyhole,
Spoiler
look for a well hidden wall button. It's in the floor just below the surface (it's a quite big floor to search, but I gave you a big clue already).
I saw you're missing a number of big secrets that you wouldn't be able to solve if you delete your current savegame, so keep it safe...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

In Sivis, once I meet the talking school of fish which tell me to follow the sounds they block my path. But they move really slowly.
Spoiler
If I attck them, they just disappear and I am free to move. Is this a wise move, will they not help me later?
Also the find the big T and the 9 pressure pads. Is this one I come back to?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
Ah, I can put the big fish to sleep... Interesting. And I saw the one through the portcullis on the pad
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks Igor

For the second dragon statue:
Spoiler
I am not sure what you mean, I end up in the room of shadows, but I don't recall seeing another dragon statue. I'll give it a go right now
About party size. There is something to be said here. When there is an attack using only two characters, if they are stacked, half the spells will miss the party and often when there is an attack the monsters starts on the same side thus avoiding their attack and allowing the fighter to get a few extra hits. Also a higher strength means the party can survive a higher damage attack which was why I was able to walk through the fire fairly easy without having to replay it a million times. It was difficult only using two characters for one reason, the party was not allowed to beef up with potions so they could carry more. I think Saumun had a great idea with his dungeon by putting in a mechanic that removed some of those booster points faster as time ticked by. It is a good solution, or what I am thinking on doing is only allowing the spell to be cast after so much time has passed by. This means the party has to accumulates slowly with the strength potions, and that would depend on how many flasks they have, too. Adamski's idea of the mixtures in flasks was also great, but the cost of getting the plant material and the small amount of boost to strength made it hard to use. It was nice to get a boost to all the stats though.

I didn't know about the abyss bug, that sucks. I found some bugs in the game that were fixed in 1.2 like the ra keyholes. The twister spell stopped working, and the dragon shield summon drake counter was messed up. Considering how complex this dungeon is, that is amazing there was so few bugs, and I know how to break things :)

Big secrets, do you mean the ones I missed or the ones that I am about to find?

There is so much to discuss about this dungeon
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Paul: for the fishes, I attacked them. I don't think it matters, but I'm not sure either.
Paul (and everybody else): once you finish the Sivis dungeon, make sure you got all 4 clan keys before leaving for the next dungeon.
For the big T:
Spoiler
you just need these 4 keys, everything else is in the big T area. You're one step ahead of Chaos on this one.
Chaos: I'll have to try your 2 members party technique. For your last questions: secrets you missed, but that you still can find. The ones I think about are both in the
Spoiler
dream palace
(and I missed them as well, they were some of the numerous secrets I was missing when I finished the game).

Finishing the game will also help in finding the secrets you missed, since they have explicit names.

Once again, and to everybody: make sure you keep a savegame from before entering the room that has to be unlocked with the two dragon statues if you want to be able to get all the secrets.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Thank you for the tips, much appreciated!

I too am a fan of the two party approach. Less to feed, less to heal, and of course they will be at a higher level overall. Plus the aforementioned dodging ability by a 90 degree turn or moving the members into a column. Though in theory, as the levels are logarithmic (double exp per level), a four party team should only be a level behind in each skill compared to a two party team if the duties are shared equally...

I think I shall have a break now for tonight! Have got to the part where the chamber is not flooded and is ice on the walls. Need to have a think about my next move!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks Igor, for some reason I thought I applied that measure, hapy tp say I got the second statue, i'm to sloshed to finish it tonight, will get back at it tomorrow, freaking awesome.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have only managed to find two clan keys (well three)
Spoiler
One was in the abyss in an illusionary wall. Another was in the area where you got a master key but it is shut behind a portcullis that I cannot open. The other I have not found.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I tried going back to the start of the game to the fairy village - this has however shut off, with a gate on top of a gate? Strange.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

PaulH wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm I tried going back to the start of the game to the fairy village - this has however shut off, with a gate on top of a gate? Strange.
Yes, I have the same problem, the gate appears to have a second gate, can't get back there.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Well, I finally finished it this morning. WHAT A BLAST! I like the finishing touches, sums up the story. Loads of fun. Only got 67% of the secrets, and I will play this dungeon again.I cast'd fireball more than 5000 times, and usually I am a fighter. My eyes are still scrolling from reading the end game stats, however there is a crash after a while and some stats were lost. It must be one of the objects pics has transparency.

