[CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Florent
Um Master

Warning : contains a spoiler

Post by Florent »

linflas wrote:i had to get back from the 'arena' in the 'warlord' level because my team wasn't enough strong : but i'll come back damn rats, when i'm able to cast Ee fireballs ! :twisted:
Hey Linflas, maybe you know this now, but here's a little spoiler for the Arena :

The pain rats are not freed from their cages unless you pick up Delta !!! I killed them all using poison bolts while they were helplessly imprisonned :lol:
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

the dungeon is balanced for dm-rules, but still doable with csb-rules (1-2 extra hours of training should make it). the deth knights are not meant to be killed...so early. you can even complete the game without killing them (what you will most probably do).
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Right, I've restarted with DM rules. Made my way through the Warlord's tower up to the golem's room, with the matrix to the left, fake wall maze forward and master key lock to the right.
Trouble is I think I'm stuck. Couldn't find the Master key. Did I forget to look somewhere in the Matrix ? I thought I did a pretty good sweep though. And I pressed the button in each of the 3 parts, which opened 3 spaces in the golem room, apparently releasing a few knights with the last wall opening.

Can anyone help me without giving away too much spoilers ? Thanks !
Florent
Um Master

Re: Warning : contains a spoiler

Post by Florent »

Florent wrote:here's a little spoiler for the Arena :

The pain rats are not freed from their cages unless you pick up Delta !!! I killed them all using poison bolts while they were helplessly imprisonned :lol:
That doesn't seem to be the thing that sets them free. Last time I played they were released while I was running around that couple of rats that weren't in a cage. Maybe it's a specific hidden floor mecanism ?
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

it's a very simple mechanism (like every mechanism in this dungeon is, i still teleport around apples ;)).
the room with the golem doesn't belong to the towers, it's inspired by the DDD in csb. you will have to find some buttons to get the master key and after that, you will need the gemmed keys from the towers to proceed, so again 4 ways. short ones, to be precise ;)
i vaguely remind that i prevented the player to enter the "DDD" (i should have given it a name and maybe a hint scroll) after the first tower by a fake-wall. are you playing an older version or is that the 2nd tower you completed?
if you are stuck, teleport back to the kitchen and do another tower before.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

I see... I had sensed that from the "junction" room below the "DDD", with the teleporter back to kitchen and the 3 other closed doors.

To answer your question I have only completed the first tower, the Warlord (Ku) one. When I reached the junction and stepped on the floor plate, I was teleported back to Capt Oknard's room, but then (I'm stubborn) I went through all the Warlord's tower again, and there the fake wall blocking the stairs to the "DDD" had disappeared... So I cleared the DDD after just one tower... That's why I thought it was kind of difficult !!! :D
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Hey did anybody actually bother to make maps for this custom dungeon ? ;)
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Never expect the player to do something as you intended... ;)
Why maps? It's almost impossible to get lost and only 2 little illusionary wall mazes...
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

I was just wondering about a few mecanisms : what sets the pain rats free in the arena, what does the floor switch just before the range do... Also wondering if I hadn't missed any illusionnary walls hiding marvelous treasures ! ;)
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

as already said - all mechanics are as easy as possible ;)
you might use csbuild to take a look, the dungeon is mainly designed for fights and scenery, you won't spoiler too much. i still suggest completing the dungeon before, though.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Yes ! I've completed Imprisonned Again. Thanks Sucinum for a great custom dungeon ! *claps hands*

On to the Towers Of Chaos...
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Damn it ! It turns out I had NOT completed IA ! My brother has "completed" it recently and asked me about the "Sacrifice" alcove. I had never even found it ! I finished the game by fusing Chaos like in goold ol' DM !
Fooling around in CSBuild I found the real ending...
Suci ! You told me I didn't have to worry about illusionary walls, and it turns out the game can't be finished without finding one ! :x :evil: :lol:
Anyway, pretty strange... Why include Chaos and the Firestaff in your game if it's not the way to complete the game ?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Sucinum changed his name from 'Amber' because everyone thought he was a girl! I find it hilarious that you call him 'Suci!!!

Er anyway, I never found this either. But I did not play the very latest version, but did the earlier PCDM version.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

hehehe :twisted:
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Suci : But why oh why ???

Paul : :lol:
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yeah, I found that pretty strange as well. Just like you Florent, I only stumbled across this after looking into CSBuild after killing Lord Chaos. I think that there should be a hint that killing Lord Chaos is not the "right" thing to end the game... But apart from that, great dungeon! I still think the fighter's tower is a bit too hard compared to the others, though, but maybe that's just my playstyle.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Sucy ? well, it manages to beats moo :wink: always reminds me of Kung Pow :D
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

it's an additional ending and nothing too special, so i didn't see any reason to plant a hint on it. and no opportunity, too ;)
Glorfindel
Novice

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm blocked in archbishop tower. How to open the door after the evil corridor ? Thanks

Great dungeon however. Combats are very interesting :wink:
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

you might know that riddle from csb :oops:
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

I made a map of the first illusion wall maze, and the pits above after I read that you had to jump down one of them. For the second maze, I put items on the floor to guide me. (lots of armor and swords to use) I think that two illusion mazes in the same dungeon is going just a bit overboard.

I'm stuck at the four mirrors after the dragons. I found all the items except for "Power". I killed all dragons, touched all walls, and tried all items in the second mirror. I want a hint.

The dragon room was a nice touch, but I think regenerating dragons are just a pain. How much food can a guy eat in one dungeon?? My fighting style is: kill them while they can't kill you. Needless to say, I used a lot of poison gas clouds in the last parts of this dungeon. One of the funniest sights of CSBWin is a dragon running back and forth between two gas clouds while you stand right next to it, uninjured.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

TyGuy6 wrote: regenerating dragons are just a pain.
heard the same about regenerating knights. hmm.

your hint: cast it *g
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

Got past that part, with the hint. Now can I have another? I just killed the last of the Death Row knights. The force field is gone, and I don't have a key to the nearby keyhole. Again, I hit every wall, and tried in the lock every item that I picked up in this area. (dragon spit + armor pieces)
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

NVM! got it about 10 seconds after the last post.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

sounds like you have seen ending 2 already ;)
hope you enjoyed it :)
Logales

Post by Logales »

Are there any other characters apart from Sucinum ?
Logales
Novice

Post by Logales »

Sorry about the previous message :d

Now, I can't seem to find any other characters apart from Sucinum ... Where are they ?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

If I remember correctly you have to narrow avoid getting your ass kicked by a bunch of knights before anyone will bother to help you...

It's been a while since I've played this one, though, and I've never played this particular version, so feel free to ignore me if I'm being totally clueless. :roll:
Logales
Novice

Post by Logales »

Ok, thanks for the tip, my first attempt at playing the game ended me at being killed in a room filled with mummies and screamers :)

I need to find a safe place to rest :d
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

If I remember correctly, the beginning of the dungeon is quite hard. Once you reach a certain point, you can choose other characters, but getting there is the hard part. Actually, the whole dungeon isn't exactly easy...