[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Saumun »

I went back to cloud castle and figured out how to get the staff, but nothing else. The only thing I can see that I haven’t done in there is “Omit Two”. The only things i can think to omit are floor plates... and that didn’t work.

Elsewhere I’ve had to rage quit for now. At a total halt.
Don’t know how to proceed in the rainbow mines. There’s a fairy near the candy house that wants something (I presume it’s the blue unicorn horn the mushroom guy mentioned, but I’ve no idea how to get it).
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Saumun wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 pm The only thing I can see that I haven’t done in there is “Omit Two”. The only things i can think to omit are floor plates... and that didn’t work.
Spoiler
Not floor plates, levers.
Switch two of them back to the upper position. The door will close. Because of that, trust me, enter the pit... the one that moves.
After that, find a way back to the other side of the closed door.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Aaaah... Thank you leslie.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Okay, done that one.
Now I’m just stuck on, erm..... everything else. At least everything else after the ‘melancholy’ book.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS... I remember the shopkeeper near the mines said something, but I can’t remember what it was and he doesn’t speak after that.
At the moment I’m not likely to see any tough battles because I can’t get anywhere after I used the solid key on ‘arachnophobia’.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun.. I think my version 1.1 does repeat it, but there is the chance that it was because of the replay. What he hints to is
Spoiler
the machine that turns rocks into to crystals, and crystals into rocks
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah, thanks CS. That has given me something to go on.
Spoiler
I’ve been to the rock to crystal bit, and there’s a rock in the mechanics room.
So much to do, it’s easy to forget what you’ve seen.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Sheesh... Up until the last couple of days, I seemed to be progressing quite quickly. Now every time I seem to get going, I soon get stuck again.
Can anyone give me a shove in the Rainbow Mines meditation point (the old school DM). At the start you get a coin, but there’s nowhere to put it. No keys, no switches, and bumped all the walls. Have even thrown stuff through the portcullis and scared the water elemental under doors, but found nothing.

Am I thinking too old school? Can anyone give me a clue?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Might I ask for a clue about the staff in the cloud castle, please?
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie,

In the hall of fire, it’s the...
Spoiler
destination bubbles that are the key... the blue ones. In the places they appear, you either have to stand in them while the bubble is there or lay an object there. I did both and I’m not sure which one did the trick.
Be aware though that there are five. They seem to move randomly, so for a while I thought there was four. Hang around until you see all five.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Seems I’m double stuck now.... skipped the meditation point for the time being and carried on in the mines. I have crossed the 4x4 pit section in path 2, but I’ve used my rainbow rocks/crystals getting there (one to enter the path and three getting across the pits).
I think I need to use.....
Spoiler
the lift to bring a barrel up for a floor pad
..... but I need another vacuum fuse.
Looking at older comments, it’s.....
Spoiler
in Tricks and Traps
..... but I have no solid keys left.
I’ve found one solid and one onyx so far on path 2. Have I missed one, or is there another way?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun, if you have another solid key, then go back to the main hall and complete another section to find another rainbow. It is not easy, and I "cheated a bit" using my fighter skills. It is a very difficult place. If you have not built up your health enough, you'll have to deal with dead characters.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I have no solid keys (used 4 so far), so I’m a bit stuck after the path 2 pits. There’s a door opened by a pad behind a glass block, but i have used my rocks/crystals getting there. If I remove one from the alcove, I can’t get across the pits.
I’ve got a feeling I’m missing something. Either a way of getting across another way, or maybe a key I’ve missed.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I’ve got a feeling I’m missing something
Spoiler
I think you are, are the rainbow walls flashing?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

