[CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
sucinum
Pal Master

[CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Post by sucinum »

Get it here:
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/1246 (CSBwin)
http://www.dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/Gam ... ption.html (two downloads)

Dungeon Name: Imprisoned Again
Version: 1.4 & 1.5
Platform: PC DM (V1.4) - CSBWin 9.6v5 or newer (V1.5)
Author: Benjamin Räuchle aka sucinum <BNG-Amber@web.de>
Date: March, 12. 2002
Last Update: April, 04. 2004
Created with DMUTE by George Gilbert, Textmute by zyx and CSBuild by Paul Stevens. Thanks to Beowuuf for the Hexguide and thanks to all, who played the versions before and contributed to the enhancements i could do.

Story:
After escaping The Prison of Dragoth Theron wanders on to get Lord Chaos. He has lost too many time in this adventure, and now it was about time to defeat the Dark Lord. He has sent the adventurers souls back to their Mirrors, but he had a strange feeling of not having seem them for the last time. In thoughs, he crosses a wood not looking around. He knew noone will dare to attack him, since he is glowing in an aura of might, which distracts the shadows of the night...
"Here you see him", says the Dark Lord, pointing to his crystal ball. "He will soon reach me, but i am still not ready for him. maybe i will never be. In any case, you have to stop him. I will help you as much as i can." "My Lord", Dragoth replies "I have lost many minions the last time i tried to stop Theron. I even died by myself." "And now you life again. I have resurrected you to serve me again. And that is not all." He pointed to the door, and four hooded beings, each of them more than 7 feet tall, entered the room. "You already met", the Dark Lord says and smirks...

Aim:
Escape the Prison

Notes:
I suggest playing the CSB for Windows-Version of it, which is slightly improved, but i still added a bugfixed DM PC-version of it, if you can't di this for some reasons.

Bugs:
none i know of...

Difficulty-Rating: Expert

Size: as DM

Installation: replace the Dungeon.dat of DM/CSBWin with the one i included for the according system.

Version History:
removed all orphans
added and changed some texts
changed some minor stuff

fixed all know bugs (2 pits, 1 pressure pad, 1 teleportal)
added some decent hint where needed
added a story
controlled some monster-flooding
did some other balancing stuff

all changes of this update were undone.

changed a pit which leaded to nowhere
added some details for atmosphere reasons
adjustet some areas in difficulty (like the "Battlefield"). I think the fighter way is now equal difficult as the others.
removed a bug which could lead to a dead end for the party at the neta way
added some hints for playing into this file, so you can avoid using dmute totally if stuck. i think having to use this destroys much of the fun you could have with this dungeon.

Fixed some minor bugs and removed the teleportal and some items dedicated for playtesting.
Last edited by sucinum on Tue May 11, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Hi, great Dungeon; first time playing it; actually playing with 2 heros party; I finished 3 towers, stucked in the begining of nikademus courtmage (lol! I have no clue what to do with those 3 transporters), very nice details (wall inscriptions, scrolls,etc.) Ill say, a must play.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Kliber wrote:I have no clue what to do with those 3 transporters
it's 3 sets of 3 teleporters, this hint should help you ;)
nice to hear that you like it and it's playable with 2 partymembers :)
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Thanks for the Hint Sucinum!! I should pay more attention; didnt realized that I was teleporting to different places :lol: , I found the Courtmage the trickiest of all the 4 towers, I must congratulate you for your work in this dungeon, I havent completed other custom dungeons due the fact that the ones Ive tryed so far arent well balanced, I cant find any fun in getting my party killed in each room I enter and reload again and again...

Impresioned Again its a very well balanced dungeon, havent found any bug so far, and the exploration its very interesting indeed, even with only 2 members party (I must confess I started with Sucinum and Beowuuf only, with the hope of finding an special hero to add to the party in some levels ahead). The puzzles arent frustrating and found some of them very clever (one of them its in the nikademus tower, where you need to open a door you cannot see to close a pit, lol, I killed the scorpio and fallen into the pit) :P (*1 Question here)

Now, I explored the 4 towers, entered the Matrix and Killed all the knights (and more, I regenerated a few partys more touching the green stuff driping from a wall, lol), found the RA armor, found the dragon fang and the executioner (the best weapons I think) also found the more frustrating room of all Ive Explored in this dungeon (the one with all the one eyed phantoms and the over-strengh skelletons, I was like WTF!!!???? pretty hard for a 2 heros party heh!), but now, I have some questions, cuz I think Im stucked again:

*1) When I killed the Scorpio it droped something (perhaps a key?) also the scroll found there means nothing to me (embermage???) cannot acces that area.

