Lost Tomb of RhyLeh

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Lost Tomb of RhyLeh

Post by Zed5Duke »

screens and download on moddb (they will never get expired)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-tomb-of-rhyleh
jahmiann
Artisan

Re: Lost Tomb of RhyLeh

Post by jahmiann »

Hi Zed

Thx for this new dungeon, i started it.
I like:
- the item description which give weapon damage/armour class .....
- the water area is great, i felt like "Legend of Grimrock"

I recognized some rooms similar to"Crypt of the Shadow Lords". :wink:
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

nice one, but i m stuck in the water lvl. the Switch doesnt do anything. any help would do, maybe ist even a bug.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

there are two ways to go forward :
Spoiler
1°) Go to the crypt, you should found the key ..
2°) If you have a rope or a grapple you can try to use it in the well in the forest ...
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ahh sry i meant the switch in the lower lvl were u need a certain item on the pressure plate to get to. isnt the switch supposed to open the gate to the next (lower) lvl?
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

no, to open the gate you need
Spoiler
go to the well
i don't found the goal of this switch, expect spawn two bubble points.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

but i already went through the well, it leads to another black door that also leads me to the water lvl with the Switch, i opened everything xept the one grate in the water lvl under the well for which i have no key.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

ist weird, if i use the key at the grate it makes a clicking Sound but it doesnt open.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

nm, i just found it out, thx
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

finished !
Thx for this adventure

Great dungeon ! last room before the final boss is crasy.
i like:
- Full character mirror (it's the first time is see that, maybe this new idea will inspire other creators)
- Tooltip on armors/items which give armor class/bonus and damage rate (On some swords the damage rate is missing)
- Variety of different skeletons (it the same on Crypt of the Shadow Lords), i should think skeleton is zeb favorite monster
- Snake coming from nowhere and deadly strike characters (i think it cross bush wall)
- Underwater area, first time is see that ! Same as 1st point this feature will inspire others RTC dungeons.

I'm starting to think that zeb will inspired by LoG.

The dungeon has activated my curiosity, i want to forward on "Crypt of the Shadow Lords", but still stuck on red wizard eye ....

Last point:
During the ending title the game crash
--------------------------------------
RTC (V0.49) Diagnostic file - Fri Jul 13 12:24:32 2018

Error:
an access violation exception.

Stack Dump:
RTCMediaGraphics.CopyAlphaChannelNormal();
RTCMediaGraphics.DrawTrans(pointer 0x0862F650, pointer 0x022E3D28, int 150, int -1, pointer 0x0019D6E8, bool FALSE);
RTC.DrawBitmap(pointer 0x022E3D28, int 6036, int 0, int 150, int -1, word 1, float 0, int 0, bool FALSE);
RTC.DrawStatsBufferAttacks();
RTC.DrawStatsBuffer();
RTC.DrawStats();
RTC.ProgStateStats();
RTC.DoFrame(int 218);
RTC.WinMain();
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The crash at the end is fairly common in many RTC dungeons.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I gave it also a try yesterday, but did not yet finish it.

Open topics at the moment are...
...the two topaz locks in the underwater level and the spider level
...RA lock outside of the dungeon
...black door on the spider level
...second solid key at the pit with a rock pile behind
...the vexirk room

At the moment, I am working on the vexirk room. I found two lightning scrolls outside and killed two vexirks, but cannot find more. I noticed that the vexirks take damage from melee attacks, but did not yet try for long enough to kill one.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

...short time later...

guys, just ignore the scroll saying vexirks could only be killed by lightnings. Bring a sword and some patience, the vexirks can be chopped down. Also grants an extra fighter level or two :)
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

leslie

- Strange you should have approriate rune to cast lightning at vixirk level
- black door on spider level should be open from the other side
- 1 solid key must be found on the left and the other one on the right when facing the rockpile
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

big portraits was hardest to invent but relative easy made, and with water only lot of work but easy idea
lever in water make air in level below, stair gate is open from well side (maybe bit too overenginered)
few vexirk could be kill by scrolls, and this is not necessary route, because alternative way
I had in my other mod similar skeletor army, but could not find files so made them again better
black door can be usually open from other side its exit from some other area
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Fireballs work on the vixi´s as well.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

jahmiann wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 pm - Strange you should have approriate rune to cast lightning at vixirk level
I would not know how. Behind the vexirk level with the scroll saying they could only be killed by lightning, there comes a corridor and then the fire room where you need to sacrifice four items. Only then the door opens and you can get the fourth spell book page, which is needed to cast OH KATH RA.

However, I made some progress.
Yesterday evening I went by the place in the forest where some other vexirks told me they summoned the champions to kill RhyLeh. Went to the center of the circle and got teleported to another part of the dungeon, where I am now.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

you can get fourth spell book page by the other side of the final crypte door.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I made some progress and am now in a small room with two exits. Each of the exits has two auto-closing doors in a row. They close once the party is on the tile with the door. Many of such doors are in this dungeon...

Both exits lead to areas which seem to hold a lot of creatures. I did not yet have the time to go further, but I guess taking down all these pests will take some time.

By the way, I play the dungeon with one character. I chose one who started with high health and an elven sword. That sword proved to be the best melee weapon available through most parts of the game. It took quite long to get to a skeleton holding a Lich blade (not absolutely sure about the name) which has a Berzerk attack.
Are there no other melee weapons in the game which are better than the starting equipment, or did I just miss them?

I also found that attack spells are not so effective in this dungeon, fighting with melee attacks is much more efficient. The common skeleton can hold around five fireballs, but will go down after two or three melee attacks. Even chops do the job.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

hi leslie

i think your are in the final room before the last boss, have you seen the number 666 written above the ressurection alcove ?

The best way to kill all the monsters is to
Spoiler
- engage the battle in this room, you can use zo spell for that.
To do that, stand in front on the first door then open it with the mouse, before step in cast a so spell this will start closing the door but with your step forward the door will reopen. After that you cast another zo on the second door and come back the the first room. (doors will stayed open) and fight monsters inside this room.
- when you health become low, you can re-cast a zo to close the door and make a sleep or vi potion ....
- Do the dungoen with only 1 character is hard, i think with two characters with high str should be enough (you have a better count down on weapon) ...
- The best weapon are in a first time the great sword looted on big skelleton. After you should find the champion sword in a corridor with black blaze.

good luck
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Finished!
Nice dungeon, but I wonder...
I only ever found LO, UM & PAL power gems. Guess the rest of them were hidden somewhere deep.