[CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

run and run... :roll:
Logales
Novice

Post by Logales »

Still running :d

Re: Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Post by Guest »

Hi Dungeon Masters I am having great fun with imprisoned again but I am stuck trying to get the gate open with the spiders behind, I have found four buttons and a passaged has opend only to a dead end I know the last button is in with the knights but I can't find please help....

Thanx
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I was stuck there, too could only continue by loading the dungeon into csbuild to take a look at what was going on.
(not recommended)

however, with much patience, moving with care and a compass,by putting different things on the ground while drawing a map could yield some progress. You gain some levels and will find the hidden buttons and spinners. Yee ha!
The respawning knights are no fun though. So try to map as much as possible until knights approach, either lock them out(and you in) or RELOAD.
Well, hope this helped a bit :)

Post by Guest »

Found the last button and got the corbums am now looking for a place to put them.

Thanks for tip
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Shouldn't be a hard task to place the corbums correctly, you have already been there few times ;)
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Post by Pirate Neilsouth »

How do i run this? , it only has a single dat file in each of the dirs... No graphics.dat , no dungeon.dat or exe. Can the files not all be placed together like tower and conflux III :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You might find that Paul S has archived it it on his webspace - infact he has (/edit)
here

Dungeons like this should probably run with the latest CSBwin, download that package through the DM Encyclopaedia, and replace the dungeon.dat with the imprisoned again file aswell
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

beowuuf wrote:
Dungeons like this should probably run with the latest CSBwin,
I question this. If, indeed, the author or
someone else thinks the game should
have the latest CSBwin then I will update
the package. But the package contents are
known to be playable; as is. It is not known
to be playable with the latest CSBwin.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

With dungeons of this age, isn't there a danger of using a CSBwin engine that has a now known bug?

I can't think of any backwards compatibility problem that anyone has complained of, though of course that won't mean they won't exist

I know I used to run the latest version of CSBwin always with all the old dungeons, and never encountered issues
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

beowuuf wrote: I know I used to run the latest version of CSBwin always with all the old dungeons, and never encountered issues
Those are pleasant words to me. That is
certainly the way I intended things to be.
I guess I am more conservative than you.
Primum non nocere.

At any rate, I will happily update the package
if the author wishes me to do that.
Pirate Neilsouth
Novice

Post by Pirate Neilsouth »

beowuuf wrote:You might find that Paul S has archived it it on his webspace - infact he has (/edit)
here

Dungeons like this should probably run with the latest CSBwin, download that package through the DM Encyclopaedia, and replace the dungeon.dat with the imprisoned again file aswell
Thankyou ! :D
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Paul Stevens wrote:At any rate, I will happily update the package
if the author wishes me to do that.
As long as people can download and play the dungeon, I am fine. You can also use it to test if teleporting apples around still works in newer versions of CSBWin ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Post by beowuuf »

HJP's playthrough posted in a separate thread http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 60#p107160
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: [CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Post by oh_brother »

Review:

Gameplay: 8.5
Very enjoyable, well thought out and fun to play. Battles are enjoyable. You get some powerful weapons relatively early and unlike DM get a chance to use them (two um-master fighters each equipped with an inquisitor really can kick ass!).

Originality: 7
Well it was very classical, so quite close to DM and CSB. Not a bad thing, it was like having another DM game to add to the set. There were original ideas in the game. The four sub-bosses were great, and added to the immersion and the atmosphere. The ways to find the keys were interesting.

Difficulty: 7
Probably harder than DM, but much easier than CSB.

Puzzles: 8
Not too many, but they were good. Finding each key needed some thought. Some others were also interesting.

Size: 8
Will keep you going for a while.

Replayability: 7
Not many games I would replay at the moment. Although someone mentioned an alternate ending...so I might be tempted to reload my last save and go for it.

Craft: 7
Technically I don’t think it has made many changes on the basic model. But as far as gameplay and immersion are involved it very well designed.

Game ending: 8
The final battle is good, and it does not come out of the blue, you feel that you have been working your way up the chain of command thanks to the sub-bosses. If I had a gripe it would be the lack of congratulatory text at the end. Just another hug from the Grey Lord.