2) I have 3 solid keys, maybe I missing one (one key in each tower), I have spoiled over the forums that you need to drop in one pit to found it, also saw that its one of the things peps here found more annoying about your dungeon, I just need to know in what tower its this pit (I think I tryed all nikademus pits).

3) So far, I think Ive explored all accesible areas (perhaps Im wrong) but the one with the spiders behind a grate, it have a black lock, and I have the Onix Key, but it doenst fits, any hint here?

Heh! Sorry if im spoiling all over your dungeon, but i really want to finish it, cuz i found it very good inedeed. :wink:
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

the solid keys are used much more early in the dungeon, even before the towers.
in fact, you are missing 4 keys by now. in each tower is a gem-adorned key, which you have to use to access the second part of each tower and all those second parts are behind a lock requiring the master key, which can be found on the same level (it's held by a prisoner behind 5 solid walls, each triggered by another small button).
some small hints:
you have to use the rope as soon as you find it (ninja). i placed the rope as a hint after 1 or 2 (or 3) complaints ;) - if you already picked up the rope: it's on the last level of the tower, and most of the pits will lead you back to the illusionary wall maze. not all of them, though.
the priest-key is held by a prisoner. the prisoner can fly, the key can't. you will smack against your head as soon as you find it ;)
the wizard-key is held by the prisoned scorpion you already killed. embermages task refers to the closed grate next to it. there is no button or lock for it - but it's the wizards tower, wizards don't always need keys ;) - ember is, what will be left or the grate after that. a synonym would be ashes, if you don't know the word - i have taken it from a magic the gathering card ;)
the fighter key (onyx) you found already.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

OMG! I was laughning hard when I saw your post, the "Valuable" solid keys I was saving were intended to use in the very begining of the quest (those open the cells at "This is my Prisioneer..." :oops: ) thank you very much for the hints, they saved me hours of "Figuring this thing out", Yep I smacked my head when found the priest key, I passed over it like 4 times :P , this "little" confusion maked me to revisit all 4 towers again, BTW, great timing at "Run and Run" LOL!! I found the solution to the Scorpio key just minutes before I readed your post, and the assasin key, yep, its pretty hard to find it since an invisible teleporter change your view as soon you are near the right spot, very tricky that one; lucky I didnt found the rope before (maby I confused it with a leather pants in the distance) if not, that would be very difficult to remember where the rope was at. :roll:

Great! I have all 4 keys! WooT!!! but... cant figure (yet) the master key; I have found some small Buttons and triggered them (I assuming the level its the last in the towers, where the matrix its (BTW, I dint killed all the Knights, they keep regenerating!!) :shock: But ill keep looking for it :wink: thanks again!!!

Update: I finally figured where the prisioner is (using a see thru wall spell) and found 1 small button at the false walls maze (needed to draw a map to find this one) 1 small button at the room where the phanton and the skelletons were, 1 small button at the bottom of the passage with the chaos faces who spit lighting bolts and 1 small button at the matrix with the knights (I think); my question is: Still one button to find? if I trigger the buttons more that one time, that can open and close wharever these small buttons trigger? (walls?) phew! this its getting harder... :?
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

the buttons open only, so you can't do anything wrong by hitting them multiple times. the fifth (and last) button is in the matrix - one is north, and one south.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Great! I finished the 2dn part of the 4 towers, got the 4 corbums; did I finished the dungeon? cannot remember any were to place the corbums, gonna give a look anyways... (Nevermind, I already found where to put them! :wink:)

First bug: Too many monsters level 4 (fixing) when reloading afther getting all the corbums; no problem, I was be able to play normally.

Something unexpected: an Invisible Spider (this was made intentionally?)

Ill keep exploring... :wink:
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Once Again: Thank you. Great Dungeon Bro.

My Review: Very nice dungeon, "Old Skool" design (original graphics) that give that "flash-back" sensation to those who played it on the ST (or amiga), a good designed balance makes the game very playable, I was beable to advance and explore through the levels comfortably without mayor annoying obstacules wich keep the expectation level high; very clever puzzles, many clasic ones too. I have played just a few of Custom dungeons, most of them unfinished due monotony or extreme difficult, I must say that "Imprisioned Again" is an Very interesting dungeon, you get different surprises ("the Art of War" :wink: ) and "your attention keeps in the game, not in the work"* (tm) LOL , If you want some more of the always remynded "Dungeon Master", Ill sugest you try this Dungeon; hope you enjoy it like I did. :wink:
Last edited by Kliber on Wed May 19, 2004 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

hi,
playing imprisoned again for the first time :) i have 3 champions : resurrected sucinum, reincarnated elija (i renamed him) and reincarnated gothmog.
i had to get back from the 'arena' in the 'warlord' level because my team wasn't enough strong : but i'll come back damn rats, when i'm able to cast Ee fireballs ! :twisted:
i'm now in the 'run run and run' corridor, and it's really too hard to have the good timing :x
anyway, excellent dungeon !
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ok, changed my mind after 30 times reloading csbgame at the "run and run" point...
>>> unplayable dungeon...
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i did run and run like 20 times and died only once. as long as you don't bump walls you got enough time, even if you turn around in any corner. you should use the keyboard, though.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Just a thought. Some of these 'Speed Traps' might be
quite difficult or impossible on the PocketPC because there
is no keyboard. You gotta 'tap' and the thing is very small
and requires precise positioning. The 'Dungeon Master Two-Step'
approach to fighting is difficult because of this.