Freaking awesome game, lots to talk about.

Thanks Adamski, where ever you are.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Well done! Doesn't look like I am too far away.

I got a 3rd clan key, but still can't free the one from behind the portcullis. I am also stuck in a dream (just past frozen chamber). Just a catacomb full of monsters, been killing them for an hour now, am tempted to reload an old save game as am getting a bit frustrated.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Aha! Solved it!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

PaulH wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:39 pmAha! Solved it!
Did you get the last clan key. I feel I did find the hard one to find and missed the obvious one somehow.
Spoiler
to get the clan key behind the portcullis you need to use a spell I believe
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
The three I can remember getting:

- One in the abyss, within an illusion
- One behind the portcullis, which I did indeed use the twister spell
- One above the 'ice chamber' - again, needed the spell

I cannot remember where I found the other, though it must have been the first I found.
Spoiler
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Did anyone notice a slowing of the game when fighting those tall, horned green/brown knight type creatures? Not sure if it was a spell they cast or my computer struggling - though I'd be surprised tat the latter as I have an above average machine.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

PaulH wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm Did anyone notice a slowing of the game when fighting those tall, horned green/brown knight type creatures? Not sure if it was a spell they cast or my computer struggling - though I'd be surprised tat the latter as I have an above average machine.
It is a spell attack they are using, I found that fantastic. There are all kinds of nasty attacks as you will find out :twisted:
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Amazing! I am not sure even George had some of these things in mind when he made RTC, but credit to him to making the editor so open. I never knew so much could be created, and Adamski has taking this beyond what I could ever imagine.

But it has got me thinking for my next creation...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Oh yes, RTC is capable of more for sure. If only George would come back and fix a few of the problems but most of all, improve the dungeons size. There are a lot of limits that are holding back the potential. If these limits were increased it definitely would make it possible to do a lot of complex mechanics. What I was impressed with in this dungeon was how much it packed for its size. The music alone must have been a lot. I can see how Adamski saved on space, but what I really found impressive was the control he had over the spells, everything rigged to a counter. What else is surprising is there must have been 500 texts, he told the story quite well. Adamski could have simplified that a little, instead of all the texts, it could load up just one infoscreen with all the text, it would bypass the time for them to load as well, since the party could wonder off and the text would continue to scroll, this way here, click to close. So much to talk about in this dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am at a part of the game near where the Sorcerers Hat is - but I cannot get out of that area. There is circle on the ground, if I astral project there and activate the teleporter, the bodies do not move. There is also a button across a pit, which when I am projecting and press, says 'a pit in this room has closed'. But no pit closes. I can't see what to do.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Tried some earlier saves, but getting multiple crashes when trying the astral spell
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I can see the pit that has closed now- and can see what I am probably supposed to do. But I am still stuck in this area. I can walk through the grate while under the spell, and see the red statue, but can't open this gate.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have figured it out - there is a hallway with a master key lock earlier in the game - I missed the lock. If it is not used and that area completed first there is a dead end.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

The game is completed! The bane is ended.

A few stats.. Only 57% of secrets, though when it was scrolling through some I had thought I'd done didn't seem to register (though I know of several I have missed and would probably complete when replayed). 1408 fireballs. 2 days and 4 hours to complete according to the clock.

Review to follow!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It sure was a blast Paul, I would love to chat about the review. Much to chatter about this dungeon. Certainly sparked up fumes of thought.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yes, plenty of food for thought. I am going to replay the game from the start and see what else I can find.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I will get a chance to play 1.2 or maybe 1.3 if Adamski mysteriously returns
lots n lots of fun
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I imagine he might be quietly observing and planning some more cunning creations!

I wish more players would play it though. But sadly a lot of gamers want the latest 1st person 4k 100fps multiplayer blood fest games, where this has much more depth. Might have to try and push it on Facebook more, as I am sure many people who played the game originally have forgot about it and just need reawakening to DM ;-).