Atmosphere: 9
I always felt a part of the game, and was drawn in. From the beginning with the kitchen to the individual towers, the “DDD”, the sub-bosses, Chaos, I always knew what I was trying to do; I was not just wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what was going through the game-designers head. And with the different sections you knew you were making progress, rather than just moving from one level to the next until you hit the end.

Overall: 8.5
Overall I loved the dungeon. Good flow to the gameplay, with balanced fights and puzzles. If you like DM then I highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed!

Best part: I think the battles, they were almost always enjoyable. Especially with some good weaponry and good spell casters. But not just hack-and-slash, I still needed to think about tactics before a number of them.

Worst part: Searching for buttons in the “DDD”-type area.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's good to see this one get some love, it's definitely a solid dungeon that I still recommend if people are looking for CSBwin dungeons! Need to put this review up on the encycloppaedia at some point (I think I have access)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Really good review for a really good dungeon! Thanks oh_brother, I always think this forum needs more good reviews! :D
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Hi everybody !

I wanted to play another custom dungeon and found "The prison of Dragoth". As I finished it today (nice game by the way, I will post a comment when I have time to, but I don't know where to post it ;), I started looking for another and found "Imprisonned again".

As I don't want to read the spoilers, could someone just answer a few questions please :
- are the 2 games really similiar (I understood that the second one comes after the first one and has several similarities) or not ?
- if the first answer is "yes", is the second game worth playing even if I already finished the first one ?

Thanks a lot !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Imprisoned Again is a rebuilding of the Prison of Dargoth (from what I recall)

However, by V1.5 I think enough has been done with it that it will only feel similar, and should still feel fresh enough. At least, that's my recollection!
Shawax
Novice

Re: [CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBW

Post by Shawax »

Hi,

I eventually started playing "Imprisonned again" (CSBWin 1.5).

After completing a few levels, I am stuck at the matrix : I killed at least 40 knights but there is still a room (in the matrix) I cannot enter in because it is full of knights and, as soon as I kill one, another one appears (as if they are regenerating again and again preventing me from entering the room). And, of course, I am pretty sure that, in order to go further in the game, I had to enter that room ;)

Any clue ?
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I am afraid that you do have to kill those knights, or at least enough to be able to work your way into the room.

They cannot
Spoiler
move beyond the room directly in front of the door
, so if you can get past them you are safe.

Though I think you do not need to do this room just yet, it is more like
Spoiler
the Diabolical Demon Director in CSB. You can go back and go some of the other ways, they all lead back to that room eventually
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, part of the nature of Imprisoned Again struck me as getting tough enough to go toe to toe with foes. Knights are worse for their armour and double attack, but a decent set of weapons, good front fighters, and a ready supply of potions might let you stand and fight later, instead of triggering generators to move around.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

This is actually a spot where I was stuck, too.
Too long ago, i am afraid to remember what should be done there!
Some button or hidden buttons or teleporters come to mind.
At this spot, I did look into the editor.. pretty sure I would not have found out what to do there without this "peek".
Maybe someone can direct you , preventing you from a complete spoiler. Again, I do not remember, just that it was hard to do...without knowing!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Shawax wrote:After completing a few levels, I am stuck at the matrix : I killed at least 40 knights but there is still a room (in the matrix) I cannot enter in because it is full of knights and, as soon as I kill one, another one appears (as if they are regenerating again and again preventing me from entering the room). And, of course, I am pretty sure that, in order to go further in the game, I had to enter that room ;)
I'm not quite sure in which room of the matrix you are - there are about
Spoiler
rooms. Basically, what you need to do in the matrix is to
Spoiler
push two tiny buttons somewhere on the walls
. Beware - it's
Spoiler
two
of them, and they are the most
Spoiler
tiny buttons
in the game.

Is the room really *full* of knights, or is there some space to manoeuvre? If yes, just venture inside and try to
Spoiler
search the walls for the button
(not worrying about the knights) quickly. If it's really *full*, well, then God be with you. But before you try to do something about this room, try to search the rest of the matrix for the
Spoiler
two buttons
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Yo !

