Crashes with dungeons made by Zed5Duke

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
luke41
Craftsman

Crashes with dungeons made by Zed5Duke

Post by luke41 »

Hi,

I have regular problems (crashes) with several dungeons created by Zed5Duke - while without any problems I have already played most of other dungeons, for RTC.049 but for older versions as well.
But many of Zed's dungeons crash - usually with a "division by zero"-error message.
It happened to "Nightkin" (same tile, first room), it happened often in "Necromancer" sometimes (room with plates and shooting, and often near staircases), in "Crusader" right at the beginning in tha haze, and in both "Gladiator"-games.
In "Gladiator 1 & 2", moreover, games can be saved ONCE - and then resuming produces an immediate crash (even before choosing which savegame to resume).

I usually play RTC-games on my Linux via Wine-emulator, but when I tried to play them directly on a Windows7-machine I get the same problems.

Well, it's a pity, since some dungeons seem cool (Gladiators, Nightkin as it is quite difficult), does anyone have an idea what to do? Unfortunately Zed seems no longer to visit this forum...

I tried different downloads, but in the end it's all the same file, not an buggy older one..
Saumun
High Lord

Re: Crashes with dungeons made by Zed5Duke

Post by Saumun »

I have no idea what could be causing it, but he has been active in the last couple of days (new dungeon).
You could try messaging him. He may not become active again, but it’s worth a try.

Does this not happen with anyone else’s dungeons?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi luke

That crash usually happens to me when two activations happen at once, one has to be delayed. Have you really played all the RTC dungeons? WOW, hats off to you.
keep your gor coin handy
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

How to check whether there are 2 activations at once. TaskManager?

Well, of course I havent played most of dungeons, I discovered this forum some months ago. Actually I try out and play all dungeons "from older to newer" ones, so now I am trying the ones Zed created in the beginning of 2009. But of course I did some newer ones, of course Conflux III or some DSB-dungeons like "Echoes of Chaos" or "Dark Reign".
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

This error comes when trying to resume a Gladiator-savegame - the same error in Gladiator1 and Gladiator2...

RTC (V0.49) Diagnostic file - Thu May 17 19:14:03 2018

Error:
an integer divide by zero exception.

Stack Dump:
RTCMediaGraphics.ConvertBitmapToLowResolution();
RTC.RestoreBitmap(int 5678, int 1);
RTC.CacheBitmap(int 5678, int 0);
RTC.DrawBitmap(pointer 0x006CAD30, int 5678, int 0, int 85, int 130, word 1, float 0, int 0, bool FALSE);
RTC.DoEntrance(pointer 0x006CAD30);
RTC.ProgStateTryToResume();
RTC.DoFrame(int 103);
RTC.DoFrame(int 5);
RTC.WinMain();
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

That type of error is common, did you get n touch with Zed yet?
keep your gor coin handy
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Sure I did, but no reply so far... Is there a tool to convert RTC-dungeons into CSB or DSB? Then I could try playing them on another engine...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I would strongly doubt it.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

OK, the issue is kind of resolved: I deleted my whole RTC-directory, and then made a fresh new download of RTC.049.
After that a bunch od Zed's dungeons worked without any problems - Crusader, Necromancer, Gladiators...
So actually as in many applications: sometimes a reinstall or restart helps.

I was so happy that after one afternoon I finished all 4 games. Well, not to hard, but a lot of fun. Especially Gladiator 2 - new monsters, new weapons, very nice idea with the gems and choosing opponents (without knowing whom you will meet...), and a little problem with (poisoned) food. I know, a little dungeon with fighting only (one amulet gives you mana of 2...), but a nice hour of playing.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Nice going. I haven’t played any of them. Might give them a try.