[Custom dungeon] Conflux II [CSBWin] [Benjamin Prieu (a.k.a Zyx)]

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Post by Guest »

Gambit37 wrote:Why I oughtta... That battle was the toughest I've ever faced, not surprising seeing as the creatures concerned had 20,000 hit points between them! I did have a small inkling that it might all be for nothing, but I thought even Zyx wouldn't be that cruel... I wouldn't have minded if I hadn't run all over the dungeon gathering up the stuff I had left behind: Ven egss, blast spores, etc...
Good to hear that this snake is killable. I sneaked past by him using horn of fear. Now I will kick his ass. I hope that he isn't immune to fire and he gives me something nice (DAMN Dragon armour - I have only 2 pieces).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

How did you sneak past him? There's no room to manoeuvre in that corridor...
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:How did you sneak past him? There's no room to manoeuvre in that corridor...
Oh there is :) don't kill the gigglers and have a horn of fear ! If you killed him just like that... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by iUSTINE on Thu May 13, 2004 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:Ha, LOL! Not to worry -- I just kept going. Very funny! ;-)
So - the emerald keys indeed open the doors to Emerald Forest. But I could swear that I couldn't do that with this door in Moria (the same type of keyhole). Now I again have no emerald key. OK, lets kill these trees. What ! A Dragon ??
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The emeral keys are seperate form the moria door

the emerald keys also don't just open up the way to the forest
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't recall needing more than three emerald keys for the forest. There are loads dotted about the dungeon. You need another four to get to the council aswell. Plus one each for the back-doors to each level.

The forest Dragon is a wimp, but he has something nice...

I didn't kill the snake 'just like that' -- took hours as I recall, sleeping, regaining mana, going off to find food, coming back... it's not worth the bother though! :(
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:I don't recall needing more than three emerald keys for the forest. There are loads dotted about the dungeon. You need another four to get to the council aswell. Plus one each for the back-doors to each level.

The forest Dragon is a wimp, but he has something nice...

I didn't kill the snake 'just like that' -- took hours as I recall, sleeping, regaining mana, going off to find food, coming back... it's not worth the bother though! :(
So you had to sneak past him like me using the gigglers to get to the stairs ? Because as far I know there is no way back once entered this corridor. Only stairs blocked by snake. I killed him with about 30-40 fireballs.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote:The emeral keys are seperate form the moria door
the emerald keys also don't just open up the way to the forest
Yes, indeed. Although both keyholes are symiliar in appearance I can't enter Hollin Gate. I think I have 2 subquest left. Fiery dog ;) and dragon armour (I have 2 pieces). Is this armour set includes a shield ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

i think you might drive yourself mad carrying on the game just to compelte those quests. Try a restart and take some characters or paths you wouldn't normally and have fun. You'll probably find both the feiry cerberus and all dragon armour on your way around
And yes, the dragon armour does include the shield
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Justine: I'm probably getting mixed up about the snake -- it was a few months ago. I mut have gone and got everything first before I tackled him, though I'm fairly sure I slept to regain Mana. There's a hidden alcove with loads of ven bombs in that corridor, I used those too.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

iUSTINE wrote:Hi,
when I fell down through the pit in the Tomb the Ra Door opens itself after a few seconds. But there is still a possibility to put the key into the keyhole. A bug ?
Conflux II 0.j.
I can't find this place, give me more explanations please.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Sorry, The Grave Of... (I dont remember the name) on The Crypt level has some pits, and Ra Key. When descend through the pit there is a Ra Door. And after few seconds it opened itself before me without using this ra key. Maybe it is correct. But I could still insert ra key into the keyhole of opened door.
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

beowuuf wrote: And yes, the dragon armour does include the shield
Well, I found a shield that starts with W****. Looks like a dragon shield to me. Is that right ? If that's true, there is just one more to go. Are you sure that I can acquire this dragon boots playing with 'normal' heroes ? I hope so.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

as long as the shield is green, that's it

and yes, while you need to go everywhere for the armour quest, it's very possible to do it with normal heroes
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Gambit37 wrote:I'm probably getting mixed up about the snake -- it was a few months ago.
Well , on 0.j it's quite easy - there is one more stairs. In 0.h it was QUITE difficult to snake past him. There were no stairs on the left side of the corridor.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Not so easy in next version ....
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

Zyx wrote:Not so easy in next version ....
No additional stairs, 2 more snakes and no h. c. you can use ? BURRRN Baby :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Quellar

Post by Quellar »

Hello there,
stumbled over this, when searching for DM and, well: wow! Nescessary Map Making (huge!), the spells, the riddles and even the party creation - really astoundish. I completed one of the main quests (Crown), mainly by accident. :) (the quest seems to be over, but I thought you might be interested in the save game anyway -> sent).
So now I'll try a restart, should be easier this time, thanks to the maps. But there's soo much left to acomplish (Emmy Forrest, two main quests, Future, Golems etc etc etc).

Review:
Gameplay - 9 - completely non-linear (only 9 because you *have to* draw maps, or you're lost. That's cool - enough spare time provided. Maybe you could send maps via E-mail to people with less time).

Originality - 9 - Quests, Subquests, this is a world! From scratch to the end, everything seems new and never seen before. This particular encounter from level 11-15 was unexpected, but nicely implemented, so it wasn't disturbing or something. Maybe one or two more hints why it was there could be a nice addition.

