[CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: [CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBW

Post by Jan »

Congratulations! :D

I totally agree! This is so excellent and well designed game! And if there wasn't this one puzzle, I'd give it 10 * out of 10. But now it's "just" 9,5 * out of 10. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, sorry money, I think way way back in the day playtesting this puzzle got me too! I think this game and conflux managed to make me appreciate that very important thigns might be in such areas. I never used to check (despite DM having the occasional thing in such places)
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Ah well, as I see, I answered the PM a bit late, sorry for that!
I still kind of like this puzzle, but I can see why other people don't. Well, to be honest, I found it quite hard to create ninja-like puzzles and even DM and CSB offer very few ideas to be inspired from. A hint scroll or wall text might have helped, but I wasn't too generous with those...

So far, I have started 3 attempts on a makeover of the dungeon. I can't promise that to ever happen, even though I feel obligated to by all the great feedback I have gotten to make it this dungeon as flawless as possible.

Some scrolls/wall texts with hints and flavor

"run and run" - It is quite unfair the way it is. Instead of deadly fireballs, a back to start-teleportal or something should hunt you. The way it is (win or die), it's unfair and unfun.

matrix level - i never really liked any version I did of this. There are two very tedious "riddles" in this area: searching tiny buttons and yet another invisible wall maze. Also the fights are very linear and not that great - the level invites to stair fighting but "counters" this in an unfair way with monster regeneration. Altogether that doesn't make this level too great - especially compared to it's inspiration: the DDD.

Hall of Champions - this should really be part of the prison to add some flavor. Also I'd like to replace some of the portraits but never managed to do so, since DM/CSB requires a very strange palette and I never was able to convert other portraits to that.
money
On Master

Post by money »

lol - i'm going to start the new game soon (imprisoned again) - but there was also another bug on the final version of Prison of Dragoth - when you meet Dragoth and use the firestaff - if you fail to fuse in time he teleports out - in my case into the stairwell behind the locked door. This meant he was invicible and netiher of us could kill each other! A quick re-load sorted it out :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

sucinum wrote:So far, I have started 3 attempts on a makeover of the dungeon. I can't promise that to ever happen, even though I feel obligated to by all the great feedback I have gotten to make it this dungeon as flawless as possible.
Do it! Do it! Do it! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
agarules
Journeyman

Re: [CSBwin][PC] Imprisoned Again V1.4 (DMPC) and V1.5 (CSBWin)

Post by agarules »

Playing with re-incarnated characters and the mandatory hero on CSBwin. Trained them all up to a decent level and attempted the towers. Just did the bit that has lots of gigglers and read the sign "run and run". So I did and forgot to stop and hit the wall in front of me. Instant death. Would I like to re-load this game. No thanks. Haven't saved for about 2 hours, so it will just re-load me to the kitchen.
Save often. When will I ever learn.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.