You must have missed a rock someplace, BUT
Spoiler
you can steal the first crystal, or the rock while the walls are flashing and throw it on the pad with the right color flashing, I can't remember for sure, cast ice spell, hold the door open with it and force your way through like a fighter ;)
Be careful, being a fighter is dangerous, can lead to a dead end and have to replay it. That spot is safe to do it.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Don’t know, dude. I’ve opened four areas (arachnophobia, lost world, abandoned galleries, crystal cave), and I have four rocks/crystals. One from each. So maybe it’s a key that I’ve missed.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:53 pm Don’t know, dude. I’ve opened four areas (arachnophobia, lost world, abandoned galleries, crystal cave), and I have four rocks/crystals. One from each. So maybe it’s a key that I’ve missed.
Once you pass that clear block you'll find another key.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m in work now, so can’t play for a bit. Had a go last night, but ended up rage-quitting in frustration.
Something tells me there must be a way of reaching that door without using all four rocks/crystals but I can’t figure out what it is.
I need one to get into the path and three to cross the pits.
The link between path one and two is open, so I tried to cheat my way into path one with an ice spell as you suggested, but I couldn’t manage to get through.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

That's what I mean by fighter. When the door opens cast the spell, then run at the door and keep hitting forward key, you have around a 1 in 5 chance to sneak through, you'll get an injured head but it should work. You can do it, might take several tries. At the end of that hall after the pits will be a key. I couldn't figure that spot out either, tried everything and used my toughness and patience to sneak through. Not sure how else to do it. Also read you can use a barrel too.

There were a few spots that for some reason I could not run fast enough, only after hundreds of tries could it be done. Not sure why that is, this fighter is pretty fast :)
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yeah, that’s what I was trying.... picking up the rock and charging at the ice. Just didn’t manage it.
Did you get the meditation point in the mines? (the one that is old school DM). Got stuck there with a gold coin and nowhere to go. No key. No switches. No fake walls.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

In the old school dungeon, use the map to figure out where to go. Went through that area quickly, there is not a lot of anything other than killing everything and I think, fusing chaos
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

At the moment I am stuck in the cellar of Naneel's house.
What should I do about the COC - OCO inscription?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

sorry for asking - solved it a munite later :)
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I made some progress and now started with the rainbow mines.
Opened the Lost world and found a blue crystal. Then opened the control room, where I am stuck at the moment.
I used the machine to change the color of the walls to green and tried to do something with the mechanical goblin, but no luck.
The three paths seem to demand crystals in different colors, but I only have a blue one. Then there is a switch that seems to open a door fpr a short while, but I could not figure out which.
Could I have a clue please?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie,

I was confused about the same things.
You need to....
Spoiler
leave the colours cycling so that the door to ‘The Magnet’ stays open. In there you can change the crystal to a rainbow rock, which changes with the colour of the walls.
Spoiler
At the end of path 1 you’ll find a vacuum fuse that opens the other door in The Magnet. In there you can change rainbow rock back to crystal.
Could you do me a favour? I haven’t played for a few days. Got a bit disheartened after getting totally stuck.
When you reach the end of path 2, can you let me know how to do it?
nexxus65
Journeyman

Post by nexxus65 »

I'am in hanted house in the cellar and i try to find a blood key...

any idea ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You need to get through the door with the barrel in front of it, near the six rooms at the start of that floor.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Another question for my understanding on how the rainbow mines work...
I assume that with the first solid key I can open one of the sections in the central room. Then go down to that section to get a crystal.
With that crystal I can proceed on the main level to get another solid key to open the next section, where I get another crystal. And so on... am I right so far?
Does it matter in which order I do the sections? I hope that there're no dead ends...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m wondering the same thing at the moment. I haven’t played for days because I was just going around to the same places over and over.
I would assume that since you can open any door, you can do them in any order.

When you get the first rainbow rock you can get into path 1. You’ll find more solid keys as you go. There are two more in path 1, and a vacuum fuse for the other door in the Magnet.
You need more rocks/crystals as you progress, and as far as I can see at the moment... you get one from each labelled section.

I’ve come to a stop though. At the end of path 2, I’m at a door that needs another rock/crystal to get through.
The problem is that I’ve used four keys, and found four crystals (Arachnophobia/Lost World/Abandoned Galleries/Crystal Mines)... but it seems to need four crystals just to reach where I am. I need another.

I don’t know if I’m supposed to have another crystal at this point, or if there’s a way of getting across the pit section in path 2 with less than three crystals. CS said there was another solid key behind the door where I’m stuck, and I’m reasonably sure I haven’t missed any.

If you figure this out, could you let me know?