Difficulty - 8 - it is hard, but not too hard ( 8 means for me=wisely balanced, increasing) - maybe the starting characters are two levels too weak, so everybody (o.k.: me! :-) ) needs some training first.

Puzzles - 9 - sometimes to hard to beat :)
Size - 10 - one word: Lost Dwarven City...
Replayability - 9 - due to party building and because it's SO big.

Craft - 10 - draw maps, then you'll see it! (one word: L.D.C.) - only sometimes it wasn't clear why you're in a tower or in a dungeon -> maybe putting the starting level in the middle could solve this (for Conflux III ;) ). If this wasn't done because of game limitations (max. 17 levels, so the towers had to be where other levels were) then I'd give 12 points.

Game Ending - 8 - the one out of three I've seen is nice - but a bit unexpected. Never heard of this guy before I met him (Crown-Ending).

Atmosphere - 10 - I felt like I was inside the world of Conflix (comparable with the feeling in DM). Nearly everything seems right and makes sense. (only the Quest for the bottle shouldn't be labeled quest for the bottle inside the game I think).

Overall - 9 - If you miss this one, you'll miss something. For me personally it's better than DM. It's non-linear and has 3 (or more) stories.

Thanks a lot for this game!
rain`
Artisan

Woot!

Post by rain` »

I just noticed this dungeon was released and it warms my heart knowing someone took the time to use all the utilities available to the fullest potential! (hex editing, dmute, csbuild, dmextract, csbedit, etc).

the new graphics are awesome, I'm not 100% positive but this is the first and only custom dungeon with a modified graphics.dat file =] woot!

I give mega props to your efforts, credits, ideas, implementations, and hard work. It truly is an outstanding project!

Can we expect any further projects from you? I feel lost while playing conflux 2 and i love it, i still have to beat it haha.

-rain`
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

It is quite likley you will see annother one. ZYX and I have talked about more new graphics and traps.. and Paul seems game to add our new ideas into CSB4Win. So it's just a matter of figuring out what is needed. however.. it's likely to be a while comming..
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Quellar wrote:This particular encounter from level 11-15 was unexpected, but nicely implemented, so it wasn't disturbing or something. Maybe one or two more hints why it was there could be a nice addition.
Err... no idea which encounter you're talking about... maybe some more hints for me too? :)
Quellar wrote:maybe the starting characters are two levels too weak, so everybody (o.k.: me! :-) ) needs some training first.
Next release should be better balanced about that.

Thank you for your review!
Magica
Journeyman

Re: Conflux II for CSBwin!

Post by Magica »

I am trying to download Conflux 2 but the links are not active anymore, can you give me links to downlad Conflux 2 and 3 please..

Thanx
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Where were you trying to download from?

Here is where I keep Conflux. But I don't know about
Conflux II or Conflux III. This is the only version I know about:

http://dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/Games/C ... ption.html
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I suppose he tried here http://dmwiki.atomas.com/wiki/Conflux#Download_Conflux where most download links are now broken.
Magica
Journeyman

Post by Magica »

Yes, I tried there and I tried the links at the first post in this thread but the seam to be broken.

what I need to know, is conflux 1, 2, 3, and 3.5 are different dungeons or these are updated versions..

Another question, is there any costum dungeon that can one finish alone or all of them are tough to get through without help..

What we need is an overall points and evaluations for every dungeon, review threads not only those asking for solutions

Thanks
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

is there any costum dungeon that can one finish alone
You are most assuredly in the wrong place. Conflux is not where you
want to be if you are looking for a dungeon that can be 'solved' without
hints or help.
Magica
Journeyman

Post by Magica »

Maybe Conflux is tough, but I just can't choose the right Dungeon for me because as I said, there are no reviews for the different dungeons.

but again, what is the point of making a dungeon that can't be solved ?!

Is that for the pleasure of the auther? or what exactly..

I am at the start of Conflux, I can't drink water, I can't choose my party, I can't find enough food, I even cannot find lights ... even Dungeon Master classical spells don't work ... and all kind of enemies around me wherever I go...

I love Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back, and I could finish them with almost no help .. and everything is clear ...

but those custom dungeons, its as if they want us not to go further ...

I will make a dungeon that no one on earth will be able to solve ! ... its only a joke

Thank you!
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

what is the point of making a dungeon that can't be solved ?!
Conflux can be solved. Several people have solved it in more than one
way and to differing endings. At least one has solved it using the
most difficult possible party. Quite amazing.

Even I, who will never finish the game, have gotten much further than
you evidently have gotten.

But it is a task for a dedicated player. More dedicated than I. Nevertheless,
I recognize Conflux as monumental and beautiful design. Like Mount Everest.
I will not climb it but I can marvel at the people who do and at the creator
of the mountain itself.

Hopefully, someone will come along and suggest a more appropriate dungeon
for your needs. I wish I could. I haven't played any of the custom dungeons.
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

Re: Magica

You might try Towers of Chaos.

Re: Paul Stevens

I have copies of all Conflux3 WIP's , but I have no way to host them. WIP006 is probably the most stable of the releases at this point.
I didn't think it was a good idea to put them on the wiki without ChristopheF approving it.

Paul, since you already host 3b8, would you consider hosting some of the others or at least WIP006? Each release is about 16Mb.