[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ElTango75 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:05 am Yes, Saumun....now i understand that remembering in such a game is not possible.....

Does anybody know.....how many parts the game have ? I feel i have 5% made...but could that be ? I am in part 3......the mines....
I will guess you are around 50% done, take a small break, not too long as you have already discovered it is quite large and difficult to remember.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

El Tango,

I haven't completed the dungeon, so don't know how much remains... but I took a break a few months ago at the start of Sivis, then returned to it for a couple of days recently... but don't seem to get any time to play. Soon enough you'll pass where I last saved, and I'll be asking you for clues.

Personally (at least as far as I have gone so far), I found the rainbow mines the hardest part... but everybody is different in their playing. You might not find it too bad.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Perfekt, Thanks....
Next weekend, i planned to start the Rainbow-Mines to go ahead. I will report how it Runs....
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Is UD still available somewhere?
Yesterday I got a new PC, noticed happily that RTC runs without complains on Windows 10 and considered to give UD a second try...
however, the download links at the start of the thread seem to be broken.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi All

Its so amazing...but don´t find out what can i do next:

I´m in the rainbow mines:
1. I went into the area where there is an alcove called "Pyro" and put a Pyro from the "Triks and Traps" (used one solid key i had) into it, nothing happens ?
2. I went into the area calles "mechanics workshop"....found the gear, put it into the wall machine, but what should i do there ? The robot Nr.2 makes nothing. And why 3 Pickaxe ? For what 3 ?
3. I solved the puzzle "Triks and Traps" and went into the "Gas Chamber" - Solved and get the first "blue crystal"
4. I used the ONYX Key for the "Control Chamber", but to open one of the path.....i need more crystals....and what about the button "Gates B - open/closed" ?
5. I can change the color of the walls.....with the switch but nothing changes.
6. All other doors are closed...i have no second gear....but i have a "fuse".....

So stuck at the moment with no idea and no way to go ahead.....have i forgot something or didn´t find out ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie... I'll send you a pm.

El Tango,
1) Not a pyro, but P.Y.R.O.
2) Don't know why there are three picks. You don't need them. Don't worry about the second gear yet. You'll get it later. The robot does nothing.
3) A question for myself. Did you have trouble with the mine carts? I found it impossible without cheating.
4) You don't need more crystals. You need rainbow rock. Did you visit the room that I mentioned? The one that you can change crystal to rock, and rock to crystal? I can't remember what it's called, but it's at the intersection between the control chamber and mechanics workshop.
5) See 4
6) You'll get another gear later. Keep the fuse. You'll find where to use it as you go on.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

The whole place of the rainbow mines reminds me of the old saying
"join the forces of chaos, because we are better organized".
Being a minion of Mr. Quilp must be a job giving you lots of headache... use blue crystal here to open this door, pick up the key, get the yellow crystal to open second door before first door closes... was this place built to really mine crystals or just to annoy visitors? :)
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hello Saumun

Thanks for your help !

I had no problems with the mine carts, because i found out that you have to play:
Spoiler
Sokoban
with the carts. Do you know what i mean ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

What I meant was, it was impossible for me to turn the carts. As soon as I approached one, it turned the other way before I could move it.
I was lucky that I could cheat by using the hammer... but if I had done Tricks & Traps first, I would have been stuck there.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Oh ok, at the moment i clicked on a cart i push OR pull it. So it was no problem.

Does it belong to the hidden button in the first room with the two carts directly behind the first door with the poison tube ?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I definitely cheated "used thief and fighter skills" to get through those mines, tough man.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

For me the carts turned away before I could push or pull, so it was not possible (thanks CS for the hammer tip).
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:57 pm For me the carts turned away before I could push or pull, so it was not possible (thanks CS for the hammer tip).
you are very welcome

I think the hammer was intended to do it, it had to be set that way. Must have been tied with the push attack, like the round table. One thing for sure, the hammer can get you out of a serious monster attack if surrounded by them, works great! I'll give this game another go and try to unlock all the cool programming done, and I am looking forward to get a chance to check out the programming of this dungeon. I have 2 months of free time now, until November, look forward to working on DM system, money, trade, npc, ai and incorperate that with the wonderful puzzels I have experienced to tie it in with Clodios's story.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I assumed the hammer wasn't intended for the carts, because if you visit tricks & traps using the first key, you couldn't have the hammer.
I certainly agree that it's extremely useful though. Got me out of some sticky spots in big fights.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Now, after 2 hours i understand what everyone wrotes....the mines are crazy.....