I don't know the solution except to set the speed to 'Slow'. That
is how I played DM on the PocketPC. I did not consider that
to be cheating. So it might be good to mention this in the
text or introduction if your dungeon contains such puzzles.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

hmm. maybe i create a way to get around that part and reward ppl doing it with stuff.
didn't/could't think of pocket-pcs when creating this. in csbwin or dm i had no problem at all solving this.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

used the keyboard of course but if i touch the walls only once, that's enough to get trapped...
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

At speed traps I used to unload my party (with the hope of getting all my stuff again later) or make some KU potions, and yep, that trap maked me reload many times, and annoyed me when in one try i was beable to reach the end and in the last turn i was blocked by screamers and BOOOM! start again (next time turns right :P).

My only advice here, its to deactivate the trap or at least let an open path once that puzzle its done; its very frustrating to do that run again if needed, lol!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

updated. the trap is still obligatory, but (a bit) easier now.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I remember this trap, but if you have 1 or 2 characters you can just dodge the fireballs then walk at a leisurely pace. Or go get the boots ;)
iUSTINE
Craftsman

Post by iUSTINE »

sucinum wrote:i did run and run like 20 times and died only once
:D When I played your dungeon I just slowed down the game a bit in RUN AND RUN point. BTW, very nice atmospheric dungeon, took me about 2 weeks to finish. It reminds me a time in DM I when I fluxcaged Chaos almost in the last moment (one champion survived) - this time was the same. Man (GILR ?) - that was the rush and adrenaline. Thanks.

Don't stop making such a great dungeons !
Last edited by iUSTINE on Wed May 19, 2004 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

as i supposed, i can't load my saved games from the previous dungeon into this new version... because everything (including the old dungeon features) is included in csbgame.dat files...
i have to restart all the adventure... damn :?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

oh.. about the 'speed' cheat : i tried slow, very slow and even molasses mode : i've never bumped into any wall but the fireballs always win, at the 5th corridor approximately...
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

you are the first with this problem, i really can't explain.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Perhaps you're just not very good? ;-)
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Maybe you could make a recording and send it with the save game to Sucinum, so she can see whats happening.
Kliber
Apprentice

Post by Kliber »

Oh! Sucinum is actually a Girl! :shock: Nice! :D

Well Linflas, just dont sweat it, if you cannot make that run, just try the others levels and come back later; BTW if you think Imprisioned Again its an Impossible dungeon, dont even try Conflux II :P
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i'm NOT a girl :shock:
i changed my nickname from amber to sucinum to avoid confusion, but somehow...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, poor sucinum!
tell you what, we'll just ban anyone who calls you a girl from now on!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Kliber wrote:Well Linflas, just dont sweat it, if you cannot make that run, just try the others levels and come back later; BTW if you think Imprisioned Again its an Impossible dungeon, dont even try Conflux II :P
well.. i'm not a "hardcore" gamer like all of you, that's true but i play several custom dungeons at the same time :)
- in conflux 2, i didn't go very far, but my team is not blocked by a trap. i just did a pause to try "imprisoned again".
- i'm blocked in ToC a the skeleton lock, but that's just a key problem, i think i'll find the solution soon.
- i'm blocked also in sousou's "DM 1.5" because he probably did a mistake with generators : on a long corridor where you can't escape, tons of skeletons generate other skeletons and giant wasps...

i'll probably get back to conflux 2 which seems to me more enjoyable...
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Just finished this dungeon with reincarnated Amber, Great Dungeon! Thanks Sucinum!
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Hi Sucinum, just started Imprisonned again a few days ago, I have reached the 4 towers and gone up to the Warlord tower, past the Arena to the scorpions (had a hard time there so I went back to the kitchen to train my party).

Here's one big question I should have asked myself earlier : should I turn "DM Rules" On ? I am playing with Halk (aka Sucinum), Elija, Gothmog and Boris, all reincarnated... I had forgotten about the DM Rules option... I guess my characters are really weak ? I couldn't kill the Deth Knights in the Death Row. Is there a way of getting back to them later on to have my revenge over them ? :)