Thanks for the advice. The room whom I was talking about (in the matrix) was really full of knights and, besides, they were not able to go out of that room (thanks to a teleport mechanism which bring them back to the room at any time they were trying to get out of it, I guess). I killed many many knights and had the feeling that they were regenerated endlessly. I eventually succeeded in killing them all, but it took me a lot of time (at least 45 minutes).

In fact, I think that, roaming in the matrix, I had triggered several knights regenerating mechanisms and, as a consequence, as soon as I was killing kinghts in that room, others knights were appearing exactly at the same place, due to those triggered mechanisms.

Now, time to go further in the game : yessssssssssssssssssssss :lol:
Shawax
Novice

Post by Shawax »

Hi guys,

I finished Imprisonned Again a few days ago a decided to post something on the forum.

First of all, thanks to sucinum for the nice game. Actually, thanks for Imprisonned Again and also for its "predecessor" Prison of Dragoth which I finished last month. I was hesitating playing IA for fear that it would be too close to POD but eventually began playing IA and never really regretted : it is true that there are some similarities (the first levels, the 4 towers, ...) but also many differences and, as a whole, the 2 games are not the same at all.

I started playing POD with 4 reincarnated characters. This is the way I generally played DM, CSB and other custom dungeons. But I must admit that I quickly ran out of food (after 3 or 4 levels) and was not able to get enough food by killing monsters because my poor heroes were too weak. So I started again with 2 resurrected characters, which was a lot easier (but not easy ;) !

When I started playing IA, I directly chose 2 resurrected characters (sucinum and beowuuf) and never had problem with food. I don't know what would have happen if I had tried with 4 reincarnated characters. As a whole, I preferred playing IA, which I found more original (POD has, indeed, several riddles very close to DM or CSB riddles) and which made me more often think before entering every "fighting" place (many times, I first died before adopting the right strategy :).

The worst part in both games was the fight against the regenerating scorpions which I found very hard. In IA, an horrible part for me was also the matrix : I don't know why (maybe because while roaming in the matrix, I triggered many times the regerenarintg mechanisms), but I had to kill a very very large number (more than 80 I think) in order to walk my way through it and did what had to be done.

I also appreciated the sense of humour of the 4 "big-boss" demons, the end(s) and the good balance between fights sequences and nice riddles.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Its great to see people are still downloading and playing the older dungeons. Thank you for taking the time to do a write-up of your experiences and thoughts, as it is always appreciated.
money
On Master

Post by money »

hi, not sure if i should start a new thread but after some help on Prison of Dragoth - (figured I would play this first then try IA)... here is the problem,

So far I have managed to get 3 master keys however I have been unable to complete the "Tower of Danevar - The Assassin". Any help would be appreciated...

I have completed the following...

1. Killed all the rock pile monsters
2. past the moving floor tiles
3. past/killed the scorpians
4. Killed the armor men and closed 2 pits

I can see the keyhole on this level and get to it (once i closed the pit) but i can't find the key anywhere - on any of the levels leading to this lock. I have found the compass and the crossbow - but no key :(

Any help would be appreciated as i beleive i'm close to finishing the forth tower and on with the end of the game.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

money wrote:I can see the keyhole on this level and get to it (once i closed the pit) but i can't find the key anywhere - on any of the levels leading to this lock.
Hmmm... I wish I knew what lock are you talking about. I don't remember. Anyway, your problem is that you can't find the fourth key to open the upper section of the tower, right?

Are you in the large room with many pits? If yes, then it's perhaps the most tricky and strange place in the game. Somewhere in the room you should find an object (you didn't mention it in your post - I think it's teleported from elsewhere together with some of the scorpions - although maybe only in later versions of the game) that should give you a hint and tell you what to do next.

I don't want to spoil it too much for you here, but, well,...
Spoiler
not all pits have to be closed
, if you know what I mean. :wink:
money wrote:3 master keys
You mean "important-looking-keys", not the Master Keys, right?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
money
On Master

Post by money »

thanks Jan, i had the
Spoiler
rope
from another area in the dungeon, and started this approach last night before running out of time. Thankfully after drawing a map and working through 1 by 1 (very tedious) I found the key - and now game complete. Really enjoyed this (except that one puzzle) - love dungeons with lots of monsters, levelling and one that allows single charactor play if wished :)