1. I opened Path1 with a rock in orange, than i took the Solid Key and solved Arachnophobia and get the crystal in ruby
2. I went on on Path 1 used the ruby crystal for the first door, and used it for the second door, but now....stuck....there is a plate in the mid if 4 ruby walls, but throwing the crystal....it flies through......how to stop the crystal on the plate ? I read something about an ice spell ? But where can i get this spell ? Or can anyone provide a other solution ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I can't remember the exact part you mean, but they can all be solved with rainbow rock and/or crystals. You don't need the ice spell, and can't get it anyway until later (apart from via a certain staff).
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ElTango75 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:36 pm Now, after 2 hours i understand what everyone wrotes....the mines are crazy.....

1. I opened Path1 with a rock in orange, than i took the Solid Key and solved Arachnophobia and get the crystal in ruby
2. I went on on Path 1 used the ruby crystal for the first door, and used it for the second door, but now....stuck....there is a plate in the mid if 4 ruby walls, but throwing the crystal....it flies through......how to stop the crystal on the plate ? I read something about an ice spell ? But where can i get this spell ? Or can anyone provide a other solution ?
can you desribe that a bit more, it's a big area.
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

OK, i try:
Spoiler
It is at the beginning of "Path1". I haave the orange area because i needed the "orange rock" to open the first door. After that door i got a solid key and hopefully solved the "Arachnophobia Area" without the pit where some rock dwarfs are standing. Then i got a second blue crystal that i changed into "ruby color" to use it in Path1.
First door: throwing through the ruby wall to the plate opens the door - solved
Second door: Throwing the crystal over the two pits through the ruby wall, stopped by a wall, fall down on the plate opens the second door
Third door: A plate in the middle of the room. On each side of the plate is a ruby wall..... This area is similar to the area in the cloud castle with the morning star throwing from different places (north, south, west, east)....and when i throw the crystal, it flew through the first ruby wall, over the plate, flew through the second ruby wall and fall down.....this happens from east, from south, from north and west - not solved
....and so i don´t know how to solve that third door.....
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ah, I think I know where you've gone wrong.
Do you have the wall on a certain colour?
If so, don't do that.
Make sure the walls are constantly changing. You can...
Spoiler
just wait for orange to keep coming around to access the path, then when you return to where you are now, wait for ruby and throw. The changing colours will stop the crystal flying straight through and it will land on the pad.
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Yes, thats it !!!! Thanks....

This is the most difficult part outside the sleepy hollow lantern area.....

Not in fighting but in changing the colors and the crystals.....
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yes, that was a difficult part, but the flames will be even harder
keep your gor coin handy
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

So next stop....it seems i run around and around with no success......have i forgot something ? Or is it like the puzzle, that "The Magnet" only opens when the color changes .....

I have 3 crystals, one Arachnophobia, one Tricks and Traps and one from The Nest.....everything runs fine.

Now i have found the Rainbow Teleporter......solved and get a second fuse.....

Going down the chairs in Path 1 there is a room with 4 barrels and a bag with 2 Ice Seed.....

But how can i go ahead ? What is next ? The 2 Pits are open, but pushing barrels or usind Ice Seed....nothing helps, so i think its for later...and a got the Spear from the nest....

Has anyone an idea ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Have you started path 2?
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

No, i started not Path2, because the scroll means: Put here all colours...

But, you bring me to an idea........
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Hi ElTango75,

You have all the colours in a single rock :wink:
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi Adamski

You are a genius ! I love the meditation point in the:
Spoiler
Abbandoned Galleries
But i think there is a small bug:
Spoiler
When you pushed the red button in the upper floor in the meditation, and used the switch at the wall to close the RA-door, and go back to the pit and down to the dragon...you can´t go out.....is this correct ? So please let the RA-door open, otherwise you are prisoned.....
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I guess I missed that meditation point. Just found a crystal and many creatures :(
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Hi Leslie

It is a trick with:
Spoiler
the two parts "Arachnophobia (1)& Abondanned Galleries (2)". In 2 you have to pull one mine cart, in 1 you have to push a second mine carts on the same area. Use the lever, that opens the door to go back to 2, pull the mine carts through that opened door to the plate, witch opens the door next to to the meditation point
Really cool idea and my most lovely meditation point :-)
ElTango75
Artisan

Post by ElTango75 »

Short update on my progress:

I finished the "Tunnel of the beast":
1. Do you need to light off the lamps ?

I finished Path3:
1. How could i open the bypass door ? In my case i didn´t need it
2. I didn´t need to "flame of" the fire, because i have over 700 health points with Elektra. How could i flame of the fire ? With water but how ?

I finished Crystal Cave nearly:
1. The only thing is to open the iron door with the hidden "blue/tuerkis" key. Has anyone opened it ?

I now have 6 crystals:
Spoiler
and will go on to the P.Y.R.O. area :-)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There is a
Spoiler
fake wall
near the bypass door. You can get an extra crystal to the flame area this way.
The flames are stopped with
Spoiler
water crystals
but I found it very difficult and ended up doing the same as you.

Can't remember the key/door you mean.

You need all seven crystals to progress.